Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

Thank you I really love your cloud :)

but it could potentially fix Eve too ? :D

fbqxaqM.png

Kerbal works pretty fine, same as for Duna, except for the "black hole" but Eve is turned on like a bulb :o

Edited by MaximilianPs

29 minutes ago, MaximilianPs said:

Thank you I really love your cloud :)

but it could potentially fix Eve too ? :D

fbqxaqM.png

Kerbal works pretty fine, same as for Duna, except for the "black hole" but Eve is turned on like a bulb :o

I know about it. It's because of Scatterer. That's what the custom scatterer configs have tried to help but I can only do so much right now.

I had been dreading updating to 1.1.3 from 1.0.5 but decided I could always go back. My problem wasn't the possibility of bugs in KSP (I am not noticing any major problems) as much as it was with losing old EVE and Astronomer's Edge of Oblivion. I was also concerned about frame rate dropping with the new Scatterer - I had previously tried it in 1.0.5 but had to return to an older version because my laptop with integrated graphics was choking on it.

That said, I am now running the latest SVE/Scatterer/Planetshine/DOE mods along with OPM and Xen's planet pack. The frame rate drop is less than with my old set up. With no mods it takes me say 4 minutes to get to space. All modded out it takes maybe 6 minutes but once above the clouds I notice no drop in speed. The view is beautiful. I would think anyone who added beautification mods wants to enjoy the view, so what's a couple extra minutes? Certainly no complaint from me. Just wanted to say good job!

I would use just the clouds, so could you tell me which files are useless/used for different things ? 
thank you :)

BTW, I think clouds are amazing, you should create a mod just form 'em.

Edited by MaximilianPs

7 hours ago, MaximilianPs said:

I would use just the clouds, so could you tell me which files are useless/used for different things ? 
thank you :)

BTW, I think clouds are amazing, you should create a mod just form 'em.

Uhhh, what? This mod is just clouds...

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I have some bittersweet news for everyone today. I will be ceasing development of SVE (the bitter part) because of how crazy and hectic my life has become recently. I just don't have the time or energy to give SVE the love that it should receive and in turn this community. I love this mod to death and I am saddened that I have to let it go but do not fret! @Berlin (a developer of the amazing SSRSS alongside @sDaZe) has agreed to take up the torch (the sweet part) and continue developing this mod. I know from all the work he has done on SSRSS and the features he added to the bundled SVE there that he is perfect man for the job and will take this mod to new heights and give it the attention it deserves. I'll be updating this post as well as the OP post with links to the new thread once Berlin makes it and once it's done, lock this thread. I will be sticking around the forums and the development of RealPlume Stock will not be affected by this as it doesn't require nearly as much attention as SVE does, this community and this game is too great to leave forever! If you have questions or concerns please feel free to send me a PM and I'll get back to you on it! Thank you all for the amazing support and joy you've shown over this mod, it means the world to me to see everyone enjoy it and I will continue to do so as Berlin continues development on it, thanks everyone!!

- A humble Blue Text Worshipper

On 2/7/2016 at 4:20 PM, Nhawks17 said:

Uhhh, what? This mod is just clouds...

The one that adds the clouds with particles effect in atmosphere, and which are visible from space.... 

Edited by MaximilianPs

3 hours ago, MaximilianPs said:

The one that adds the clouds with particles effect in atmosphere, and which are visible from space.... 

I don't think you understand, or,  maybe,  I don't understand you, but  this mod needs EVERYTHING that is included in the download.  No useless files. 

This mod provides only clouds.  So if you want JUST clouds then this is the mod for you!

Edited by Berlin

10 hours ago, Berlin said:

I don't think you understand, or,  maybe,  I don't understand you, but  this mod needs EVERYTHING that is included in the download.  No useless files. 

This mod provides only clouds.  So if you want JUST clouds then this is the mod for you!

and City LIght...  which I didn't want.

Edited by MaximilianPs

*Gasp!* Sad to see you go... but thanks so much for your great work on this mod! Honestly, I practically started crying when I first saw how amazing Kerbin looked with it. I dont think I could ever play KSP without it. Guys like you who make great mods like this are where its at! 

Cheers, and all the best to you!