Forced d3d11 and a manned craft: gives major stuttering ingame (??)

Hello,

Got an very odd problem I cannot seem to trace.

For a planet pack I needed use OGL or d3d11, I decided go for d3d11 due to better performance on my rig.

Now I did some launches under d3d11, all unmanned, performance with those was smooth. Untill I had a manned mission on the pad.

The game started to stutter extensively and become somewhat unresponsive.

The in game performance graph showed continues very short fsp drops to below 8fps, while the tops stayed around 38.

First of all, I noticed this only occured when a capsule is manned with a kerbal(s), unmanned all is smooth.

So started to remove all mods that might have script relations to crews.

Finally removed all mods untill the game was completely stock. Still it stutters when any capsule is manned, unmanned is still smooth as silk.

The ksp logs doesn't show anything odd, like errors or missing data.

Anyone know what is going on, or if this is a known issue?

My system specs:

CPU: Intel X5460 @3.8

RAM: 6Gb ddr800

GPU: (2x) HD5770

Edited by Gkirmathal

Did a full clean install of KSP just now and on -force-d3d11 the game still stutters severly when a craft has a crew in it. Without a crew, there is no such problem and dx11 plays very smooth.

BTW the stutterings only occur with external views on the craft, when manned, not on IVA or EVA's.

So no one know what is causing this?

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshots of the problem with in game performance graph from the debug panel.

http://imgur.com/Ssq84i6,g3pdheK#0

First screenshot clearly shows the fps dips, which in game result in stuttering when manned.

Edited by Gkirmathal

@sal_vager and @NathanKell

Thanks for the reply guys and I understand about it not being officially supported.

Today a few questions brewed up. I would like to know a few technical things about KSP, not related to d3d11/ogl/d3d9c:

- how are the Kerbal 3d models + 3d internals handled? As the issue only occurs when craft is crewed:

- What is the difference in what KSP does/renders/loads between: a crewed craft and the same non crewed craft, when it is loaded into the world space?

- Does KSP 1.0.x, when you view the craft from the outside, render the crew 3d models and internals that are within the craft 3xternal 3d model??

Reason to ask the above:

when I increased Max Physics D-Time per Frame from 0.04 > 0.12, the fps dips/stutters became less on said manned craft.

This led me to think: UNITY might be rendering Kerbal 3d models within the external 3d model of a craft when viewed in the 3rd person (?) and that there are then physics calculations being done on those Kerbal 3d models within the craft.

Render technique then indeed could be an influence and there might also be a difference in how NV and AMD handles them with each technique.

As everything else with d3d11 in 1.0.4 works flawlessly compared to 0.90, only thing now: what are those those pesky crews doing? :P

Are these questions that need to be asked on the UNITY forums as well, or are they KSP specific enough?

Edited by Gkirmathal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.