Commercial Space Program: Balancing Science, Funds, and Time - A Career Modlist for KSP 1.3 by Inigma

inigma

Mining Mod (for Funds): TBD

Maybe this could be done with contracts? The objective would be to go somewhere, gather ore and bring it back to Kerbin and recover. Such contracts already are in stock, except they ask for bringing ore all over the solar system instead of Kerbin.

Also a problem I've encountered with Kerbalism: since the tech tree doesn't start with a probe I ended up launching kerbals in space a few times which is risky considering the life support systems are not available at the start.

On 03/06/2016 at 5:47 PM, inigma said:

(KCT can also do simulations for funds)

Not anymore! :) It now relies on KRASH for that functionality.

On 03/06/2016 at 5:47 PM, inigma said:

Life Support: Kerbalism

Personally, I prefer USI-LS. Kerbalism adds a lot to gameplay, which I think detracts from the main goal here: funds- and time-based gameplay. USI-LS gives you just enough to have to worry about the time your Kerbonauts spend up there, but doesn't stray too far from stock gameplay.

• 1 month later...
On 24.07.2016 at 2:12 AM, inigma said:

Anyone else have mods they'd like to recommend for a funds based career mode?

Haven't seen anything like that. How about the mod that exchanges science for funds? Maybe it could be remade to also convert funds to science? I'll ask the creator about it.

EDIT: oh, whooops I had a derp moment there. Nevermind! I will redownload all the mods from this thread to test it some more. Although I really have to force myself since I don't have a motivation to play this game anymore...

Also there's a nice tech tree mod I have recently found (just in case it's of any use):

Edited by Veeltch

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

Nice mod set; I may try it out soon. I think this looks like it has quite a bit of potential. You might like it too.

That's a great recommendation! I will be checking it out soon. I just hope it's easy to find what part you're looking for in the list of contracts.

If you play this modlist, let me know how it works for you!

Edited by inigma

I would highly recommend Mark One Laboratory Extensions for any career-mode game. It has parts for early-game space stations as well as a new science system similar to Station Science's, but a tad more flexible IMO. 

If you use MOLE & like planetary bases, the Pathfinder mod (by the same author) is also incredibly useful:

3 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

I would highly recommend Mark One Laboratory Extensions for any career-mode game. It has parts for early-game space stations as well as a new science system similar to Station Science's, but a tad more flexible IMO. 

If you use MOLE & like planetary bases, the Pathfinder mod (by the same author) is also incredibly useful:

Thank you, with exception to the Buffalo, those part mods are not as stock-alike as I'd prefer in order for me to recommend them in the OP, but certainly thanks for sharing about them in this thread! :D  I also play lightly with part mods, only grabbing what I need absolutely when I have nothing else that can serve the function. But by all means recommend them!

Edited by inigma

I would definately put in a recommendation to use a non-stock tech tree. Which modded tech tree is used is not so relevant, they are all massive improvements over the stock "progression" (late wheels, ladders and so on). ETT, HPTT, UbM...

1 hour ago, Yemo said:

I would definately put in a recommendation to use a non-stock tech tree. Which modded tech tree is used is not so relevant, they are all massive improvements over the stock "progression" (late wheels, ladders and so on). ETT, HPTT, UbM...

I've been thinking about testing Historical Progression Tech Tree.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.