Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

A while ago I was proud of myself for pulling off the trick of driving over an arch. Turns out it's not such a feat. In fact, the cart mod is so sticky you can drive over an arch by driving under an arch.

GDqpj.png

08ePN.png

1bRWW.png

1DAlW.png

The hardest part was finding a place where the slope was gentle enough to drive off without getting stuck, so I had to go around, laterally.

im9Ey.jpg

5FXDb.jpg

Here's two shots of the "Big Dumb" Mk I, maiden successful flight of a project to see if a plane with 6 of the giant gas tanks can be made to fly. It did! Needed SRBs to assist takeoff and it took 45 minutes to get to cruise altitude, but by gosh it almost circumnavigated. The Mk II is in progress.

Ok well I can't really do large missions due to the power of my old computer. Nonetheless, here are my current successful designs.

Some I did post on my intro topic but I figure they're better here too.

screenshot8sq.png

First: My standard launcher, the basis for most of my missions. I can modify it with RCS modules, satellite payloads, or modify the side tanks as landers and beacons to drop on surfaces.

screenshot9s.png

This model carries a "satellite" since I'm using straight up vanilla right now, it's very crude.

screenshot7oo.png

My lander at the arch on Mun. My Kerbal isn't present because... he investigated The Arch! Apparently yes there's an invisible death wall. My theory which the unmanned station is now monitoring, is that this Arch will later on be some kind of wormhole teleporter. It's big enough to fit a large craft through it and instantly kills anything that touches it currently even at low speeds. No mission is currently planned to rescue him from wherever he went. The pod left on the surface will remain as an escape pod for crashed missions.

screenshot11jx.png

My most complex mission so far! The mission goes all the way to minimus, lands on the far side... then it lifts off, inverts and hovers to gently set down the space telescope, reverses upwards, then lands normally again (so the crewman can finish the setup)

screenshot12tc.png

Ready for Minimus orbital burn

screenshot13w.png

Over the landing site selected.

screenshot14v.png

screenshot15n.png

screenshot16r.png

screenshot17af.png

When it lands (double parachutes) it has a half tank remaining, this is my safety fuel basically. That much leeway really helps keep me from running out or running into a big mission-ending problem. My standard lander often has enough fuel to get to Minimus, Mun, and then back with much to spare. Payload missions generally have enough to land and leave too. Hopefully my current design won't need too much modification to reach the planets when they come along.