PewDiePie

LordFerret

Yeah, it's become obvious that he's topped youtube. The only channel with more subscribers is YouTube itself, which autosubscribes users. He's working on 10 billion total views I believe, which means Every person in the world could have seen one of his videos plus some.

I never liked mainstream youtubers. Only Paulsoaresjr. Usually smaller channels I watch feel different or I lose interest but stop to comment sometimes.

I watched his Black Mesa series. Still waiting to see if I can play it...

I don't like Pewdiepie, mainly because it's very immature. But Markiplier's following that path somewhat as well.

I don't see why people like him so much. I guess originally he was somewhat good, but now it has reduced to screaming random stuff in front of a camera. So many small you tubers that are so much better and deserve so much more...

I don't see why people like him so much.

For the same reason people like Hollywood films. Bring your wallet, but leave your brain at home. Cater to the lowest common denominator and the world will beat a path to your door.

Good for him but I honestly have no idea how his content is funny/entertaining.

Scott Manley for the win ;)

Agreed. I feel so bad for the loss of his father, though.

I watch Vanoss... makes me laugh.

I like Mangaminx and H2O Delirious. Mangaminx has more of a tendency for cunning and dark humor and Delirious has a tendency for just plain slapstick. I'll watch either/or depending on which type of humor I'm in the mood for.

I'm into Rhett and Link and their Good Mythical Morning Show

I like it too, but I'm not subscribed. Once in a while I'll watch 20 or 30 of them then I'll leave it for a few weeks to a few months.

Nerd³'s videos are slowly losing quality too. At least that's what it looks like to me.

I agree, I used to watch them a couple years ago and he's lost a lot of quality in the duration.

I like Mangaminx and H2O Delirious. Mangaminx has more of a tendency for cunning and dark humor and Delirious has a tendency for just plain slapstick. I'll watch either/or depending on which type of humor I'm in the mood for.

I find H2O Delirious funny when he's with the rest of the crew; Alone, no so, kind of silly if not overly abusive. I've noticed that his videos are getting less views... he's making them too long, he should keep it to 10-15 minutes (unless he's doing a 'Best Of', then 30 minutes is sufficient).

I find H2O Delirious funny when he's with the rest of the crew; Alone, no so, kind of silly if not overly abusive. I've noticed that his videos are getting less views... he's making them too long, he should keep it to 10-15 minutes (unless he's doing a 'Best Of', then 30 minutes is sufficient).

I find this odd, that people would want shorter videos. To me, if I enjoy someone's videos, and I have the option between more content and less, I'd rather have more. Not that there is always a choice. Some of the people I watch keep videos in the 10-20 range because that is the content they can feasibly create without boring their viewers, while others are just cutting up continuous gameplay, so videos in the 40-50 minute range are just as easy (this is the length I tend to like). Or perhaps I am in a different market, because I mostly watch gameplay/LP's. It's also probably the way I watch. Even after years of watching stuff on youtube, I still think sitting at my computer to watch videos is silly. I sit on my couch and watch videos on my TV, like any show. Maybe that makes a difference.

Frankly though, I have the same problem with 'real' TV shows. Without commercial breaks, half hour shows are only 22 minutes, which is too short. I prefer hour long shows (42-44 minutes usually).

Edited by Randox

I find this odd, that people would want shorter videos. To me, if I enjoy someone's videos, and I have the option between more content and less, I'd rather have more. Not that there is always a choice. Some of the people I watch keep videos in the 10-20 range because that is the content they can feasibly create without boring their viewers, while others are just cutting up continuous gameplay, so videos in the 40-50 minute range are just as easy (this is the length I tend to like). Or perhaps I am in a different market, because I mostly watch gameplay/LP's. It's also probably the way I watch. Even after years of watching stuff on youtube, I still think sitting at my computer to watch videos is silly. I sit on my couch and watch videos on my TV, like any show. Maybe that makes a difference.

Frankly though, I have the same problem with 'real' TV shows. Without commercial breaks, half hour shows are only 22 minutes, which is too short. I prefer hour long shows (42-44 minutes usually).

I'll suppose a lot of this has to do with personal preference, and the kind of video you're watching, but you're right about 'that'. I don't know if you've ever noticed, but days of the long take are rare and few, just observe most movies and especially commercials ... there's a scene change about every 10 seconds or less. There is purpose to this. I'm sure we've a legitimate filmmaker or two in here who can and might expound on that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.