Maneuver nodes not available

I keep getting into a situation where I cannot select any points along my orbital path. I believe it's due to me changing  the flight control mode by accident. Problem is the. Control setup is crap and I can't seem to get the controls back to normal. L1/r1 And triangle doesn't do anything. Anyone else run Into this yet and if so did you figure out how to fix it? Ive had to abort my first career because of it And now it's just happened in my second.

Oh and lol who thought making the multiplier buttons the same as the focus buttons was a good idea? And how the hell did that make it through testing 

Edited by MaxPrime
Very poor spelling

Ya no not in career and I'm a long time PC player so I get that part. First I thought it was the was changing the flight controls to advanced but I just had it happen again and this time I was sitting not even playing just eating chips and zoning out on the screen. 

To be clear for anyone else reading this it is happening to me mid flight after I've already used the nodes then seemingly randomly they are inaccessible 

5 hours ago, MaxPrime said:

Oh and lol who thought making the multiplier buttons the same as the focus buttons was a good idea? And how the hell did that make it through testing 

I've noticed many new PS4 players on twitch mistakenly cycling through all the planets focus-on views when they're fiddling in map mode.   Is that what you mean? 

3 hours ago, klesh said:

I've noticed many new PS4 players on twitch mistakenly cycling through all the planets focus-on views when they're fiddling in map mode.   Is that what you mean? 

Ya exactly, if you don't hold the button long enough you end up focused on the sun, you'd think I would just learn to hold it longer but nope, guess I'm a slow learner

This is happening to me as well. I used one maneuver node to get into orbit, but now it won't let me select any point in my orbit to make a second maneuver. Poor Jebediah is stuck around Kerbal and I don't want to "eyeball" it!

Can you try just quicksaving and quickloading, rather than restarting the game, as sometimes the orbit solver has trouble resolving points on your orbit but reloading the scene resets the solver.

This is also the case on PC.

Despite my maneuver mode working previously, it's now gone completely, no amount of ship switching and saving will bring it back.

I also notice the "T- **s" tooltip from the apsis marker has also disappeared.

Edited by danowat

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same last night, got it on the xbox and pc so I know what i'm doing too, seems there is something it doesn't like when you do pins. I tried to pin a couple of thermometers and it did the first set of instruments fine (barometer thermometer and goo) but the moment I tried adding a second thermometer I couldn't right click anything. Nothing on the vessel was accessible and I had to reload. Then later when I was doing a rendezvous I had the distance on intercept pinned while changing a manoeuvre node and again it glitched out leaving nothing accessible via right click.

Edit: and I agree Its annoying as hell having that left bumper change ya focus on the map mode if that's what you mean. especially when it resets to zoomed fully out when you right bumper back. There are a few little things I hope they can fix, Wouldn't mind a way to map the buttons, especially would like to invert the x and y controls, they seem wrong, and who thought left trigger to go up was a good idea, right trigger always means more, left less.. Would love to see my thrust to weight ratios in the VAB, dunno if that was a Mechjeb thing or not. Oh how I miss Mechjeb..

Edited by Titan696

On July 19, 2016 at 8:15 PM, DigitalPunk said:

Same thing happened to me on PS4. Quick Saving and Loading and also Quiting to main menu and loading back does not fix it. You HAVE to quit the game completely and restart. 

You do not have to quit, at least on pc.   Did you try to switch to another ship and back?

yeah you really do need to quit the game and reload, the gui bugs out completely, I tried switching ship, reloading a save and quitting out, only thing that fixed it was restarting the game. Had it one time with a guy stuck on the ladder, couldn't save it, couldn't swap ships, nothing was clickable. just had to let go and float to quicksave, when i restarted he was back in the ship. It doesn't like switching between local ships and people, anyone else finding that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2016 at 8:20 PM, MaxPrime said:

Ya exactly, if you don't hold the button long enough you end up focused on the sun, you'd think I would just learn to hold it longer but nope, guess I'm a slow learner

So I do this ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Super. Annoying. I'm like "Yeah, I wanna look at that ship there! Oh wait, no, that's the sun. Lb to zoom... Nope the Sun again >:( , Zoom PLS? Nope. Grr."

I ran in to this yesterday again. Im on PC and on my way to duna.. This only seems to occur when youre on collision course with a planet. And only during interplanetary flight, at least for me.. Tried l whole punch of tricks. nothing helped. Only after i got to duna SOI it allowed me to do maneuver node.

Whoops this was console thread..

Edited by Jarkko279

On 7/18/2016 at 5:44 AM, sal_vager said:

Can you try just quicksaving and quickloading, rather than restarting the game, as sometimes the orbit solver has trouble resolving points on your orbit but reloading the scene resets the solver.

This is also the case on PC.

This did not work for me.

On 7/14/2016 at 1:00 PM, MaxPrime said:

I keep getting into a situation where I cannot select any points along my orbital path. I believe it's due to me changing  the flight control mode by accident. Problem is the. Control setup is crap and I can't seem to get the controls back to normal. L1/r1 And triangle doesn't do anything. Anyone else run Into this yet and if so did you figure out how to fix it? Ive had to abort my first career because of it And now it's just happened in my second.

This same thing has happened to me on the XBox at least 4 or 5 times. Each time I have been in map view, had an active maneuver node on the orbit path, been attempting to change direction and when I release A, a new window pops up for something that was underneath the active handle. When I close that box I am no longer able to use any of the A buttons functions. 

My first experience with this game has been on the console this week. I absolutely LOVE it. Enough to constantly quit and reload the game, which is the only solution I have found.

It is possible to quicksave after the bug occures and resume from there with full functionality after a game restart.

Being new to this game, it is possible I'm entering a view/mode change that I am unaware of, but I have not been able to determine what has changed.

• 4 months later...
On 7/14/2016 at 1:00 PM, MaxPrime said:

This is exactly what happens to me on my PS4. It seems to be like a shift in the controls or something and suddenly I am unable to select a node or anything on my ship. This basically happens to me almost every flight, especially if they are anywhere outside of kerbin's gravity (but it has also happened in kerbins orbit as well).

What seems to happen is when I'm trying to adjust a manuever, I hold down X when moving the retrograde or anything else, and when the mouse seems to line up with an orbit line as well and I release X it accidentally selects the orbit line and prompts you to set a node or warp time. I always ignore these of course but when I seem to back out quickly and spam O out of frustration that's when my ability to place a node or even select ANYTHING disappears and you can really see a shift in the control system like something changed. It's as if too much happens at one time for ksp to keep up with it.

Loading a quick save never seems to work to fix it and I am yet to find a solution without quitting the game. If you check the bug page this isn't even marked as a bug. So if anyone knows anyone with access to that, please report it because it can ruin career modes and make the game almost unplayable. 

Edited by 52josealex

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.