What new parts should they add?

2.5m nuclear thermal rocket engine along with a set of 2.5m pure-LF tanks and a double-length Mk 1 LF fuselage.

1.25m ion engine along with longer xenon tanks.

2.5m SRB.

3.75m command pod, probe core, reaction wheel module, parachute, service bay, and battery (anything I miss?).

More size & shape options for monoprop tanks, double- and quad-length versions of the Oscar-B tank like the other sizes get, and a 2.5m toroidal LFO tank.

Longer in-line batteries. Stacking 10 of the stock ones together is a waste of partcount.

For the same reason as above, a heavier version of the RCS block.

Capacitors like from the Near Future modpack.

More structural options (trusses, panels), and a reduction in their mass.

Mk 1 cargo bay.

I'll be here all day thinking of things, so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Guest

There's already tons of awesome suggestions for parts that would fill in some gaps. Not so much of a necessity for me would be more parts geared towards exploring oceans, and also biomes for depth/the bottom of a body of liquid would be sweet. 

On 6/7/2016 at 4:13 PM, luizopiloto said:

Robotic Parts... :3

Parts inspired by Infernal Robotics would be great.

Strong, locking docking ports would also be nice. 

The biggest thing KSP is missing right now is adequate parts to design for reentry. None of the heat shields can be refurbished outside of the VAB/SPH and they aren't very flexible to use. 

AIRBRAKES equivalents that are much larger and actually work to increase drag on reentry or aerocapture would be great, or some other parts to selectively increase ship drag. 

Also, some way to paint-on thermal tiling for parts so you don't have to disregard half the part catalog on reentry because of the arbitrary skin temperature limits. (Pay cost + mass for higher skin temp limits?)

Maybe also radial fairings for parts mounted radially?

Reentry is the one mechanic that was added after the part catalog was mostly complete, where the current selection of parts doesn't remotely reflect what should be present if reentry scenarios had been a concern from day 1.

Probe and rover camera modules. Just simple, repeatable science parts that give equal science for transmitting versus recovery. Maybe make it per biome like the Gravioli so you can do flyover photos of, say, Duna's Canyons.

I would like to see some new science parts. Specifically, some parts which are designed for the science to be transmitted by a probe (including lander probes) and some other science parts which have limited numbers of resets and must be returned home to get any data at all. I feel like this would bring about more of a need for probes, and also introduce more variety in missions.

• 2 weeks later...

The same parts we already have, but then with another type of design. I dont say we need to replace the stock parts, but just make a different style you can choose from. I would like at least a Soviet style in the game. That would look pretty cool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.