I Love KSP for PS4

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:28 PM, RamptantFlamingo247 said:

Flying planes?  Well, PC has it's advantages and PS4 has it's advantages as well but I've noticed the controls for the PS4 while flying a plane is just too touchy.  You'd think, for example, moving the joystick to the right halfway between center and full lock would produce the same result in game with the yaw function, however, moving the joystick on the PS4 controller only control how fast the aero functions actually move, not so much how far they move (unless you're very touchy and limited with how much you move it, and coming from a player who's spent most of his recent years in gaming on FPS, I think that's saying a lot)

I suspect I really should make room for my joystick and just keep the PS4 controller on the PS4.  BTW I have to use my PC lying down due to back problems, but frankly even if I could I doubt I would go back to sitting at a desk, though for writing it's more convenient to not have to have the keyboard in you lap. 

It would make sense for KSP to be 1080 like you say.

On 7/17/2016 at 5:19 AM, RamptantFlamingo247 said:

This is why I love to play KSP on the PS4

-I can play it laying on/against the couch relaxed

-I can play it with my friends much more easily now

-The PS4 provides a very steady frame rate (I was surprised tbh...) I have yet in my career mode to launch a ship that slows down the system so much that it's impossible or not fun to play the game.

-I can now play for hours and enjoy every minute of it because of how relaxed I'm able to play it.  An hour or an hour and a half sitting behind a desk is a lot for someone like myself, but laying down on a couch in a somewhat slow game like KSP means it's much more enjoyable for me

I will be fair...there are cons

-The controls are kind of wonky, definitely not as easy as they are on the PC

-If you love mods in your KSP game...yeah that's not happening here.  Personally I don't mind, but I know some people out there do

But all in all, PS4 will become my new platform to play KSP

On 7/20/2016 at 4:28 AM, RamptantFlamingo247 said:

*ignoring all the PCMR baiters...*

Well we all have our preference as to where we play our PC games, but, from what I know, most PC players sit at a desk or of the like.  I was one of those as well.  Consoles do put a larger emphasis on "couch gaming" as well but that's in no way saying that PC's are unable to do so :)

You do realize why there are so many PCMR baiters, right? Your first post was a bait, everyone just followed suit.
See, in the eyes of the Piece-Sea-Mustard-Rice, non of those pro's you mentioned are an advantage of consoles. PC's just have a social stigma describing how they should be used...no one has to use them any different than console if they don't want to.

* you probably didn't intend for the thread to become PCMR, but it goes both ways.
I am still happy for all the new players coming to KSP :D(it's damn hard convincing people to try out the game!)

Glad to hear that the console version wasn't the big fireball (in a bad way) that a lot of people said it would be. If I had a console, I would definitely have it. Sidenote: I play on a laptop, so I get to have the couch and the WASD mousey goodness.

On 7/16/2016 at 11:19 PM, RamptantFlamingo247 said:

This is why I love to play KSP on the PS4

-I can play it with my friends much more easily now

But all in all, PS4 will become my new platform to play KSP

Of course, you learned to play KSP on the PC then took those skills to the PS4.  I've watched some of Scott Manley play PS4, and it is pretty scary.  If Scott Manley has trouble getting into orbit (with what, three consecutive failures)?  What chance do newbies have against both the KSP-cosoles and the issues of "learning rocket science" teamed up against them.  I've certainly heard griping on fark.com's "friday gaming thread" about people trying to learn KSP on consoles.

I suspect that anyone who can master KSP on PS4/XBox1 in its current configuration (not after flying tiger/Squad relents and allows keyboard/mouse control) could truly be called a member of the "master race" (and I'd suspect green skin and either "Jeb" or "Valentina" as a name).

Im happy you like the PS4 Edition. Im a PC gamer, but im not a PC masterace gamer. I still like PC edition because you can install mods. But you have a different opinion. Im not trying to change that in any way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.