[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

1 hour ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I was so excited but threw up a little when i saw PEW stinger missiles.

Why is that? you can still use the turret just not the missile part unless you get the Stingers. I would make them but I don't feel the need for this community to have weapon duplicates.

42 minutes ago, Avedis said:

I say North Kerbin should have ICBM warheads.

Well that will be coming. we already have MIRVs and I have gotten a request recently, expect it in the next update.

8 minutes ago, harpwner said:

Why is that? you can still use the turret just not the missile part unless you get the Stingers. I would make them but I don't feel the need for this community to have weapon duplicates.

Well that will be coming. we already have MIRVs and I have gotten a request recently, expect it in the next update.

Its just PEW has been so far behind in development that at this point it may as well be considered dead and people should consider salvaging it for ideas and making their own missiles. 
My only other complaint is that it uses 25mm from Cal rather than the standard 30mm in BDA
However i did test it and I love it. Should make a good turrent for APCs and IFV. I even tried it with BDA Tow missiles and it works. Dispite my personal nitpicks i love it.

I also love the new Scud and its launcher. I can't wait to play around with it more.

The only other issue i found was with the two new russian bombs. Once you place them you can't click on them again. 

Other than that good work

OmOjL13.png

I found an issue with the IFV turret. When i cycle through the weapons via weapon manager the first time around it fires the gun like it is mean to. However when i do it again, it doesn't. I can move the gun around but it won't fire. 

However if i have the gun itself set to an action group it does fine (unless i cycle it via weapon manager)

2 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

OmOjL13.png

I found an issue with the IFV turret. When i cycle through the weapons via weapon manager the first time around it fires the gun like it is mean to. However when i do it again, it doesn't. I can move the gun around but it won't fire. 

However if i have the gun itself set to an action group it does fine (unless i cycle it via weapon manager)

Really? I've never seen this issue... I'll try to recreate it while doing my usual go around.

3 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Its just PEW has been so far behind in development that at this point it may as well be considered dead and people should consider salvaging it for ideas and making their own missiles. 
My only other complaint is that it uses 25mm from Cal rather than the standard 30mm in BDA
However i did test it and I love it. Should make a good turrent for APCs and IFV. I even tried it with BDA Tow missiles and it works. Dispite my personal nitpicks i love it.

I also love the new Scud and its launcher. I can't wait to play around with it more.

The only other issue i found was with the two new russian bombs. Once you place them you can't click on them again. 

Other than that good work

Thank you very much! If you would like I can whip up a Stinger missile and add that in as a replacement to the PEW version. I also definitely plan on making more turrets like it.

As for the bombs there seems to be a hitbox problem that I need to solve! I'll see what I can do. And as for the CAL complaint well I try to stay accurate to real life and this means using CAL :P

2 hours ago, harpwner said:

Really? I've never seen this issue... I'll try to recreate it while doing my usual go around.

Thank you very much! If you would like I can whip up a Stinger missile and add that in as a replacement to the PEW version. I also definitely plan on making more turrets like it.

As for the bombs there seems to be a hitbox problem that I need to solve! I'll see what I can do. And as for the CAL complaint well I try to stay accurate to real life and this means using CAL :P

I was able to solve the issue. It seems that particular turrent doesn't like to play nice when MTW 50 cal guns are also added on it. I don't know if it is the same way with other guns. However its working for what it need it for now.
I also found that if done right the BDA Tow missiles work just fine in the missile pods. I got at least 4 in it. Its making for a good IFV. 

More up to date stingers would be great for that turrent. In fact there are quite a few weapons that could be stripped from PEW and would be nice to see again if they get polished off.

As for the CAL its more personal preference so i say boo but i can get over it :P

Also again this is just me being nit picky but you should remove the launch speed for the scud. It launches hard off the launcher i made so i had to turn off the launch speed. 

Another slight issue if found is more of a visual one but when the scud reaches either a certain speed or hight (i can't tell which yet) rather than a smoke trail it becomes a smoke ball around the missile but goes back to a trail when it gets back below the speed/hight. Doesn't affect the game other than just visual. 

But like i said I'm loving everything for the most part. Thank you

8 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I was able to solve the issue. It seems that particular turrent doesn't like to play nice when MTW 50 cal guns are also added on it. I don't know if it is the same way with other guns. However its working for what it need it for now.
I also found that if done right the BDA Tow missiles work just fine in the missile pods. I got at least 4 in it. Its making for a good IFV. 

More up to date stingers would be great for that turrent. In fact there are quite a few weapons that could be stripped from PEW and would be nice to see again if they get polished off.

As for the CAL its more personal preference so i say boo but i can get over it :P

Also again this is just me being nit picky but you should remove the launch speed for the scud. It launches hard off the launcher i made so i had to turn off the launch speed. 

Another slight issue if found is more of a visual one but when the scud reaches either a certain speed or hight (i can't tell which yet) rather than a smoke trail it becomes a smoke ball around the missile but goes back to a trail when it gets back below the speed/hight. Doesn't affect the game other than just visual. 

But like i said I'm loving everything for the most part. Thank you

I've got a couple things on my todo list then.

The effect issue is caused by krakensbane, which basically means that after you hit 750 m/s the world moves relative to you instead of you moving... In short the only way to solve that problem is reducing the burn time, which I can/will do.

1 minute ago, harpwner said:

I've got a couple things on my todo list then.

The effect issue is caused by krakensbane, which basically means that after you hit 750 m/s the world moves relative to you instead of you moving... In short the only way to solve that problem is reducing the burn time, which I can/will do.

