Project Iris

Kekkie

P R O J E C T 

I R I S

OR, HOW THE SOLAR SYSTEM WAS CONQUERED

It was another busy day at R&D. Podbus and Leane Kerman were happily discussing their plans for the future. The other kerbals were testing new shiny experiments. Or eating snacks. So while this was going on, the couple quietly talked of a project that, though they didn't know it, would eventually grow into something so big it would dominate plans of the future for over twelve years. The mission to colonize every body in the Kerbol system. The mission was to be known as Iris. Project Iris. 

Hello! I'm Kekkie, a newbie in the forums. I have lurked these threads for months, and now I have an account!!! So excited to see how this unfolds and your reaction to it. More coming soon!

Fly safe,

Kekkie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And here it is...

Chapter 1

"The Dynawing Shuttle"

Podbus Kerman slowly walked up to the launch pad. He punched in some numbers on a control pad, then rose on an elevator to the top of the mighty spacecraft. A marvel of technology and science, it was the largest shuttle ever constructed. The Dynawing. That was a nice name, Podbus thought as he entered the hatch. The countdown began, and the shuttle lifted off...

The two Vector engines and Kickback boosters roared with thrust. Two minutes later, the KS-25 serially designated solid boosters separated, to splash softly into the ocean minutes later. Then there were the flame-filled entry effects. Then orbit was achieved, and then the external tank separated. The question now in Podbus' head, there being a lack of space stations, was: where could they go?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.