Search And Rescue

TMasterson5

4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

what is up with the download link? I get 4 zip files name 1.zip, 2.zip, 3.zip, 4.zip - they are all different sizes but they all have the same change log so I don't even know :huh:

always go with the most recent version, I keep old versions there as well so that people can backpedal if an update breaks a craft or the game or what not

3 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

always go with the most recent version

And I determine that how? Like I said, every single one has the same change log. How is that even possible if they are supposed to be different versions?

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

And I determine that how? Like I said, every single one has the same change log. How is that even possible if they are supposed to be different versions?

the easiest way is go by the highest number is the most recent, if you want to double check change it from grid to list sort(top right corner of page above the files) and look at the modified dates.

On 4/17/2017 at 0:59 PM, TMasterson5 said:

Screenshot?

Sorry to get back so late, spotty internet, I had earlier modified your smokestacks to the festive shipbuilding color scheme so I could use them when I downloaded the pack again it applied that modified texture instead of the correct one, I ended up fixing it by moving the texture from the helicopter parts to the affected files, thanks for getting back so quick though and I love the mod. On another note does the hangar still extend or did I just miss how to do it?

Edited by KodiaksFury

1 hour ago, KodiaksFury said:

Sorry to get back so late, spotty internet, I had earlier modified your smokestacks to the festive shipbuilding color scheme so I could use them when I downloaded the pack again it applied that modified texture instead of the correct one, I ended up fixing it by moving the texture from the helicopter parts to the affected files, thanks for getting back so quick though and I love the mod. On another note does the hangar still extend or did I just miss how to do it?

It should? I have t changed the model or anything for the extending hanger in forever

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 4:51 PM, KodiaksFury said:

On another note does the hangar still extend or did I just miss how to do it?

On second look actually it looks as though I edited that and it isnt included anymore. Ill work on reincluding it soon

On 5/21/2017 at 4:07 PM, SpaceIsCool said:

Does this mod work for 1.2.2?

What the Irishman said

On 5/21/2017 at 11:05 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

yes

Thanks!

On 5/29/2017 at 8:59 PM, Potato3478 said:

I hope this gets made for 1.3! :)

Honestly it *should* work fine in 1.3 as is. However I do plan to ensure it does and update it accordingly once we get a stable 1.3 release in the coming weeks. Until then however it wont be worked on as I dont want to spend hours fixing things just for them to be re-broken by further 1.3.X updates

50 minutes ago, Potato3478 said:

Btw NKD, a required mod for Blue hawk In. Doesn't Work for 1.3 which, is what Im using...

Unless, of course You magically recompiled it.

Repost, but it's only required if you want the the nuclear weapons to work. And I don't support 1.3 yet so bugs are bound to be present

On 6/7/2017 at 0:37 AM, Potato3478 said:

which ones are nuclear? because i need to remove those

you can keep them it wont effect the game at all, they just wont produce nuclear blasts

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

For @TMasterson5 - why not use Firespitter texture switcher? I've made small pack from your's #8 zip (just small boats and their stuff) which uses only 2 texture files for the whole parts.
Here is example config of SmallBoat2 hull (I moved .mu files and textures to "Assets folder), my changes are coloured in green:

Spoiler

PART
{
// --- general parameters ---
    name = smallBoatHull
    module = Part
    author = TMasterson5
// --- asset parameters ---
    MODEL
    {
        model = SAR/Assets/SB1hull
        scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
    }

rescaleFactor = 2.2
    node_attach = 0.0, -0.01, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0    
    TechRequired = aviation
    entryCost = 2600
    cost = 5000
    category = Propulsion
    subcategory = 0
    title = Small Boat Hull
    manufacturer = SAFE Boats International
    description = The Defender-class boat, also called Response Boat – Small (RB-S) and Response Boat – Homeland Security (RB-HS), is a standard boat introduced by the United States Coast Guard in 2002. The boats serve a variety of missions, including search and rescue, port security and law enforcement duties and replaces a variety of smaller non-standard boats. The design length of the hull is 25 feet and the boat is officially referred to as such. However, the overall length with engines mounted is approximately 29 feet (8.8 m). Powered by twin 225 hp (168 kW) outboard motors, they are capable of speeds in excess of 46 knots (85 km/h) and have a range of 150 to 175 nautical miles (324 km), depending on the class. The boat requires a minimum crew of two persons, but has a carrying capacity for 10 persons. The boat is easily trailerable and can be transported by a C-130 Hercules aircraft or truck. Although similar in appearance to a rigid-hulled inflatable boat, the Defender is actually an aluminum-hulled vessel, equipped with a rigid foam-filled flotation collar. The boats are built by SAFE Boats International (Secure All-around Flotation Equipped) of Port Orchard, Washington, a vendor of government and law enforcement boats.
    attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
    mass = 3.0
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.1
    minimum_drag = 0.1
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 100
    breakingForce = 100
    breakingTorque = 100
    maxTemp = 2500 // = 3000
    emissiveConstant = 0.1
    fuelCrossFeed = True
    bulkheadProfiles = size1
    tags = SAR
    buoyancy=1.5

MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        moduleID = 0
        objectNames = frontWall;leftWall_000;leftWall_001;leftWall_002;leftWall_005
        textureNames = SAR/Assets/SARTexture;SAR/Assets/SARMTexture
        textureDisplayNames = Normal;Military
        nextButtonText = Next Color
        prevButtonText = Previous Color
        statusText = Current Color
        showPreviousButton = true
        updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = false
        debugMode = false
        // show or hide the List Objects button. Disabled by default. Should only be on while developing the part. Outputs a list of gameObjects in the part to the Alt+F12 log
        showListButton = false
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = LiquidFuel
        amount = 300
        maxAmount = 300
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 100
        maxAmount = 100
    }    
}

The most troublesome part was to find all objects for texture switcher("objectNames ="), but now it works like a charm...

