[1.0.5] Jool DIRECT v0.4 (Now with Altair lander parts)

Daelkyr

Okay. I've been playing with Jool DIRECT v0.4 in KSP 1.1 with the updated Firespitter and I haven't found any problems. I've done some modeling tweaks with the Altair Ascent stage. I want to move some textures around on the payload shroud. And I want to finally re-do the thrust plates. Then it'll be a v0.5 KSP 1.1 release.

• 2 months later...

Hi-

just noticed a slight glitch that just seems to have developed.  The descent fuel stage has no fuel.  It doesn't even show up in the part description in the VAB.  It's still in the config file, it just doesn't show up in the game.  Perhaps it's a 1.1.3 version issue?

• Rockomax MSDM-16 Fuel Tank (1.5 m Altair Descent stage w/ electric charge and built-in decoupler)
Edited by thomash

That...shouldn't be happening. Looking at the config, it's a straight RESOURCE node. Do you have any fuel switchers installed (IFS/B9Partswitch)? Obviously, this mod requires Firespitter - the one bundled with it is out of date, do you have an uptodate one? Do you use the Cryo-Tanks/Cryo-Engines mod?

I believe you, but what I think is happening is another mod is deleting the resources an unsuccessfully applying a fuel switch part module to it. I know Cryo-Tanks does that, and recently had a brief buggy release, which may (however unlikely) be the cause. It's a stretch, but if you use that mod, an update of that should fix it.

Yup.  Figured it out last night.  It's the Cryogenic Engines mod, just as you suspected.  Discovered that all of my tanks had been switched.  That's diabolical. :lol:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  Nice support.  I really like your mod, especially the lander components.  They are unique to the game AFAIK.  The recessed engine mounts allow for a nice compact ship.I also like the mod size--not too many parts, and I have used them all at some point.

Is there a possibility that you will make the mod compatible with Tweakscale?  Or include a smaller diameter pack?  Smaller lander parts would make it possible for smaller landers for early game.

Thanks again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.