Apollo Mission Recreation (And More!) [Requesting Ground Crew Aid!]

ZooNamedGames

[quote name='Dman979']YES! There are still spots open. We are looking for a CMP, PAO, or backups for other positions. We intend to run this in shifts, so your timezone would be a help too.[/QUOTE]
I've been made PAO.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Dman979']get anything?[/QUOTE]
Yes i did. Edited by Guest

Nice! I now have a confirmation that I will be available from at LEAST 9:00pm EST (8:00am GMT+8 - my time) to a maximum of 11pm EST (10:00am my time) on weekends; I may be able to stretch it to 8:30pm EST (7:30am my time) to 12pm EST (11:00am my time), but I can't confirm if I'll be able to commit for that long. Therefore, if the launch is during that time period, you can confirm me as RSO for the mission. One question though - can people not on duty (ex. Booster, RSO, etc.) join the MC radio channel and just listen in?

-FCI

[quote name='FCISuperGuy']Nice! I now have a confirmation that I will be available from at LEAST 9:00pm EST (8:00am GMT+8 - my time) to a maximum of 11pm EST (10:00am my time) on weekends; I may be able to stretch it to 8:30pm EST (7:30am my time) to 12pm EST (11:00am my time), but I can't confirm if I'll be able to commit for that long. Therefore, if the launch is during that time period, you can confirm me as RSO for the mission. One question though - can people not on duty (ex. Booster, RSO, etc.) join the MC radio channel and just listen in?

-FCI[/QUOTE]

welcome aboard the rocket that hasn't been built yet, I'll be your captain today and our flight should take 3 days and the weather on the moon is dusty with chance of meteor impacts
please fasten your seat belts an have a wonderf-*blows up*

also what does cdr mean again? Edited by SparkyFox

[quote name='FCISuperGuy']Nice! I now have a confirmation that I will be available from at LEAST 9:00pm EST (8:00am GMT+8 - my time) to a maximum of 11pm EST (10:00am my time) on weekends; I may be able to stretch it to 8:30pm EST (7:30am my time) to 12pm EST (11:00am my time), but I can't confirm if I'll be able to commit for that long. Therefore, if the launch is during that time period, you can confirm me as RSO for the mission. One question though - can people not on duty (ex. Booster, RSO, etc.) join the MC radio channel and just listen in?

-FCI[/QUOTE]

Still deciding the launch time of the SG-1 mission so it's possible you could be there, and sure. You can listen, but no mic. I want to limit all coms traffic if at all possible.

[quote name='Dman979']Uh Oh... It means that you're the commander.[/QUOTE]

He's good, a bit derpy at times, but he has the [I]ability[/I] to lead this mission. I've tested his brains for over a year now and he id definitely smart, and smart enough for the role. I wouldn't allow him to be in such a high role if it weren't for A) the low applicants for this role and B) my absolute trust in his ability.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='kmMango']What is the launch date?[/QUOTE]

Still to be decided since other members decided that Monday wasn't a good day. Join the Steam Group chat if you want a word in.

[quote name='SparkyFox']Im the CDR of this mission[/QUOTE]

We have a signature image for that. Once you give me your Kerbal name, it will be added to the mission patch!
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/E3DtuDf.png?1[/IMG]

[quote name='CliftonM']Could you make the Public Affairs one a bit easier to read? I'm thinking about having the text just a bit darker.

Actually, maybe not.

Yeah, forget it.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I don't just forget it... I aim to please. I've updated the previous page's version of this image so future Public Affairs people can use it: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FsCKFjj.png?1[/IMG] Edited by adsii1970

[quote name='adsii1970']We have a signature image for that. Once you give me your Kerbal name, it will be added to the mission patch!
[url]http://i.imgur.com/E3DtuDf.png?1[/url]

Nope, I don't just forget it... I aim to please. I've updated the previous page's version of this image so future Public Affairs people can use it: [url]http://i.imgur.com/FsCKFjj.png?1[/url][/QUOTE]

I want to compile all these sigs into a pile so it's a) easier to find, and b) so I can show how awesome they are on the OP.

