The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

3 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Sadly that's true......... we all just need to

Stay Determined . . .

Well, I tested it out most of the afternoon.  Did a couple satellite re-directs, then had Piper land on Minmus, pick up a couple tourists, and take them to Emiko.

The only issue I had all afternoon was getting used to everything flying faster than I'm used to. Docking was a little weird... but I didn't hit a bug anywhere all day.

Based on what I've seen so far, I don't see how it could possibly be too far off for the non-steam folk. 

11 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I have a sudden urge to upload the prerelease to dropbox and hand it out personally to people with KSP Store accounts that want it.

What's stopping you?  I say, "Do it!"  But I've got "BAD INFLUENCE" tattooed on my foreheard, So, it's up to you.

In case you're wondering why the game's performance has risen, Squad has switched over to Unity 5.

So, now you can do donuts with the wheels because of the new wheel collider module.:)

And how do you change the rank btw?

Edited by KerbalOmmex

3 hours ago, KerbalOmmex said:

In case you're wondering why the game's performance has risen, Squad has switched over to Unity 5.

So, now you can do donuts with the wheels because of the new wheel collider module.:)

And how do you change the rank btw?

What do you mean, rank?

On 3/30/2016 at 11:14 PM, Just Jim said:

I also found the cutaway view, although its called something else... that's all sorts of cool.

Where is this activated?  I don't see it in right click UI or camera views.

Edit: Found the button that is supposed to turn it on (to left of portraits) but it doesn't seem to work.

Edited by RiverRat2800

By the way, since the new update is relevant to all of us, would someone just give us a heads up when its available from KSP? Some of us (**ahem** me) don't know what we're doing.

2 hours ago, Jeb! said:

I think he means the little words you guys put above your rank as a sort of slogan.

That he can change from his profile page

58 minutes ago, RiverRat2800 said:

Edit: Found the button that is supposed to turn it on (to left of portraits) but it doesn't seem to work.

I ran into it not working only once, but I had parts buried in the research lab, which I know is a no-no.  When I moved them it worked again.

30 minutes ago, Jeb! said:

By the way, since the new update is relevant to all of us, would someone just give us a heads up when its available from KSP? Some of us (**ahem** me) don't know what we're doing.

Don't know.  Didn't know the pre-release was coming out until it just showed up.
But if they follow the regular pattern, and there aren't any major bugs, then a couple weeks tops.

OK, game and story related. I got a lot of stuff done today, but I'm not there yet.  Still trying to get the hang of flying everything.  There's nothing wrong with the game, its much nicer, actually.  I just need to get used to not over turning and rolling.  Because it's much smoother and faster, especially with smaller ships, I find myself spinning a lot...  :confused:

Edited by Just Jim

8 hours ago, RiverRat2800 said:

I've found that issue, too. one of us probably should report it. It typically happens after I've toggled IVA once.

Edited by RocketSquid

More please! Actually wait... Take some time... With 1.1 it will be more awesome!

I also came up with more ideas!

• they are in a science lab so there going to have to science the [excretments] out of that!
  • reverse the polarity.
  • throw snacks at him!
  • "accidentally" drift, spin out of control, and run him over

Please make us an awesome 1.1 chapter! :D

15 hours ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

You should make Dr. von kerman a bigger part of the story.

I thought about this, and I agree.
Without giving the story away, there will be some stuff coming up in a few more chapters that might be a fun place to finally see more of Dr. von Kerman.

12 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

I've found that issue, too. one of us probably should report it. It typically happens after I've toggled IVA once.

I've only had it happen the one time. If you've had it happen a few times, then go ahead and report it.
I did have one CTD yesterday from the VAB, but I don't know what caused it, so I can't really report it. 

8 hours ago, max_creative said:

More please! Actually wait... Take some time... With 1.1 it will be more awesome!

Please make us an awesome 1.1 chapter! :D

I'm working on it, never fear.  Yesterday I built and tested a new ship I'll be bringing in. Still need to do a landing test, but so far so good.

