[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Its awesome plugin but i have some problems with it, I made space debris clearing vessel with laser and when I blast debris rendezvois module targeted on, mechjeb windows dissapear and I can't control it anymore, its a bug?

I've noticed this issue too, it seems to have been introduced by improvements made in ver 1.9. For now, the workaround (at least this works for me) is to return to the Tracking center and reacquire your laser ship.

I'm pretty sure something like this is going to be implemented in the next release by C7 with the internal views. But I agree an interactive panel like this would be glorious.

I was going to report it in the KSP bugs, but as it only happens with mechjeb enabled, I will post here first. If it isn't a problem in mechjeb's code, I may post in the general bug reports.

The game turns into a slide show whenever I activate mechjeb's SASS on a relaunch in this craft. The debug console is then flooded with the message: "icons sorted: xxx elements in x groups" (example). If I turn SASS off, things return to normal. If it is the first launch since the last restart (the throttle starts at the middle position), things also works normally (no sorting loop).

Steps to reproduce:

- Load the provided Maxmus Min2 craft, and flight with it one time.

- End that flight and click on restart flight.

- Activate SASS (for example, kill rotation).

- Now it will be a slideshow.

Note: I'm using the setting 0 max persistent debris right now (this craft generates lots of debris...)

BTW, why the thrust on launch is set to the middle of the scale, and in relaunches it is set to zero?

I see to always have a over correcting issue with mech jeb, when i use it to orbit, or transfer, anything to do with RCS and manuvering it does not count in the factor that in space it drifts, so it just has RCS on full blast until it hits the mark and then it goes flying past and has to correct back, it ends up over correcting and doing it back again, by the time it finally gets into position its already falling back into the planet and is hopeless. so i'm hoping in the next update of this mod something will have been done about this, or is it a problem with my settings? any help will be great thanks!

I've noticed one very minor thing wrong with this: Instruments titled "X speed" with negative values. Speed can never be negative, that's like having a negative distance. Change it to "Velocity".

Also the auto pilot loves abusing RCS, on many of mine it will constantly fire all thrusters in all directs and do nothing but burn fuel.

Also the auto pilot loves abusing RCS, on many of mine it will constantly fire all thrusters in all directs and do nothing but burn fuel.

I think the base game ASAS does the same sometimes, mostly on larger, more wobbly crafts

It's not broken. MechJeb's role is to constantly correct your ship orientation during flight. RCS's role is to assist in orientation correction. If you let your RCS on, MechJeb will use them, that's what they're for.

I was going to report it in the KSP bugs, but as it only happens with mechjeb enabled, I will post here first. If it isn't a problem in mechjeb's code, I may post in the general bug reports.

The game turns into a slide show whenever I activate mechjeb's SASS on a relaunch in this craft. The debug console is then flooded with the message: "icons sorted: xxx elements in x groups" (example). If I turn SASS off, things return to normal. If it is the first launch since the last restart (the throttle starts at the middle position), things also works normally (no sorting loop).

Steps to reproduce:

Note: I'm using the setting 0 max persistent debris right now (this craft generates lots of debris...)

BTW, why the thrust on launch is set to the middle of the scale, and in relaunches it is set to zero?

i can confirm this behavior exactly...

Steps to reproduce:

Found it. That message (and the slowdown) are caused by the ASAS parts (you have 12 ASAS modules in the craft :confused:) getting turned on and off repeatedly by MechJeb. This should improve a bit as I'm changing how MechJeb works with SAS, but you really shouldn't use ASAS with MechJeb.

Also, you can reproduce this problem without MechJeb by restarting the flight and pounding in the T key.

25Wbm.png

???

In any case, do you really have <i>12 ASAS</i> modules? You only need one without MechJeb, and none with it.

Thanks r4m0n! Removing the ASAS modules indeed fixed the problem. Sorry for the trouble.

In any case, do you really have <i>12 ASAS</i> modules? You only need one without MechJeb, and none with it.

I thought it would increase the maximum SAS torque, but it seems that only the regular SAS module has this attribute...

Installed KSP 0.16 and now tried to add mechjeb 1.9.1

the dll is in the plugin folder, the parts are in the parts folder.

When I start the game only a few parts like some tank or something are usable - the main parts like the capsules are grey and say they're not compatible with this version of KSP.

Installing other 0.16 compatible mods works problem free.

Tried moving around my KSP folder to the desktop and my user folder in case it's some windows role problem.

Please help.

Installed KSP 0.16 and now tried to add mechjeb 1.9.1

the dll is in the plugin folder, the parts are in the parts folder.

When I start the game only a few parts like some tank or something are usable - the main parts like the capsules are grey and say they're not compatible with this version of KSP.

Installing other 0.16 compatible mods works problem free.

Tried moving around my KSP folder to the desktop and my user folder in case it's some windows role problem.

Please help.

You're sure you have KSP 0.16 (the paid version) and not the free demo version?

The important parts are in the Command & Control section, like the radial pod, the AR202 case, and the 1m and .5m MechJeb units. You can't select those?

You're sure you have KSP 0.16 (the paid version) and not the free demo version?

The important parts are in the Command & Control section, like the radial pod, the AR202 case, and the 1m and .5m MechJeb units. You can't select those?

yes I'm fairly sure I have KSP 0.16 - I've downloaded it from the KSP store only a couple of days ago and when I unzip the game the foldername indicates 0.16 version as well.

No I can't select the pods - instead I see them in some other cathegory where they shouldn't be if it installs correctly - there their picture is dark-grey and says the version isn't compatible.

I've read a good part of this thread and some people seemed to have similar problems but I didn't find a solution yet.

Will MechJeb 1.9.1 be compatable with 0.17? It's really the only way I'll get to see the new planets. MechJeb makes KSP the game I've always wanted to play. Basically when I can train kerbals to fly for me and gain experience there is no need for me to buy any other game. I will be complete :)

That should only happen if you didn't install MuMechLib.dll in the right place. Double check that you put it in "Plugins".

I've double checked again. The MuMechLib.dll is in the Plugins folder. I really don't know what else to do.

I have a suggestion. It would be nice if you added a function to ditch a specific stage before circularizing in the Ascent autopilot. This is to prevent random debris from floating around in space forever :)

I have a suggestion. It would be nice if you added a function to ditch a specific stage before circularizing in the Ascent autopilot. This is to prevent random debris from floating around in space forever :)

A great many rocketeers find it part of the challenge to build their craft so as not to leave debris floating all over space.