Recommend me some visual mods (also need help installing a mod)

DCWarHound

Hey,

Can everyone recommend me some good visual mods?

So far i have downloaded the astronomer V2 mod but i am not sure if it will work with KSP because it is for a much older version (I am guessing it is still somewhat compatible but there is another process to install it?)

Thanks

DC

PS, how hard would it be to make my own visual mod?. There is a thread on blenderartist.org of someone making earth in the cycles render engine and it looks fantastic so far, how hard would it be to make something that looks the same in KSP?

Here is the thread:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?342213-Earth-in-cycles-with-volumetric-atmosphere

In addition to the above:

Ven's Stock Revamp prettifies the stock parts.

Real Plume adds realistic exhaust plumes, gorgeous.

Engine Light makes rocket exhausts act as a light source.

SVE is my preferred clouds/Kerbin textures mod at the moment, and will have a smaller memory footprint than AVP.

Scatterer adds atmospheric scattering effects.

TextureReplacer lets you change kerbal suits, faces, etc, in addition to other effects.

Also, moved this over to General Add-on Affairs.

@Snark already have planetshine that came with the astronomer V2 pack and it does indeed look awesome.

@Thomassino, thanks i will take a look.

@Red Iron Crown thanks, downloading them now.Also can you delete the other thread i made in the tutorial section? (the one i made before this one), thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.