My Career Mode Graphic Novel! (Chapter 3 Page 32 "Fuel tanks and brain bleaching!")

CAKE99

Moar!

If I remember correctly then the 6th page will be the last page in 1.0.4!

Kr70TS2.png

K4LpJ1r.png

EDIT: I have 3 pages of replies!

Not much of a achievement though as it's mostly just me posting new pages ;.;

Edited by CAKE99

Here are 5 moar pages!

Page 12 is the first page where I am using my new computer (I think).

Also the KSS in page 12 was launched on the 14th of December! Which means I am catching up on my gameplay!

QEDQqSk.png

kRR1Ryy.png

LFUtkMS.png

966Dl77.png

SLnqyNt.png

Also the reason pages 11 and 12 are bigger than the other 3 is because the screenshots got bigger.

8 hours ago, CAKE99 said:

Yes, in fact the station is bigger than in the graphic novel. In future pages I will add a large octo-girder thing for docking stuff. Then I add a tug with a class a asteroid on it. That's all I have done that's not in the novel.

This page vill haff all ze stuff in zat post.

SrlMnGm.png

This post has no new pages. Sorry.

I probably won't make any new pages for a while. 

I have made all the screenshots I have into pages. So I need ideas for new missions. All I can think of is designing the Sarnus mission, which is not working. So please suggest missions so I can make new pages.

2 hours ago, CAKE99 said:

I have made all the screenshots I have into pages. So I need ideas for new missions. All I can think of is designing the Sarnus mission, which is not working. So please suggest missions so I can make new pages.

Dres!

It's not that hard, really. Just slap a high energy upper stage to a beefier Mun lander.

Edited by Sanic

On January 16, 2016 at 9:35 PM, CAKE99 said:

Have you tried Eve? Maybe not Eve return, but maybe a one-way trip? Jool is a nice idea for missions, maybe expeditions to the moons?

It's also interesting to note we have rather different ways of making comics. My production process generally involves writing a thin outline for the next episode, "filming" the episode, finishing up the script, making the actual pages.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

On December 7, 2015 at 7:22 PM, CAKE99 said:

I'd rather cheat :D

Also as I just got a new PC I have installed:

All the near future packs,

Lithobrake exploration technologys,

And probably some moar.

But here's a new page!

JvEJjyW.png

Sorry, but after reading Eve: Order Zero, I laugh while seeing Mort cry.

On 16/01/2016 at 3:56 PM, Sanic said:

Dres!

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

#DresFTW

There will be a Dres window in about a (Kerbal) year, I am already planning a Dres mission for then.

1 hour ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Have you tried Eve? Maybe not Eve return, but maybe a one-way trip? Jool is a nice idea for missions, maybe expeditions to the moons?

It's also interesting to note we have rather different ways of making comics. My production process generally involves writing a thin outline for the next episode, "filming" the episode, finishing up the script, making the actual pages.

In about 100 (Kerbal) days (that's when the transfer window will be) I will send a Eve mission.

My production process is:

Step 1: I play a lot of KSP and take screenshots,

Step 2: After a month or so I decide too stop making screenshots for a while so I can catch up on writing the novel,

Step 3: I start writing pages with no script, I just write whatever I can think of that would work well,

Step 4: I put the pages on Imgur and then the forums,

Step 5: There is no step 5!

So, there was a Plock transfer window about 20 days (Kerbal days) after the last page.
The reason I didn't see it was because in the past when I was planning for the Plock mission I gave up.

qNHLZS6.png

ZyLI1DZ.png

TvknVQx.png

So by now the Sarnus transfer window is in about 50 or so days.

But I still need suggestions for stuff like: modules for the KSS and Mun Station 1 (Soon too be renamed to Braun Station).

2 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

Darn.  No more crying from Mort.  At least the fact that he didn't even appear makes up for it.  Just kidding.  Cool ship.

I will set it up that Mort was sleeping while Jeb ruined his buggy.

I will also make the craft file available, (once I work out what mods it uses).

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, CAKE99 said:

Thanks! Over the past 4 weeks I haven't been playing on this save that much, I've mostly been trying to get USI-LS working or playing other games.

Well, USI-LS is something of a challenge.  The rules changed fairly significantly with the last update a little while back, but I can't find a single-source set of docs for what the new rules are.  So I'm still using the older version in my OPM game and am really questioning whether I'll use life support at all once 1.1 comes out.

See, the thing about life support (or reentry heating, or any other "realism" thing that the stock game lacks or used to lack) is that all they really don't have much impact on gameplay.  They just add extra design requirements you have to meet to get your rocket form Point A to Point B, and you meet those requirements the same way you do any others.  That is, during the design process, you just add a few additional parts (cans of food, a heatshield, whatever) as needed.  And those parts take care of the extra requirements to the point that you really don't need to think about them again for the duration of the mission.

So at the bottom line, at least for fairly simple one-and-done missions, all adding "realism features" to the game does is:

1. Add a little mass and a few extra parts to the rocket
  2. Because of the extra mass, now you need slightly more fuel for the same job as without the extra parts
  3. Create a "gotcha" trap for players who forget to add the extra parts they now need.

The first 2 basically just make rockets more expensive and laggy, but have no effect on how the player flies them.  And #3 is just a bad thing from a game design standpoint..  So why do this?

Where life support actually has an impact on gameplay is if the player wants to make a permanent colony.  Then he must either send out periodic food tankers or make the colony able to either recycle or grow more food.  The self-sufficiency options are attractive to avoid the tedium of repeated tanker runs (and the chance of forgetting to do them).  However, at present, as far as I can tell, the self-sufficiency features of all the life support mods are nightmares.  There are just too many variables and too little documentation, so you can't really design a self-sufficient system with any confidence that it will actually work, won't be able to figure out what you need to tweak to make it work, or even be able to tell if the system actually works or is bugged.  Basically, trying for self-sufficiency ends up with you constantly micromanaging the colony instead of doing anything else.  And the impossibility of sending out help quickly to anything beyond Kerbin's SOI greatly increases the risk of all the uncertainties in the system.  So at the bottom line, it's usually better to just send out tons of food to start with and otherwise go with tankers.  At least you can put hard numbers on that and make plans accordingly.

Thus, at the bottom line, it seems just a lot better to simply role-play life support.  Which is what I'm probably going to be doing from now on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.