Will that affect range? Because if it does please don't. I like striking targets from 200km lol

One part from pew inparticluar would be the bradly IFV turrent. If you can really clean that up and add TOW launchers to it that would be awesome

4 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Will that affect range? Because if it does please don't. I like striking targets from 200km lol

One part from pew inparticluar would be the bradly IFV turrent. If you can really clean that up and add TOW launchers to it that would be awesome

It actually won't on account of a bug in BDArmory funnily enough!

The Bradley and Tunguska are both on my to do list btw, for a future update of course.

PS: in the time between posts, I had already created the new Stinger missiles and tested them... And they work better than the PEW ones! Once I fix this all up I will release an update as 0.81.

Quick little update! v0.8.1

+ Stinger Missile

= Reduced burn time of Scud and Nuclear Scud to fix effects

= Got rid of the Scud decouple speed

= Fixed the FAB hitboxes

Edited by harpwner

I fell in live with this mod and i couldn't help but make Jeb ride a Castle Bravo into the VAB :cool: Because 'Murica!

One thing i had wanted for a while .....

The Davy Crockett witch for the people who didn't  know was a ridiculous American nuke launched from an RPG. It had the equivilent of 10 or 20 tons of TNT (Note: it was designed to be used against the Soviet Russia and the North Koreans) 

DavyCrockettBomb.jpg

It could also be mounted to the back of a Humvee if someone needed it to be there

davy-crockett-jeep.jpg

This is what we get when America makes Nuclear weapons. I cant wait till i can blow up the VAB from range with this. 

I am having a slight issue with the nuclear weapons in this mod. I can drop/launch them, however, they fail to detonate in the expected mushroom cloud. Also some of the sounds (for the howitzers and Paladin) aren't working.

Any ideas on what might be causing the lack of boom?

Btw, great mod. Keep it up!!

Edited by StereotypicalBrit

5 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

I fell in live with this mod and i couldn't help but make Jeb ride a Castle Bravo into the VAB :cool: Because 'Murica!

One thing i had wanted for a while .....

The Davy Crockett witch for the people who didn't  know was a ridiculous American nuke launched from an RPG. It had the equivilent of 10 or 20 tons of TNT (Note: it was designed to be used against the Soviet Russia and the North Koreans) 

DavyCrockettBomb.jpg

It could also be mounted to the back of a Humvee if someone needed it to be there

davy-crockett-jeep.jpg

This is what we get when America makes Nuclear weapons. I cant wait till i can blow up the VAB from range with this. 

Ooooooh this is a request I can get behind. With Baha's turret module and the rocket pod module, I can make this a reality!

Give me... a few hours.... and I'll add it to update 0.8.2 if it works... and among that bug fixes if people find any in that time!

2 hours ago, StereotypicalBrit said:

I am having a slight issue with the nuclear weapons in this mod. I can drop/launch them, however, they fail to detonate in the expected mushroom cloud. Also some of the sounds (for the howitzers and Paladin) aren't working.

Any ideas on what might be causing the lack of boom?

Btw, great mod. Keep it up!!

read some posts from a few pages back, this problem has been addressed a number of times already, it has to do with the way you installed it (wrong).

2 hours ago, harpwner said:

If I can keep it stable, I'll be streaming here: https://www.twitch.tv/harpwner53 while developing the Davy Crockett and looking for the bugz!

Im watching/was watching (depending on when you see this) and am hoping/was hoping to see an IFV turrent that can utilize the tows. 

In your latest update, the Scud wasn't functioning correctly.  I set some GPS coordinates with a tank i made.  Weapon mangers on both craft were armed.  I switched to the Scud launcher, targeted the GPS coordinates with the coordinator, and launched the Scud.  However, instead of going towards the target, which was by the mountains, the Scud continued to curve downwards and into the ground in the grassland near KSC.  Any ideas what is happening?

3 hours ago, SpecOps115 said:

In your latest update, the Scud wasn't functioning correctly.  I set some GPS coordinates with a tank i made.  Weapon mangers on both craft were armed.  I switched to the Scud launcher, targeted the GPS coordinates with the coordinator, and launched the Scud.  However, instead of going towards the target, which was by the mountains, the Scud continued to curve downwards and into the ground in the grassland near KSC.  Any ideas what is happening?

Not really, considering the fact that I've done extremely intensive testing at all ranges (including from KSC to KSC2) this problem has absolutely never arisen. The Scud sometimes misses by a few meters but not by kilometers. I will need someone else to confirm this before looking into it further.

I'm gonna start live-streaming my long development sessions by the way, probably gonna start within the hour working on either the Tunguska or LAV turrets. I was going to go ahead and release the update containing a minor fix and the Davy Crockett, but the DC was giving me a few issues in testing mainly concerning particle fx and tweaks so I've decided it would be better to just start the next full fledged update.

Edited by harpwner

23 minutes ago, harpwner said:

Not really, considering the fact that I've done extremely intensive testing at all ranges (including from KSC to KSC2) this problem has absolutely never arisen. The Scud sometimes misses by a few meters but not by kilometers. I will need someone else to confirm this before looking into it further.

I'm gonna start live-streaming my long development sessions by the way, probably gonna start within the hour working on either the Tunguska or LAV turrets. I was going to go ahead and release the update containing a minor fix and the Davy Crockett, but the DC was giving me a few issues in testing mainly concerning particle fx and tweaks so I've decided it would be better to just start the next full fledged update.

I ll try to watch it. Maybe learn a thing or two. 

I don't have a twitch account though so i can't chat in it

2 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I ll try to watch it. Maybe learn a thing or two. 

I don't have a twitch account though so i can't chat in it

Stream is over for now, may start again later.

Edited by harpwner

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.