Liftoff! - A word-heavy KSP history

KerbalOmmex

Liftoff!

A KSP History.

This is the story of how the Kerbal's turned from a small ground-based civilization to a wide, space-faring species.

I was inspired by Just Jim, Kuzzter and Parkaboy to create this story.

Chapter 1

It was a peaceful day on a small island, east of the main continent. Then a new event hit the front page of The Daily Kerbal. 

WILBERT KERMAN BECOMES THE FIRST TO FLY!

The news spread like wildfire. Jebediah Kerman, president of Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Motorcar Parts, decided to meet Wilbert to see if he could fly one of his 'aeroplanes'. Jeb always wanted to fly. He once flew a glider, but not for long. Now he wanted to fly for as far as he could, touching the clouds.

Wilbert gave him his plane. Jeb managed to fly it faster,higher and further than ever before. He flew for 2 minutes, shattering all of Wil's records.

Comparisons
Name Wilbert Jebediah
Speed 35 m/s 80 m/s
Distance 500 m 4,000 m
Height 237 m 704 m
Time 48s 2m 12s

The flight was photographed by Wil. The next day...

JEBEDIAH KERMAN SMASHES ALL OF WILBERT'S RECORDS!

But that was only the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

I had abandoned it since everyone was just criticizing the font, but since @KSK and @CodeFantastic actually liked it, I I'll post a new part once I get my ancient netbook back from repair. (I'm on mobile right now.)

Next Part: Robert Kerman's Rocket

10 hours ago, KerbalOmmex said:

I had abandoned it since everyone was just criticizing the font, but since @KSK and @CodeFantastic actually liked it, I I'll post a new part once I get my ancient netbook back from repair. (I'm on mobile right now.)

Next Part: Robert Kerman's Rocket

Yeah, sorry about that, it was more of just a joke.

Chapter Rob's Rocket

A few years later, A little known Kerbal, Robert Kerman, launched the first rocket. However, unlike Wilbur, he wasn't gonna get any fame fir this.

Mun rocket misses by 80,000 km!

But, Rob didn't give up. He managed, with a bit of funding by the United States of Kerbin, launch halfway to the Mun, i.e. 50 km. 

The government refused to give any more money to Rob after that record-breaking flight.

Meanwhile, across the Eastern Ocean, At a place some now call MECO point, a young kerbal, Wehner von Kerman, contacted Rob, and asked him about his rockets. With good information, he asked the Kazi government to give him permission to build a 'rocket-powered bomb' that could hit Klondon, and other cities.

Wehner had no intention to create a weapon. But he knew that their leader, Adolf Kermahn, would not agree on anything not related to war.

Thus the terrorizing K-2 was created. It was built to destroy the snack storages of the Kallies.

But then, the US started Operation Paperklip...

Next Chapter, The Postwar battle race.

Edited by KerbalOmmex

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

This actually seems interesting. When does Chuck Kerman come into play? :P Totally didn't just watch a part of The Right Stuff. 

Who's Chuck?

I had a fever so don't expect Chapter 3 until Thursday.

7 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

Y'know, Chuck Yeager, the first person to break the sound barrier?  I was kidding about him though.

Oh! I almost forgot about him!

Chapter 3 is IRL 1945-6. About the start of the Kold War and Wehner's capture.

Chuck might be in the interlude between Chapter 3 and 4. (1947-1950)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.