Thanks to the hard work of ZooNamedGames, you've seen a few random samplings for the artwork done for this special project. What I would like to do is to share the mission graphics, some of which you have seen and others that were rejected by me once they were drafted, and a reason why that version was made different than the previous one. I realize that for some of you, it's all about the vehicle that's being launched, but for me, it is about making the magic happen through graphics.

zD2htXJ.png?1

THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE APOLLO MISSION RECREATION PROGRAM GRAPHIC

Spoiler

A pictorial history of the development of the Apollo Mission Recreation Program graphic

7OnRDew.png?1 ... Version 1: This was the initial concept graphics. Not realizing this was being done under various realism mods, I simply assumed that the Kerbal (Kermen) theme would be used. The planet Kerbin and the two moons, Mun and Minimus, were situated within the patch, with a red rocket trail looping around Kerbin and the Mun. This design was only the starting point...

ewoASrN.png?1

ngrzTft.png?1

Versions 2 and 3: These were the second and third versions of the mission graphics. The major changes from Version 1 was the replacing of the Kerbin system (Kerbin, Mun, and Minimus) with Earth and the Moon. Three stars were added, using primary colors, to represent the three crew members; I misunderstood the instructions and didn't read that there were supposed to have been two groups of stars... There are subtle differences in the two designs. In the second version, the stars are not lined, but one solid color; the third version has stars that are lined with the same dark grey as found in the lunar craters of the Moon image.

MSD6mP8.png?1   Version 4: (NOT PREVIOUSLY RELEASED): After receiving additional feedback, a second set of three stars were added under the red swoosh and moon. The red swoosh was altered to contain a beveled appearance (which is visible in the larger image on the OP of this thread), and the three stars underside of the red swoosh were given the colors of white, green, and grey. The stars were also beveled as a means to keep the embroidered appearance of the five-pointed stars that commonly adorn the NASA patches.
QqmBfqn.png?1  

Version 5: The only significant change from Version 4 is all stars were changed to white. The beveled appearance was retained.

SAc6dAP.png?1  

Version 6: After further feedback from ZooNamedGames, seven additional stars were added to the lower portion of the graphic to represent a total of ten (10) mission control members. For All Kermankind - after much debate was changed to For All Kerbalkind.

RUhzXus.png?1  

Version 7: Stars divided between upper and lower graphic. Six stars over and seven stars under the red swoosh.

zD2htXJ.png?1   Version 8: The final program graphic. Realigned the stars into two groups. Upper group restored to three stars. The lower group restored to ten and spread out over the bottom 1/3 of the graphic. This version is the OFFICIAL (as much as it can be official) Apollo Mission Recreation Program.

SIGNATURE IMAGES FOR THE APOLLO MISSIONS RECREATION PROJECT

These were designed for giggles and grins because someone asked about banners for signatures. In a previous post exchange, we decided that signature images for the ground crew would be in blue, flight crew would be in red, and public affairs would be green. To save space on this thread, I have each of the signature collections placed in spoilers.
Ground Crew Signature Images

Spoiler

Ground Crew Signature Images

03Uxcz6.png?1 OHX2n5O.png?1 ScH4IiW.png?1
Generic graphic for members
of the mission control team
Flight Director Booster Systems Engineer
BnF7cPh.png?1 u8sMb0h.png?1 i3eLsWj.png?1
Capsule Communicator (CapCom) Electrical, Environmental and
Consumables Manager (EECOM)
Flight Activities Officer
36S99V5.png?1 vSYoHD8.png?1 pwlZg94.png?1
Flight Dynamics Officer (FIDO) Integrated Communications
Officer (INCO)
Retrofire Officer (Retro)
dGjTDvK.png?1 avCouBP.png?1  
Range Safety Officer (RSO) Flight Surgeon  

Flight Crew and Backup Flight Crew Signature Images

Spoiler

Flight Crew and Backup Flight Crew Signature Images

For those appointed as members of the flight crew (scroll to missions graphics for mission specific images)

V1N2Srk.png?1 IMAGE COMING SOON  
Flight Crew (generic) Backup Flight Crew  

Public Affairs Group Signature Images

Spoiler

Public Affairs Group Signature Images
For those who are a part of the public affairs group.

FsCKFjj.png?1

In recognition of those who have contributed mods for this project

Spoiler

In recognition of those who have contributed mods for this project

D4CfE70.png?1
In grateful recognition of those who have contributed their time and efforts designing mods for this project. Nothing says "thank you" like a chunk of wood to hang on your wall!

