Extreme lag with radially attached boosters

Well, the problem is pretty simple to explain: Whenever I attach a solid booster or liquid booster, even the simplest (nose cone, tank, engine) , the game lags to hell and back. When I press launch, the game works at normal FPS until after KJR starts doing its magic. After physics are fully initialized my game drops to 10 fps. Once I jettison the boosters, FPS automatically jump back to 30. When they crash/disappear I get another FPS boost which takes me back to the normal 40/50.

• Happens with anything radially attached and exposed to the airstream (not with things radially attached but kept inside a fairing).
  • Happens when the parts are attached either to procedurally generated parts, stock parts or mod parts.
  • Happens at all symmetry levels, even x1.
  • Happens with any radial decoupler
  • Happens even If I'm not using decouplers (i.e. non detachable boosters)

I don't know how long this could've been happening so I can't track exactly which mod caused it. I normally build mono-column rockets without boosters.

Mods I'm using:

uMZoJgn.jpg

LOG: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public?preview=output_log.txt

Edited by PDCWolf

Been investigating for the last couple hours, still no clue. However I edited the OP with additional and corrected information. Seems to be related specifically to radially attached parts exposed to the airstream. Radially attached parts inside a fairing have no problem whatsoever.

38 minutes ago, JTpopcorn said:

It could be the extra physics load on teh cpu, but those numbers seem extreme for that to be the problem...

The fact that it jumps back up makes me think it is a cpu overload when handling FAR physics.

I've been further investigating since I made the last correction to the description, this is what I got now:

The problem not only solves by jettisoning the boosters, it also goes back to normal after jettisoning the fairings. So I suspect that it is some kind of procedural fairings/FAR interaction causing the problems. I'll be back in a second with some pictures to illustrate.

So, I removed FAR. Problem is still there. That makes me point to proc fairings, although they work fine on other rockets. ¿Payload with too much parts? ¿Too complex? Happens if I remove the inner fairings too, so nested fairings is not the problem.

• 8 years later...

I've just started experiencing this same issue and I can't find anything online about it anywhere else. Did you ever figure anything out? I'm running a very lightly modded installation. System is a Dell laptop i9, 32gb RAM, rtx 4070,SSD. I've never had the game lag like this before even on less specced machines.