[1.1] BDynamics Mk22 Cockpits v1.1

BahamutoD

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really liking the cockpit! But I have one small problem, that hopefully might be easy to fix.

I don't see an EAS (Equivalent AirSpeed) indicator anywhere. And airplanes in KSP should be flown with EAS always in mind.

I know RPM is capable of displaying EAS. How difficult would it be to add functionality to the main speed indicator so I can click on it and switch the display from surface to orbital to EAS? Maybe change the HUD speed display at the same time?

An even better solution would be to remove one of the upper MFDs and replace it with basic analog flight instruments from ASET. https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1023/ASET%20Avionics

Edited by White Owl

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2016 at 5:04 AM, White Owl said:

I'm really liking the cockpit! But I have one small problem, that hopefully might be easy to fix.

I don't see an EAS (Equivalent AirSpeed) indicator anywhere. And airplanes in KSP should be flown with EAS always in mind.

I know RPM is capable of displaying EAS. How difficult would it be to add functionality to the main speed indicator so I can click on it and switch the display from surface to orbital to EAS? Maybe change the HUD speed display at the same time?

An even better solution would be to remove one of the upper MFDs and replace it with basic analog flight instruments from ASET. https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1023/ASET%20Avionics

Don't you need FAR for EAS? I'm pretty sure you need FAR installed for RPM to show EAS.

7 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Don't you need FAR for EAS? I'm pretty sure you need FAR installed for RPM to show EAS.

Nope, not at all. Matter of fact, Speedio created exactly what I was thinking of and released it as a separate mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/129625-105-modified-mk22-iva-aset-avionics/

• 5 weeks later...

I couldn't figure out how to get the HUD to turn on, but it was my fault for realizing the absurd amount of detail and functionality built into the cockpit, I flipped the HUD switch and voila, a sight of beauty showed up on my screen, really cool start up! I'm having though some severe issues unfortunately as I can't take off without stalling because my nose flips violently, if I use a stock MK2 cockpit, no issues. Not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

16 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

I can't include ASET stuff, which is why I'm holding back on re-uploading.  Once all the requirements are available, I'll put it up.

When you do put it back up, do I need the source in able to edit the placement of the props? I want to move some things around.

@BahamutoD

Edited by SpaceToad

On 2/24/2016 at 1:30 AM, TheHiddenKitten said:

Can I use 1.04 ASET Props? I have them. Would they work with 1.05 if I used them or have they been broken?

The 1.0.4 ASET props work just fine in 1.0.5. Trust me, I'm currently using them as we speak:

8ug89TH.png?1

Edited by FiiZzioN

6 minutes ago, TheHiddenKitten said:

Would BD approve if you uploaded your copy of this mod to github or something so we could download it while there is no other link?

Why would he do that? It's his mod... there would be no reason as to why he wouldn't have a copy of his own mod, why would he need me to upload it for him if he can do it himself? He's waiting until ASET's props are available again before he re-uploads the mod.

Edited by FiiZzioN

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2016 at 2:43 PM, BahamutoD said:

I can't include ASET stuff, which is why I'm holding back on re-uploading.  Once all the requirements are available, I'll put it up.

Can you please post this back up anyway? The Asset prop and avionics mods have been reposted inside the Asset forum thread. I managed to download both in anticipation of your mod :)

On 3/4/2016 at 11:39 AM, DownHereInChile said:

Is there a way to turn off the voice that says the altitude you just hit when you're in IVA? It gets annoying when doing aerobatics

Front panel. Switch near the bottom left of the HUD. It's got a green base. That's the Altitude Annunciation (TCAS) switch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.