[Kopernicus][1.0]Kerbal Minor Bodies

drswagboss

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@drswagboss What PQSMod did you use to add the high-definition hills and mountains, like on Bui? Can you also give me an example?

You can use VertexHeightNoiseVertHeight and/or VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute. Just play around in Kittopia, skill comes with practice.

@drswagboss Looks really good! Something you may not yet know though: you can also save color and normalmaps in PluginData for enhanced OnDemandLoading support.

Also, do the planets have terrain scatter already? If not, I've got a code lying around that generates scatter without altering the elevation of the terrain (at least I've never encountered any changes in elevation and I've used that code numerous times already), and I'd be more than happy to share the code with you.

Edited by The White Guardian

4 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

You can use VertexHeightNoiseVertHeight and/or VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute. Just play around in Kittopia, skill comes with practice.

@drswagboss Looks really good! Something you may not yet know though: you can also save color and normalmaps in PluginData for enhanced OnDemandLoading support.

Also, do the planets have terrain scatter already? If not, I've got a code lying around that generates scatter without altering the elevation of the terrain (at least I've never encountered any changes in elevation and I've used that code numerous times already), and I'd be more than happy to share the code with you.

They might, I'm not sure, anyway, thanks, I spend most of my time on Gruun and Bui

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.