13 minutes ago, Warro said:

For @TMasterson5 - why not use Firespitter texture switcher? I've made small pack from your's #8 zip (just small boats and their stuff) which uses only 2 texture files for the whole parts.
Here is example config of SmallBoat2 hull (I moved .mu files and textures to "Assets folder), my changes are coloured in green:

Reveal hidden contents

PART
{
    name = smallBoatHull
    module = Part
    author = TMasterson5
    MODEL
    {
        scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
    }

rescaleFactor = 2.2
    TechRequired = aviation
    entryCost = 2600
    cost = 5000
    category = Propulsion
    subcategory = 0
    title = Small Boat Hull
    description = The Defender-class boat, also called Response Boat – Small (RB-S) and Response Boat – Homeland Security (RB-HS), is a standard boat introduced by the United States Coast Guard in 2002. The boats serve a variety of missions, including search and rescue, port security and law enforcement duties and replaces a variety of smaller non-standard boats. The design length of the hull is 25 feet and the boat is officially referred to as such. However, the overall length with engines mounted is approximately 29 feet (8.8 m). Powered by twin 225 hp (168 kW) outboard motors, they are capable of speeds in excess of 46 knots (85 km/h) and have a range of 150 to 175 nautical miles (324 km), depending on the class. The boat requires a minimum crew of two persons, but has a carrying capacity for 10 persons. The boat is easily trailerable and can be transported by a C-130 Hercules aircraft or truck. Although similar in appearance to a rigid-hulled inflatable boat, the Defender is actually an aluminum-hulled vessel, equipped with a rigid foam-filled flotation collar. The boats are built by SAFE Boats International (Secure All-around Flotation Equipped) of Port Orchard, Washington, a vendor of government and law enforcement boats.
    attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
    mass = 3.0
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.1
    minimum_drag = 0.1
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 100
    breakingForce = 100
    breakingTorque = 100
    maxTemp = 2500 // = 3000
    emissiveConstant = 0.1
    fuelCrossFeed = True
    bulkheadProfiles = size1
    tags = SAR
    buoyancy=1.5

MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        moduleID = 0
        updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = false
        debugMode = false
        // show or hide the List Objects button. Disabled by default. Should only be on while developing the part. Outputs a list of gameObjects in the part to the Alt+F12 log
        showListButton = false
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = LiquidFuel
        amount = 300
        maxAmount = 300
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 100
        maxAmount = 100
    }    
}

The most troublesome part was to find all objects for texture switcher("objectNames ="), but now it works like a charm...

Mostly because its already done the way it is now and I dont have the time to spend to go through each and every single part and compile the transform names of every single object(some of which are quite complex) Also the mod uses more than just two plain textures so it is far more easy to just leave it how it is since it works fine the way it is currently than to go through and do all the work to arrive at the same exact result.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to be compatible with BD Armory features added as part of the "v1.0.0 - Under the radar, over the horizon" update. If you are still using an older version of BD Armory do not download any future updates, they are not backwards compatible. I will keep the backwards compatible version at the download link as well as new ones so if youre running an old version simply grab the outdated download. If youre running the newest BD Armory updates, grab the newest updates. 

I am also about 100% sure there will be bugs/issues with this version, so please let me know here if there is. Thanks and enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 10:20 PM, Warro said:

Reveal hidden contents

PART
{
    name = smallBoatHull
    module = Part
    author = TMasterson5
    MODEL
    {
        scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
    }

rescaleFactor = 2.2
    TechRequired = aviation
    entryCost = 2600
    cost = 5000
    category = Propulsion
    subcategory = 0
    title = Small Boat Hull
    attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
    mass = 3.0
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.1
    minimum_drag = 0.1
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 100
    breakingForce = 100
    breakingTorque = 100
    maxTemp = 2500 // = 3000
    emissiveConstant = 0.1
    fuelCrossFeed = True
    bulkheadProfiles = size1
    tags = SAR
    buoyancy=1.5

MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        moduleID = 0
        updateSymmetry = true
        showInfo = false
        debugMode = false
        showListButton = false
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = LiquidFuel
        amount = 300
        maxAmount = 300
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 100
        maxAmount = 100
    }    
}

Release #11 is now available at the download link. This is a big one, bringing in @Warro's suggestion to use the firespitter texture switch. The superstructure models have also been redone a bit to fix some edge split issues. The hangers will receive the same soon. BE WARNED the WILL break saved vessels if you were using the standard SAR texture prior to this. If you were using the military half, you might be safe, but thats a large might and I in no way promise that either will not break. Firespitter is now included with the download also for ease of access for everyone. There is bound to be issues with this one so please please please let me know if there is and enjoy!

• 5 months later...