ImkSushi

imkSushi's Better Densities Mod

Recommended Posts

REQUIRES:
Sigma Dimensions (which requires Kopernicus)

Download on Spacedock: http://spacedock.info/mod/751/imkSushi's Better Densities Mod

In ksp, all the planets are roughly 10x denser than in real life, such that they have a realistic surface gravity. This mod changes it such that instead of:
    Realistic Surface Gravity BUT Unrealistic Density;
You get this:
    Unrealistic Surface Gravity BUT (more importantly) Realistic Density;

NOTE:
Do not install this on an install of ksp that has a save you care about without backing up the save.

Credits:
Me -for a decent idea.
Sigma88 - for Sigma Dimensions
ThomasP - for Kopernicus

On a more serious note, I do think that it is perfectly viable to do a playthrough with this mod, so if you want to, show me some of your spacecraft that you use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! Realistic surface gravity definitely NOT important. Absolutely! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZobrAA said:

Yes! Realistic surface gravity definitely NOT important. Absolutely! :D

I just thought that it would be fun to do a (short) playthrough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts about the Kerbal universe have always been that the gravitational constant is an order of magnitude greater, rather than simply the densities being different. Even so, this is an interesting concept and I may try to play with this mod at some point to see what I can achieve with one tenth the surface gravity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

My thoughts about the Kerbal universe have always been that the gravitational constant is an order of magnitude greater, rather than simply the densities being different. Even so, this is an interesting concept and I may try to play with this mod at some point to see what I can achieve with one tenth the surface gravity.

The problem is, if it was, then it would probably be impossible that things like stars can form, as the equilibrium of fusion vs gravity is upset when gravity is 10x larger inside the star. Therefore, the Kerbal System cannot exist, as with those constants, stars are impossible, yet Kerbol is a star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ImkSushi said:

The problem is, if it was, then it would probably be impossible that things like stars can form, as the equilibrium of fusion vs gravity is upset when gravity is 10x larger inside the star. Therefore, the Kerbal System cannot exist, as with those constants, stars are impossible, yet Kerbol is a star.

And yet it does exist, so your reasoning is flawed or incomplete.

Edited by JedTech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JedTech said:

And yet it does exist, so you reasoning is flawed or incomplete.

OR the Kerbol System is actually only in your head, or maybe a just an inaccurate computer simulation by an advanced civilisation...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice mod!

Huh, just last night I was seeing your mods on TCF. It's a small internet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, teag2 said:

Nice mod!

Huh, just last night I was seeing your mods on TCF. It's a small internet

Thanks. In case you are wondering why I am active modding wise over here, and not on TCF, is because it takes me not long to code one of these mods. My Terraria mod requires more of my time. I am going to start working on it again at the end of the week, as atm, I am BusyTM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ImkSushi said:

OR the Kerbol System is actually only in your head, or maybe a just an inaccurate computer simulation by an advanced civilisation...

>implying we're an advanced civilization

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thehalospartansa said:

>implying we're an advanced civilization

Advanced compared to the society of mice.

 

Although I suppose Kopernicus=Magreatha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any chance you could change it so that the density multiple is a setting? Then I could make 1km Kerbin with 100g gravity :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, teag2 said:

Is there any chance you could change it so that the density multiple is a setting? Then I could make 1km Kerbin with 100g gravity :D

Umm. I just used Sigma Dimensions Mod. Check it out to customize stuff how you want:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it uses SD, I was wondering if you could make the density muliplyer a setting so that we could customize the density, the same way you can customize scale in SD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, teag2 said:

I know it uses SD, I was wondering if you could make the density muliplyer a setting so that we could customize the density, the same way you can customize scale in SD.

I suppose. I may do stuff, but I have a long to-do list:

Finish this week
code update 2.5.0 on my Terraria Mod
Start coding some planets for ksp
More Stuff

As you can see, I'm quite BusyTM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ImkSushi said:

OR the Kerbol System is actually only in your head, or maybe a just an inaccurate computer simulation by an advanced civilisation...

or maybe your universe is just an inaccurate computer simulation by an advanced civilization, so your argument is flawed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thehalospartansa said:

>implying we're an advanced civilization

Or it's simulations all the way down. To stop us escaping and discovering all the low-resolution planets around other stars, they tweaked up our G and removed our photosynthetic ability so we would starve even if we tried. But otherwise we're a close approximation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JedTech said:

or maybe your universe is just an inaccurate computer simulation by an advanced civilization, so your argument is flawed.

your universe? Do you come from another one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ImkSushi said:

your universe? Do you come from another one?

That's a very plausible theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JedTech said:

That's a very plausible theory.

Well, actually, it isn't. Universe implies that there is only one, and as such, you cannot come from another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ImkSushi said:

Well, actually, it isn't. Universe implies that there is only one, and as such, you cannot come from another.

Just because humans labeled the universe with a word implying one, does not mean there is only one. Here is a theory which postulates that you may be reading this in a different universe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-minds_interpretation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JedTech said:

Just because humans labeled the universe with a word implying one, does not mean there is only one. Here is a theory which postulates that you may be reading this in a different universe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-minds_interpretation

To put it simply, you cannot be from another universe, because you would need to achieve one of two things to get there:

Either travel faster than light from the edge of the universe, which is impossible
Or go through a wormhole, but it is impossible to do so without using negative energy, and it is impossible to get negative energy.

Gotcha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ImkSushi said:

To put it simply, you cannot be from another universe, because you would need to achieve one of two things to get there:

Either travel faster than light from the edge of the universe, which is impossible
Or go through a wormhole, but it is impossible to do so without using negative energy, and it is impossible to get negative energy.

Gotcha.

Nope, my consciousness has branched universes many times since my last post. Check out the article. It's not about lightspeed and wormholes, it's about quantum mechanics.

Edited by JedTech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-06-08 at 2:58 PM, JedTech said:

Just because humans labeled the universe with a word implying one, does not mean there is only one. Here is a theory which postulates that you may be reading this in a different universe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-minds_interpretation

That's an interesting read, if only it wasn't met with scoffs and silliness here; a tad disconcerting.

But nonetheless, neat mod. We can never have too many physics-adjusting mods, since they often have the most significant effects on gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now