I also had to make a couple quick fixes on some ships.  The raptor landing gear seems inset too far into the BigS strakes they're attached to.  And I think the new landing gear on the Diamondback is a touch too big.  I can use hyperedit (if it's been upgraded) to swap out the one over Duna with a new one, no problem. 
But those are the only real issues I've spotted so far.

Unfortunately today is the 1st, and April fool or not, I have to go do some running around, so I won't get to play until this afternoon.

7 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Unfortunately today is the 1st, and April fool or not, I have to go do some running around, so I won't get to play until this afternoon.

Ooo! A new ship??? AWESOME!!! I can give it some time.

also I am currently standing in front of the library printer printing out tons of troll faces for April fools.

Edited by max_creative
Cleaned it up a little.

Well, things were going great, then a new update went and broke everything...  ;.;
No big deal, there's already a bug report and thread about it, so I figure it'll be fixed soon.

But there's also good news!  I tested out the new ship, and it landed beautifully.  Then I took a couple Chariots out for a spin, and the performance was amazing!!!  At least twice as fast and smooth as before, maybe three times.  The Mun Chariot handled great, and showed no real lag, even near the colony base.
Like the improved EVA performance, this is going to make thing so much easier getting screenshots.

Most everything is in place, so hopefully tomorrow, if they get this bug fixed, I can start getting the screenshots together for the next chapter.

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Well, things were going great, then a new update went and broke everything...  ;.;
No big deal, there's already a bug report and thread about it, so I figure it'll be fixed soon.

But there's also good news!  I tested out the new ship, and it landed beautifully.  Then I took a couple Chariots out for a spin, and the performance was amazing!!!  At least twice as fast and smooth as before, maybe three times.  The Mun Chariot handled great, and showed no real lag, even near the colony base.
Like the improved EVA performance, this is going to make thing so much easier getting screenshots.

Most everything is in place, so hopefully tomorrow, if they get this bug fixed, I can start getting the screenshots together for the next chapter.

Take your time.
Rushed perfection is often not perfect in the end.

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Yay new chapter! coming soon... And the new ship must be really cool. Let me guess... An Eve base with the new heat shield? Just a guess. Don't rush the new chapter. I'm just really excited!

11 hours ago, max_creative said:

Yay new chapter! coming soon... And the new ship must be really cool. Let me guess... An Eve base with the new heat shield? Just a guess. Don't rush the new chapter. I'm just really excited!

No, this next ship is kind of odd and clunky... lol.... :wink:

Unfortunately, I can't do anything until the DEV team fixes the last 1.1 update.  Something was bugged bad.  Hopefully it'll be fixed sometime later today.

Edited by Just Jim

Well, it was a busy day, but I did get some stuff done this evening.  I'm thinking, barring any game-breaking updates or whatever... lol... I may have the next chapter done tomorrow.  Definitely by Monday.... again, if the game and updates co-operate.

In the meantime, here's a little spoiler I like to call "Gem gets her learners permit"

iPcJiex.jpg

7 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

...."Gem gets her learners permit"

iPcJiex.jpg

I hate to see the insurance premiums on this thing.

$10,000,000,000 PL/PD, $500,000 fire-theft-vandalism, $10,000 deductible on glass, and a 20% premium on a underage  driver.

Edited by GDJ

39 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Well, it was a busy day, but I did get some stuff done this evening.  I'm thinking, barring any game-breaking updates or whatever... lol... I may have the next chapter done tomorrow.  Definitely by Monday.... again, if the game and updates co-operate.

In the meantime, here's a little spoiler I like to call "Gem gets her learners permit"

iPcJiex.jpg

Uhh... She's still a kid right? This not going to end well... For Thompberry... I played smashy road today and I am a terrible driver. so yeah. Kids are very eractic drivers so there will be explosions.

38 minutes ago, max_creative said:

... I played smashy road today and I am a terrible driver. 

Play Gran Turismo 6. That'll whip you into shape.

In that game, you go too fast, you're in the guardrails. 
You go too slow, other cars bump you out of the way....usually into grass and guardrails.
Drive perfect....you win.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.