RSS/RO recommendations

Hello, Fellow Kerbonauts!

I know that I have already posted this but I still haven't quite found anything that meets my needs:

I need a mod which contains realistic rocket engines that go with RO/RSS (like Soviet Engines). But since Soviet Engines is now impossible to download, I can't really find appropriate engines for my upper stages. So can anyone recommend a mod that adds realistic engines similar to the ones in Soviet Engines?

Thanks!

why do you say Soviet Engines is impossible to download? I was using it in 1.0.5 perfectly fine by downloading it from CKAN.

If you head back to Realism Overhaul's original post you will notice a full chart of recommended mods -> the ones on a blue font are mods that include engines, try downloading these :)

Use FASA! Even if you don't care about the tanks, it gets you a beatifull arrangement of engines! Includes stull like LR87/LR87H2, LR91, F1, M1, J2, LR10, etc, etc. Basically a big part of the amercan space engines, and some of the modells are incredibly good (F/M1 <3).

Also Gemini pods, which are both super versatile and dope! Doesn't always need to be a super heavy 3 man pod.

Edit: Hm, I think i've seen a mirror of bobcats pack. I'll take look...

Edit2: Found it. There is actually a mirror to the soviet engines directly on the thread:

Just need to add the "media fire . com" back, which was auto-removed.

Edited by Temeter

21 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

why do you say Soviet Engines is impossible to download? I was using it in 1.0.5 perfectly fine by downloading it from CKAN.

If you head back to Realism Overhaul's original post you will notice a full chart of recommended mods -> the ones on a blue font are mods that include engines, try downloading these :)

what? you can use soviet engines? for some reason, i attempted to download it from CKAN and it says it couldn't download it. so i clicked that github link and it showed an error. so i went to bobcats thread and apparently, the only way i could get it was on kerbalstuff. no surprise, i later found out that kerbalstuff has now been shut down.

how, dude. HOW

6 hours ago, XpertKerbalKSP said:

Well, when I clicked on the link, its just blank. No text, no download.

Nothing.

Just take a closer look to the mirror. It's www./, the adress isn't complete. So just add the missing part back:

Just need to add the "media fire . com" back, which was auto-removed.

And you'll get a working media fire link.

You might also be interested in my Launchers Pack mod. I have got multiple engines in that pack, containing RS-27(A), AJ-10-118K, Merlin 1C, Merlin 1Ci, Merlin 1CV, Merlin 1D, Merlin 1DV, Merlin 1D+, Merlin 1DV+, Kestrel, and the RL-10 used on Atlas V. Not all engines are RO supported, but it's not really hard to make the configs for those engines I think. :)

Also, you may be interested in my ATK Propulsion Pack, which actually is RO supported, if you want some SRB's and kick stages. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 9:11 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

You might also be interested in my Launchers Pack mod. I have got multiple engines in that pack, containing RS-27(A), AJ-10-118K, Merlin 1C, Merlin 1Ci, Merlin 1CV, Merlin 1D, Merlin 1DV, Merlin 1D+, Merlin 1DV+, Kestrel, and the RL-10 used on Atlas V. Not all engines are RO supported, but it's not really hard to make the configs for those engines I think. :)

Also, you may be interested in my ATK Propulsion Pack, which actually is RO supported, if you want some SRB's and kick stages. :)

Thanks for the suggestion! I've been looking for those engines for ages! Apparently, they aren't in the FASA or Soviet Engines pack ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.