[1.4.x] Kerbal Sports: Jebediah Kerman's Fishing Challenge [v1.1.0] [2018-03-22]

nightingale

22 minutes ago, HamnavoePer said:

I have been messing around the administration building pond trying to get the fish option but it won't come up! Help please.

I need a log, screenshot, something. I can't help you with what you've given me.

Also, make sure you installed the right one (there's a 1.0.5 and 1.1 version).

Edited by nightingale

Wait, 1.1 has been released? I keep seeing screenshots but I am not getting the update option on the launcher or on the website.

13 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Also, make sure you installed the right one (there's a 1.0.5 and 1.1 version).

Can I have a link to the 1.0.5 release Plz :D

35 minutes ago, Noob21 said:

>tfw this doesn't work on Mac

TFW bugs reports with not enough detail.

I'm gonna guess the fact that I hardcoded the keybindings is coming back to bite me?  Only one control key or something like that?

8 minutes ago, nightingale said:

TFW bugs reports with not enough detail.

I'm gonna guess the fact that I hardcoded the keybindings is coming back to bite me?  Only one control key or something like that?

Yeah. And even then, the one control key I have doesn't respond to it.

3 hours ago, nightingale said:

Now with better Mac support, download here!

Kerbal Sports 1.0.2

• Added alternate keybinding for systems without two CTRL buttons (apple key or arrow keys can be used in place of CTRL).

Well now it just straight up doesn't show up on Mac. Before I could engage it, but now it doesn't even come up in a tab.

28 minutes ago, nightingale said:

1.0.5 or 1.1?

1.0.5. I don't play KSP on Steam because I prefer to have the flexibility I get when not having to get games through Steam. I only get Steam exclusives on it.

50 minutes ago, Noob21 said:

1.0.5. I don't play KSP on Steam because I prefer to have the flexibility I get when not having to get games through Steam. I only get Steam exclusives on it.

This release was 1.1 only.  I'll add a 1.0.5 build later today and pray that it doesn't mess up CKAN.

EDIT: 1.0.5 build is up, didn't test it, but should be good. :)

Edited by nightingale

i dont know how to edit the controles. i tried pushing < and > but it dident work.and i haw jeb, bob, bill and val on a boat in the ocean. and the Controls realy messes me up! like just a simple text dokument with the Controls listed like

reel in = "shift"

left = "lcontrol"

right = "rcontrol"

and then say i edit the reel in one to alt. then i type alt in. that could be alot better. and if i need to open those files in the mod folder thing to edit the controles. then thats like impossible to me. BQs i dont haw the right apps for that. so? text dokument?:mellow:

Edited by fredrik(swe)
was not in lemans terms. (i think i spelt that wrong.)

1 hour ago, fredrik(swe) said:

i dont know how to edit the controles. i tried pushing < and > but it dident work.and i haw jeb, bob, bill and val on a boat in the ocean. and the Controls realy messes me up! like just a simple text dokument with the Controls listed like

reel in = "shift"

left = "lcontrol"

right = "rcontrol"

and then say i edit the reel in one to alt. then i type alt in. that could be alot better. and if i need to open those files in the mod folder thing to edit the controles. then thats like impossible to me. BQs i dont haw the right apps for that. so? text dokument?:mellow:

That would be a surprisingly large effort - exposing the keybindings via a text file.  Are you saying you do not like the controls and want to change them, or are unsure what they are?  They are all listed in Gus's introduction text (you did read that, right?).

5 hours ago, nightingale said:

This release was 1.1 only.  I'll add a 1.0.5 build later today and pray that it doesn't mess up CKAN.

EDIT: 1.0.5 build is up, didn't test it, but should be good. :)

Nope. Arrow keys don't do jack.

EDIT: Actually, they work for like half a second, then it stops responding to my inputs

Edited by Noob21

42 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Right.  Let's try that again.  Download here.

Kerbal Sports 1.0.3

• Fixed issues with alternate keybindings from previous release.

Now it's working with seemingly no issues. I'll make sure to see if there are any unwanted glitches.

EDIT: I have no idea if this has anything to do with the mod but I jumped in the pool and now my Kerbal is glitching the hell out. Will try to reproduce it with and without the mod.

EDIT 2: Yep, if you've caught a fish and you ragdollify yourself you're in for a world of pain. No need to fix, just add a warning to people to not become a ragdoll after catching something. 

Edited by Noob21

On 06/04/2016 at 2:54 PM, Noob21 said:

Now it's working with seemingly no issues. I'll make sure to see if there are any unwanted glitches.

EDIT: I have no idea if this has anything to do with the mod but I jumped in the pool and now my Kerbal is glitching the hell out. Will try to reproduce it with and without the mod.

EDIT 2: Yep, if you've caught a fish and you ragdollify yourself you're in for a world of pain. No need to fix, just add a warning to people to not become a ragdoll after catching something. 

Raised #1 for the ragdoll issues.

6 hours ago, eddiew said:

I know this was an April 1st... but I really want to put together a mission to go fishing on Eve now :) 

The April Fool's day joke was that this was part of 1.1.  The mod is real, and you can play it today. :)

11 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Raised #1 for the ragdoll issues.

Here's what you should do to try and activate it on your side.

1. Go to the pond

2. Catch a fish

3. Run and jump to ragdoll yourself

4. Watch your kerbal spazz the hell out

Speeding up to 4x phys warp and pressing one of the WASD keys should reverse the effects until you ragdoll again.

Mind you that I'm using a modded 1.0.5 save, so it could be the fact I'm using 1.0.5 or one of my mods is causing it.

33 minutes ago, sabreheim said:

Alright so I'm about to go to work so no screenshot. But B was using this just fine on 1.1, then you did the update yesterday or the day before and it just stopped working. I use cKan for my mods, btw. 

Try a manual install until we're past the 1.0.5/1.1 dual support mess.  I'll see if I can get CKAN sorted tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the built up "Skill" actually have any effect? I was hoping the green bar you need to keep the fish in would get wider, or fish would reel in a little faster, but I'm not noticing anything. Fishing on Eve is really hard!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.