Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Since MF became a downloadable-only-if-you're-logged-in host I started to like it a lot less. I have a different problem with them: no idea why but I HAVE to start all downloads twice cause the first time it NEVER starts, the 2nd time starts almost always then.

Dunno what's wrong with them but they're becoming a pain in the ass <.<

I'd suggest people to rather use DropBox, it works and you can update things without having to change the links, way better imo.

You don't have to be logged on to download from Mediafire, and Dropbox will shut down the download link if too many people download it.

Sad Dani-Sang stopped updating this mod for now. I was so excited to see what would come next :(

I didn't stop, other things have priorities and that counts the same for kulesz. And regarding priorities, they have a reason which remain private, but if I told you guys... then you would understand it. Family and work is just simply more important.

Fantastic mod, one of my favorite so far.

Do you plan to overhaul the kethane detection for the next release ? Right now the bitmap thing is really not user friendly...

I really think something like KPS system from Romfarer Lazorsystem will be the best choice :

lazorsystemkps.jpg

What do you think ?

I didn't stop, other things have priorities and that counts the same for kulesz. And regarding priorities, they have a reason which remain private, but if I told you guys... then you would understand it. Family and work is just simply more important.

No, I understand that perfectly, but I'm just curious to know how's the developement going.

Hello, this mod is great, its a very interesting idea. I've been trying the mod and i find that mining and converting kethane takes quite some time, is there a way that we (users) can speed things up a bit? I know there is a part.cfg for the converter where apparently we can work the conversion ratio and the conversion speed, however i haven't found such option for the extractor, anyone knows how to work this out?

Thanks.

I feel very dumb for asking this, but what button activates the Ion Engine GUI? Can't find something on the forum about it. Got to the point of smashing my head on my keyboard trying to find it. Clicking it didn't work either. Worked once but I don't know how I did it.

I downloaded all the packs, as they look amazing. However I havent been playing the KSP for a very long time at all. Pretty much a self appointed noob atm. I have no clue how to install the plugins so the parts will work ingame.

All the parts show up in the game parts menu however all say "this part is not available in your version of KSP". What am i doing wrong ? and how do I properly Install the mods.

Just put the "Plugins" folder stuff in "Plugins". Usually most mod-packs have a Readme telling how to install. Putting the plugins in is as easy as the parts, so since you know the parts you can play now. Hope this helps!

Is there a way to convert a fuel tank to hold Kethane?

I want to make the fuel tank on my DEMV Mark II able to hold Kethane so that it's more appropriate as a mining vehicle

I have not actually really done any modding, but it is pretty easy to figure out from the config files for each.

First, I would save the original DEMV cargo tank somewhere.

Then open up the part.cfg and replace the following

module = fueltank

with

module = MMI_Kethane_Tank

And the section "// --- fuel tank parameters ---" (the title and the four lines under it)

and replace with

// --- Kethane Tank parameters ---

Kethane = xxx

Capacity = xxx

DryMass = xxx

Where you replace the xxx with whatever you want.

Note: for an idea of how much is appropriate, compare to the part "MMI.K FuelTank 02 - 1m Regular", the standard 1m kethane tank and the original capacity of the DEMV.

What I usually do when modding the part.cfg of anything is make a copy of the folder for the part, rename the copy to something similar but descriptive of the changes I made, then in the part.cfg file itself change the "name = 'parts name'" to "name = 'parts name_(description of change)'" or something like that.

the reason for adding the new info to the end of the part name or file folder name is so that the modded part stays close to the original in the parts/ folder, and also stays next to the original part in the VAB as well.

For this mod of making the DEMV mk 2 fuel tank carry Kethane,

I would probably re-name the folder to something like "DEMVMark2cargoKethane"

and change "name = CargoTank" to "name = CargoTankKethane"

Edited by SciMan

You don't have to be logged on to download from Mediafire, and Dropbox will shut down the download link if too many people download it.

Ok the latter with DB is probably a problem, forgot about that.

Also yeah, MF doesn't seem to force you to login for downloading (anymore) but I could swear it didn't wanna gimme a file a few times without being logged in ._. well whatever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.