Forum missing "First Unread" feature

GeneCash

So the forum is now missing a "go to first unread post in thread" feature that is really important for add-on mods threads.

For example, Sarbian's Mechjeb thread is currently 44 pages with 1094 posts and has a habit of either not updating for a while, or getting a couple pages of posts in a burst.

So the ability to go to the first post I hadn't read was pretty essential in keeping up with the state of the mod and finding out if there was useful updates I needed to download.

Can this feature be enabled or added back in?

first unread is an advanced feature or am i wrong  (btw it's midlle afternoon here right now not am)?

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
my eyes are bleeding so much sometime that i even forgot about utc ; ) xDr plox ! forgive me about that , ''''''''''''''''')

2 hours ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

first unread is an advanced feature or am i wrong

OK, but where would I find these advanced features? I don't see them under any menu or as a setting in my profile...

This used to be a small "go to first unread" link next to the count of posts at the top of the screen after you clicked into the thread.

That one isn´t there anymore, I think. But in the thread list (the subforum, like e.g. Kerbal Network) you can click the little circle or star icon to go to your first unread post.

7 minutes ago, Kerdinand said:

in the thread list (the subforum, like e.g. Kerbal Network) you can click the little circle or star icon to go to your first unread post.

Yeah, that doesn't help though, because the thread I'm interested in might not be in the thread list, like for example the MechJeb thread isn't in at least the first 3 pages of the add-ons.

Hm. I followed the "Waypoint Manager" thread (only looking at the first page) and then I look at "Threads I follow" and it's not showing the unread posts there since none have been made recently, so that doesn't really work out. It just shows a ton of mechjeb thread posts which I've already read.

I looked at "manage followed content" and don't see anywhere to specify "unread"

("unread threads" just shows *all* unread threads)

What am I missing?

Edited by GeneCash

If you look at the thread titles, there's also a little circle or star to the left side of the title. Clicking on that will take you to the first unread post.

(You can confirm you're looking at the right circle/star when you hover your mouse over. It says something like "First unread post."

Edited by Claw

On 12/4/2015, 11:07:45, Red Iron Crown said:

By Jeb, that's very helpful. Now I don't need to go down a row of topic bookmarks and I can look at one thing. Very nice. I probably would never have stumbled across that by myself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.