Addiction Aerospace - SSTO Repository (And other junk) New Craft: Feb 6th!

New craft!

The Alouette, my competitor to @Rune's White Dart!
e2P9ERY.png
Space station not included :) Designed to have the same functionality of the White Dart, it is just as modular, and (probably) as dragless. Power comes from the Whiplash jet, and the dual Thuds, radially mounted, then offset.
Flight Instructions:
Pitch acording to thrust. :)

Get yours today for about 2 WHOLE FUNDS! WHOOOO!

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict

20 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

All of them do :) A fix will be coming on the weekend. In the mean time, I suggest you cut it directly out of the .craft file. I promise, I'll get to it, all of them.

If I cut it out of the craft file the game keeps thinking there is a link between it.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

I'm really fascinated by these things that you've made! The only thing I could accomplish is four tanks with a rapier strapped onto a drone core. Keep this up!

Mm? Oh, you mean my this stuff? Ah, gee, thanks! I hope I can be of help!

Build an air-launched orbital hypersonic boost-glide vehicle like the X-15A2. It should be capable of a  Munar landing w/ kerbin return. Must be launched from a drone aircraft, and either attached to a wing, or in a cargo bay, the latter being preferable. PLEASE make it land on skids from Kerbal Foundries!

2 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Build an air-launched orbital hypersonic boost-glide vehicle like the X-15A2. It should be capable of a  Munar landing w/ kerbin return. Must be launched from a drone aircraft, and either attached to a wing, or in a cargo bay, the latter being preferable. PLEASE make it land on skids from Kerbal Foundries!

Addiction Aerospace works on stock parts, sorry. I'll try with the girders tho.... consider the request taken! :)

On March 11, 2016 at 7:47 PM, SpaceplaneAddict said:

It's going fine, I'll be running..... distance...... tests, hopefully it'll be fully ready by next week (maximum)
As to the name, you can always rename it :)

and also, my I make the launch aircraft, erm...... rocket powered?

That would be a space shuttle kinda

26 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

That would be a space shuttle kinda

You could call it that, but here's what I have in mind.

The main munar craft would be on the front, attached to the rocket aircraft via decoupler. The "rocket" is a rocket, with wings and landing gear. It has a probe core, so it's recoverable. And yea. I'll show ya soon....

1 hour ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

No. Jets only. Could you send me a screenshot in PM?

Oh, ok. I'll see what I can do.....

And it would've only gone hypersonic........ BTW, I can't make an aircraft that can propell the orbiter to high enough speeds so it can go to the Mun. I'll make it RAPIER powered, how's that?

17 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

You could call it that, but here's what I have in mind.

The main munar craft would be on the front, attached to the rocket aircraft via decoupler. The "rocket" is a rocket, with wings and landing gear. It has a probe core, so it's recoverable. And yea. I'll show ya soon....

Oh, ok. I'll see what I can do.....

And it would've only gone hypersonic........ BTW, I can't make an aircraft that can propell the orbiter to high enough speeds so it can go to the Mun. I'll make it RAPIER powered, how's that?

Sure but don't go above 40KM with the launcher

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.