[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Rendezvous is available in the SVN source. It\'s just commented out. For anyone who is really adamant about it, you can recompile the code yourself with it back in.

Rendezvous is available in the SVN source. It\'s just commented out. For anyone who is really adamant about it, you can recompile the code yourself with it back in.

I was saving that as a last resort.

Is this compatible with the Mac version of KSP?

I\'m currently on a business trip, away from my home PC and using my Mac laptop work gave me. Trying to use this on the OSX version of KSP but for some reason it stops loading when it reaches the mumech_mechanicaljeb files.

hey, after the mechjeb update my menu is almost invisible!

the mechjeb-bar on right screen comes up, but i see no button there, also when i click on it, the bar dissapears leaving nothing but the scroll-out-button.

the windows which i suggest should be open, are only represented by smal transparent squares. but the worst, if i klick end flight, the context-menu also stays invissible, while ksp mechjeb.dllfreezes, so i need to kill the game. i deleted or renamed mechjeb.cfg several times, but no effect.

only idea i had, it might be a conflict with the orbital construction update from 9.1 to 9.3, could this be possible?

[Edit]

Problem fixed! mumechlib.dll was overwritten by a corrupt file from orbital construction...

It seems that it has a hard time keeping up with solids. Also automatic staging events seem to look like they have less force than if you were to do it manually.

Will there be a way to disable the autowarp feature so that it does not do it unless you want it to?

Still this is a great addition to the game, well done guys!

Where is the source? What is used to compile it with? What language is it? I haven\'t looked up anything about creating adons yet, but I really miss the renezvous info.

Hmm, any chance of a plane change maneuver in the orbital operations module? Plane changes and rendezvous are my only weak points and they are sadly absent.

Try and do your plane changes by using the orbit of Mun as a reference. Look at the Mun\'s orbit straight on and compare it to yours. That should make plane changes a lot easier until it\'s included in an auto pilot. Remember that Nrml+ points your spacecraft north and firing north makes your orbit going that direction change to north.

The orbital velocity around Kerbin is slow enough that you don\'t really need to be perfectly accurate to the nodes in order to get an accurate plane change.

Plane changing to Minmus\' orbit (or any spacecraft orbit for that matter) is easy too. Zoom out in the orbital view until you can see the orbit of Minmus. Rotate the view until the nodes line up with Kerbin.... In other words, looking straight on you should see Minmus\' orbit as a straight line that\'s at about a 5 degree angle to the equator of Kerbin. Kerbin should be dead center in your monitor. You now know where the ascending and descending nodes are and can use that to adjust your plane.

Nrml+ only points your spacecraft north if your orbit around an object is counterclockwise when viewed from above north pole the Mun, and your orbit is near-equatorial.

Most of my orbital insertions around the Mun and nearly all of my mechjeb-assisted orbital insertions to Minmus result in orbits that are going in clockwise directions when seen from above the north pole about those moons; in that case, Nmrl+ points in a southernly direction.

If you were to take your right hand, and curl the fingers in the direction you\'re travelling in your orbit, and stick your thumb out, your thumb points in the general direction of Nrml+

Nrml+ only points your spacecraft north if your orbit around an object is counterclockwise when viewed from above north pole the Mun, and your orbit is near-equatorial.

Most of my orbital insertions around the Mun and nearly all of my mechjeb-assisted orbital insertions to Minmus result in orbits that are going in clockwise directions when seen from above the north pole about those moons; in that case, Nmrl+ points in a southernly direction.

If you were to take your right hand, and curl the fingers in the direction you\'re travelling in your orbit, and stick your thumb out, your thumb points in the general direction of Nrml+

Yes, that is the right hand rule in action. :D

I think I overly edited my post. I could have swarm I mentioned something about orbital direction. :-[

Welcome to the forums.

I have noticed mechjeb does several odd things while trying to do transfers. Sometimes it warps for you, sometimes it doesn\'t, and sometimes it warps to a half way point for a correction burn. I don\'t know what causes it to do what though. I always try to override whatever it does after MECO.

I\'ve not had any issues with Mun transfers, usually it\'ll drop you out of warp for the mun transfer, which is the mun coming over the horizon. From there, it\'ll orient you and perform a burn. If the ship can\'t orient itself correctly, it will just sit there and prevent warping/throttle control and will go back into warp after the window is missed.

Could you upload a version with the rendezvous module reactivated so we can choose which to install? For the some of us who don\'t have access to subversion or the other tools to compile and build an svn trunk.

Don\'t know why you chose to remove one of the best features of the mod, rendezvous was the last thing I was attempting to master in Kerbal :(

Great plugin though :)

Can you plz try to make a hover mode for mechjeb for vtols and helis? also it would be very nice to have it work while your piloting a different craft I.E. kerbal eva's. :)

Edited by nubeees