Generic Kerbalnaut wings and qualification insignia

The images in this collection were not created specifically for the Apollo Missions Recreation program. I originally designed these about a year ago and was going to use them in a fan-fic story about a brave Kerbalnaut, Ralph Kyrman. Unfortunately, the blog feature was removed from the new forum setup and this story line goes unresolved. Who knows, maybe in the future, I will actually create a blog site dedicated to Ralph's exploits in space! Anyhow, these images make great signature conversation pieces...

Spoiler

Generic Kerbalnaut wings and qualification insignia

In the tradition of military insignia used by both the United States and Great Britain, I designed these images with a simple formula that gold is always the inferior position when used to indicate rank. Within the American military, for example, this is obvious in the first two officer ranks:

U.S. Army/Air Force/Marines U.S. Navy/Coast Guard

O-1_Large.png

Second Lieutenant Ensign

th?id=OIP.M64a7b5ba125a9145bc72d8cb7efc1

First Lieutenant Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Since there is no "ranking" system in KSP, I decided to use qualification badges to indicate a degree of experience. By no means am I going to require you to use these in any particular manner, but I do ask that if you use these, do not redistribute them if you choose to alter their appearance. If you do decide to share, please always point back to this post as your source of the images.

Generic Kerbalnaut qualification images
3RBbZfP.png?1 Kerbalnaut Qualification Wings: Awarded once basic Kerbalnaut training has been completed as determined by the flight director (non-specific flight crew assignment.)
gEfjKuZ.png?1 Senior Kerbalnaut Wings: Awarded for participation in three missions as a member of the flight crew (non-specific flight crew assignment and supersedes Kerbalnaut Qualification Wings)
CbfXrbt.png?1 Master Kerbalnaut Wings: Awarded for participation in five missions as a member of the flight crew (non-specific flight crew assignment and supersedes Kerbalnaut Qualification Wings and Senior Kerbalnaut Wings).

Generic qualification badges for Apollo-like missions
3NHVTCO.png?1 6BBSfzj.png?1 0rOygTB.png?1

Mission Commander Wings (1st Award): Awarded for completing one mission as the mission commander

Mission Commander Wings (2nd Award): Awarded for completing three missions as the mission commander for each mission (Supersedes 1st award). Mission Commander Wings (3rd Award): Awarded for completing five missions as the mission commander for each mission (Supersedes 1st and 2nd awards).
SBc9XdJ.png?1 b4JnQe6.png?1 Ui5DZx2.png?1
Command Module Pilot's Wings (1st Award): Awarded for completing one mission as the command module pilot. Command Module Pilot's Wings (2nd Award): Awarded for completing three missions as the command module pilot for each mission (Supersedes 1st award). Command Module Pilot's Wings (3rd Award): Awarded for completing five missions as the command module pilot for each mission (Supersedes 1st and 2nd awards).
ZaMvdwt.png?1 WM0yZJe.png?1 IBs11FC.png?1
Lunar Module Pilot's Wings (1st Award): Awarded for completing one mission as the lunar module pilot. Lunar Module Pilot's Wings (2nd Award): Awarded for completing three missions as the lunar module pilot for each mission (Supersedes 1st award) Lunar Module Pilot's Wings (3rd Award): Awarded for completing five missions as the Lunar module pilot for each mission (Supersedes 1st and 2nd awards)

Since NASA rarely allowed a single astronaut to command or pilot more than a handful of missions without promoting them or changing their assignment, I didn't see the need of expounding the qualification badges any further than they already are. In the future, and if it is needed, I can develop additional qualification badges to indicate a Kerbalnaut's qualification should they have served in all three roles. Until then, these are what's available.

Comments about the Apollo-like qualification badges:

Mission Commander: (yes, those are actually compound images to create Kerbalnaut wings. Commander position on wings denoted by "silver" laurel leaves.

Lunar Module Pilot: (yes, those are actually compound images to create Kerbalnaut wings. LM Pilot position on wings denoted by "gold" laurel leaves and silver LM silhouette replacing the command module.

