KSP kerbalkind website for all your needs

Darth Jeb

I am a newbie to KSP and am always fascinated by space flights and rockets. I wanna contribute something to KSP and the community. 

Therefore I want some content for my newly created website KerbalKind.

It could be anything like tutorials, craft files, mod lists and so on that could help newbies like me.

Please share your epic discoveries and I will arrange and put them on my website. 

Note - This was my original website

Edited by Darth Jeb

16 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

What sort of service are you intending to provide? Will this site all be KSP-related content? 

I know that there are many respectable websites for craft sharing , random discussion,  mods etc and I don't intend to replace or compete with them.

I just want to create a website for random KSP stuff probably for my satisfaction and goodwil of people. 

And yes it will have all KSP related content 

7 hours ago, Xavven said:

Sorry to be "that guy" but Armstrong actually said "that's one small step for a man..." Best of luck with your new site.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake 

I also thought of doing this once (Kudos to you for actually doing it) so...

Here Are Some Of My Ideas:

Spoiler

1: How about adding the RSS feed from the dev blog, That way you could have a KSP News page.

2: Contact the people who run KerbalX and see if there is a way to display crafts on your website, so you can have a featured crafts page where people can click on a link to download the craft from KerbalX

3: List some of the most popular and wildly used mods for new people (BDA, KIS, KAS, RT, USI LS, Scatterer, etc)

4: Make a patreon account for the website (If this becomes really popular you might want a way to pay the fees).

5: Have a resources page listing places new (or old) players can go for tutorials and other info (forum, wiki, KerbalX, etc)

6: Have a KSP F.A.Q. to answer popular questions from new people.

7: Have an "About Kerbal Space Program" page with a brief summary of the game and a link to the KSP store, for none KSP players who stumble across your website (Maybe stick the F.A.Q. here).

8: Make a forum page telling people about this website.

9: KSP Players integration.

10: Ask for help, if are serious about this don't do it by yourself. It is easier and more fun with help.

And if this goes really well, here are some more advanced ideas.

Spoiler

A mod where people can access the website in game (kinda like an advanced version of the new KSPedia in 1.1).

A nice looking Telemachus interface. Try talking to @Lokaltog about his Kerbal Remote Display maybe you could work out a deal where his interface is hosted on your website, keeps everything in one place.

As for the crafts you have there maybe change them to stock beginner style crafts for people who want to learn to fly in an easy craft. Maybe have a Launcher, Minimus Lander, Science Rover, Easy to fly SSTO and a series of satellite subassemblies that they can put in the launcher.

I do not care if you don't like these ideas, it is your project you do what you want with it.

I see this as "A Hub for KSP Related Infomation and News" is this the same as your vision for it? I sure hope so because that would be amazing.

If you have any questions or need help with this project just ask :D.

This looks great so far and I can't wait to see what the future brings for this.

Cheers Ben from BT Industries

Edited by BT Industries