Tables in posts and signatures

NecroBones

Is there a way to do tables in the new forum software? My signature is totally hosed, since the table formatting didn't transfer. I also don't see any way to paste custom HTML into messages or signatures, so I can't put my signature back the way it was.

Something like this?

Apparently, IPS does support tables...  but the editor doesn't.  I reverse engineered from Necrobones sig, but all I did was copy the HTML <table>, hand-edit it, viewed it in the web browser, and copied that into the WYSIWYG editor.  Same thing if you create the sig in any other editor (other forum, github, whatever) that allows you to generate tables.

10 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Something like this?

Apparently, IPS does support tables...  but the editor doesn't.  I reverse engineered from Necrobones sig, but all I did was copy the HTML <table>, hand-edit it, viewed it in the web browser, and copied that into the WYSIWYG editor.  Same thing if you create the sig in any other editor (other forum, github, whatever) that allows you to generate tables.

Thanks for figuring that out. As a workaround I split my sig picture into 5 slices so I could have 5 lines of text next to it.

Edit: I noticed that sig maximum height is 125 pixels.

Edited by Val
Sig height

To speak in the words of Scott Manley: "Brilliant!"
I had to get used to typing old school HTML again but I remembered enough to get my old sig back.

Now all we need it a way to get rid of that darned WYSIWYG.

Edited by Tex_NL

1 hour ago, Tex_NL said:

NecroBones. Looking at your signature you've got it figured out.

Care to share how you did it?

46 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Something like this?

Yep, I got it working by editing a local HTML file to look the way I want, opening it in a browser, and then pasting the pre-formatted text into the editor. It's a bit of a work-around, but it works. You all noticed while I was still messing with it (and then got called away to a meeting)...  :)

Edited by NecroBones

21 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

Same here.

I already passionately HATE the WYSIWYG way of posting. I want to see raw the code again. Only then can you truly see what you're doing.

This! I don't think I will ever get used to the editing now. it is so much worse..

1 minute ago, Majorjim said:

This! I don't think I will ever get used to the editing now. it is so much worse..

I just wish the editor had a toggle, to allow editing the HTML code directly. Other editors out there allow that. I don't care whether we're using BB-Code or HTML, but I just want to be able to hand-edit the formatting when I need to.

1 minute ago, NecroBones said:

I just wish the editor had a toggle, to allow editing the HTML code directly. Other editors out there allow that. I don't care whether we're using BB-Code or HTML, but I just want to be able to hand-edit the formatting when I need to.

Exactly. All I want is the option to choose. vBulletin had that option.

On 11/30/2015, 8:09:11, NecroBones said:

Yep, I got it working by editing a local HTML file to look the way I want, opening it in a browser, and then pasting the pre-formatted text into the editor. It's a bit of a work-around, but it works. You all noticed while I was still messing with it (and then got called away to a meeting)...  :)

I'll add that to my thread if you don't mind.

Guys...BBcode in editor still works in most cases. So far the only things I've seen that don't work with BBcode is tables. Pretty much everything else still works with BBcode. The only difference is once you post it it just turns into WYSIWYG. But for when you're typing, you can still use BBcode to your hearts content.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.