Command Module Pilot: (yes, those are actually compound images to create Kerbalnaut wings. CM Pilot position on wings denoted by "gold" laurel leaves surrounding a silver CM silhouette.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Apollo Mission Recreation Project - mission specific images

HBc5L0J.png?1

Apollo I Mission Graphics (Mission Specific)

Spoiler

Apollo I Mission Graphics (Mission Specific)

Since I was pressed for time for this particular mission and was trying to keep up with the NASA traditions of having a missions patch/graphic before the launch, the program patch was formed from the basic design with a Roman numeral for 1 - "I" added to the upper left quadrant; the number is actually yellow and beveled with red highlights and sets behind the red swoosh and over Earth. This is a working draft of the mission graphic.

HBc5L0J.png?1

Apollo mission and position specific images for the flight crew

E3DtuDf.png?1 oJyRbCb.png?1 r2cGjzh.png?1

Forum signature image:
Mission Commander

Forum signature image:
Lunar Module Pilot
Forum signature image:
Command Module Pilot

Edited by adsii1970
Made the Apollo MIssions Recreations image archive compatible with new forum software

[quote name='adsii1970']We have a signature image for that. Once you give me your Kerbal name, it will be added to the mission patch!
[URL]http://i.imgur.com/E3DtuDf.png?1[/URL]

Nope, I don't just forget it... I aim to please. I've updated the previous page's version of this image so future Public Affairs people can use it: [URL]http://i.imgur.com/FsCKFjj.png?1[/URL][/QUOTE]

YAAAY ME PATCH WO-m-my name....u-uhh uhhh.....24!
im kidding, its Sparky

[quote name='Dman979']Uh Oh... It means that you're the commander.[/QUOTE]

don't worry i'll protect you *reads how to not blow up for dummies book*

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']He's good, a bit derpy at times, but he has the [I]ability[/I] to lead this mission. I've tested his brains for over a year now and he id definitely smart, and smart enough for the role. I wouldn't allow him to be in such a high role if it weren't for A) the low applicants for this role and B) my absolute trust in his ability.[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha awww :) Edited by SparkyFox

[quote name='SparkyFox']YAAAY ME PATCH WO-m-my name....u-uhh uhhh.....24!
im kidding, its Sparky[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've added "Sparky" to the patch. Once I get the names of the other two crewmembers, I will add them.

[B]ZOONAMEDGAMES:[/B] Empty your mailbox. It's too full according to the forum software settings... :blush:

[quote name='adsii1970']Thanks, I've added "Sparky" to the patch. Once I get the names of the other two crewmembers, I will add them.

[B]ZOONAMEDGAMES:[/B] Empty your mailbox. It's too full according to the forum software settings... :blush:[/QUOTE]

YAAAY :) thank you, also If you want I can pass the message onto Zoo if you want? Edited by SparkyFox

[quote name='adsii1970']Thanks, I've added "Sparky" to the patch. Once I get the names of the other two crewmembers, I will add them.

[B]ZOONAMEDGAMES:[/B] Empty your mailbox. It's too full according to the forum software settings... :blush:[/QUOTE]

Inbox cleared.

Ok, I just sent a PM to [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=40772"]KasperVld[/URL], so you should all send him a PM asking him to as well. More the better!!! Ask politely!

Click on his name above as I've set it up to be a link directly to making a PM to him.

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']Inbox cleared.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ok, I just sent a PM to [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=40772"]KasperVld[/URL], so you should all send him a PM asking him to as well. More the better!!! Ask politely!

Click on his name above as I've set it up to be a link directly to making a PM to him.[/QUOTE]

"yo kapser JOIN US JOIN US JOUN USFVNVUI OR I'LL CRY" like that? :P
kidding, I couldn't resist that one

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']Wasn't flight supposed to be red?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is supposed to be red. I think someone retouched the artwork because I NEVER colored that one in blue. So... what should we do? It's not "official" for flight if it is blue...is it?

[quote name='adsii1970']Yes, it is supposed to be red. I think someone retouched the artwork because I NEVER colored that one in blue. So... what should we do? It's not "official" for flight if it is blue...is it?[/QUOTE]

Maybe Sparks retouched it. I'll speak to him.

[quote name='CliftonM']I'm enjoying the missing patches, etc.[/QUOTE]

Give him time to make them!