[Request] 2.5m Foldable Centrifuge

Badsector

Every time i start design interplanetary ship i face always the lack of a good centrifuge for the crew.

Now the choice are restricted to 2.5m MK2 centrifuge from SXT, 1.75m inflatable from Habitat or LLL parts.

What i search is something able to hide behind a 5m heatshield (or custom heatshield) with non inflatable look.

Thanks in advance if you have some suggestion for mods or design

Regards Luca

Roverdudes UKS does have a spinning inflatable habitat, haven't checked whether it fits under a 5m heatshield, but I don't think it does.

edit: Actually, yeah, it's bigger than 5m inflated, deflated though it's 3.5m I think.

Edited by smjjames

2 hours ago, smjjames said:

Roverdudes UKS does have a spinning inflatable habitat, haven't checked whether it fits under a 5m heatshield, but I don't think it does.

edit: Actually, yeah, it's bigger than 5m inflated, deflated though it's 3.5m I think.

Tanks for the suggestion, i have find this 3.75m inflatable centrifuge but i'm searching for something with a look different from inflatables (foldable)

6 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Why not mock your own with a combo of parts from IR and KPBS? I was use the extendatrons to extend and contract arms and KAS based corridor that Nills277 made for KPBS all together with the spindle from DSEV.

Peace.

Nice suggestion but i don't want increase partcount, and IR requires a lot of parts for centrifuge.

Finally i think KSP really lack on centrifuge parts, for now i have found a solution with inline ballutes for aerobraking but when i have time i want try to start to model some centrifuge.

Regards Luca

2 hours ago, Badsector said:

Nice suggestion but i don't want increase partcount, and IR requires a lot of parts for centrifuge.

Finally i think KSP really lack on centrifuge parts, for now i have found a solution with inline ballutes for aerobraking but when i have time i want try to start to model some centrifuge.

Regards Luca

Agreed, quite a lot of parts for something that can be a little unwieldy, especially with the KAS type corridor too.

Would you see a centrifuge using the firespitter rotation, or an IR styled rotation which would be adjustable?

Here is how I make a folding centrifuge...

This uses the centrifuge hub from DSEV, which is 2 or 3 parts. Then each of the arms have 6 parts including the Porkjet inflato hab and a hinge from Infernal Robotics. I don't think it could quite fit behind a 5-meter heatshield though. Maybe if you shorten the 'shoulders' and make the ship's body thinner.

On 16.1.2016 at 8:57 PM, PLAD said:

Here is how I make a folding centrifuge...

This uses the centrifuge hub from DSEV, which is 2 or 3 parts. Then each of the arms have 6 parts including the Porkjet inflato hab and a hinge from Infernal Robotics. I don't think it could quite fit behind a 5-meter heatshield though. Maybe if you shorten the 'shoulders' and make the ship's body thinner.

- yes definitifly great setup ! looks awesome..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.