Have tourists on station

Really???  AWESOME!!!  I've wondered if tourists would be part of a contextual contract!

I'm assuming you have to accept a tourist contract, maybe two, to get three tourists required.  Ones wanting to orbit Kerbin should work fine.  Then either send them up with the station, or take them up later and dock with the station to fulfill the station contract.  After it's finished I'm assuming you can bring the tourists back down to fulfill their own contracts.

Are you sure it says 3 tourists and not jut 3 Kerbals? My station contracts usually say 'x' number of Kerbals, and tourism contracts usually send you to a specific, already-existing destination. So it doesn't seem consistent that yours would ask you for 3 tourists. Are you running any mods that affect contracts?

1 hour ago, A_name said:

Are you sure it says 3 tourists and not jut 3 Kerbals? My station contracts usually say 'x' number of Kerbals, and tourism contracts usually send you to a specific, already-existing destination. So it doesn't seem consistent that yours would ask you for 3 tourists. Are you running any mods that affect contracts?

I've certainly seen station contracts that say "have 3 pilots on the station".  Was kinda jazzed about that, since I've been griping for some time that "pilots are useless after unlocking the first SAS-capable probe core" and wanted something for them to do. Well, now they have something. :)

Haven't seen any "have tourists on the station" contracts yet, myself, but can believe it, given that I've seen the requests for pilots.  An interesting addition.

For the OP:  I'd say that what this means is basically that you have to wait until you've accepted a "take tourists to destination" contract so that you have some tourists to work with, then go stash them briefly on the station to satisfy that contract.

30 minutes ago, madscientist712 said:

Yes I'm sure it says have three tourists on the station but i think i have a few contracts for tourists so I might be able to. Thanks for the help!

Happy to help... and welcome to the forums!  :)

• 2 years later...

Hi all.

I have the same problem. Quest is build orbital station for 19 kerbals place it on solar orbit and one more condition "Place 3 kerbals with tourist prof. on the station"

First I make station with 20 seats take additional contract with 5 tourists place 3 of them on station and launch it to solar orbit...

Does not work

Then I make 1 station with 6 seats place on it 5 tourists launch it to solar orbit then build another station with 20 seats and launch it to solar orbit then docked one to another and place 3 tourists from first station to another...

Does not work...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.