Your first screenshot

The_Rocketeer

1 hour ago, Awaras said:

Oldest one I could find, sometime just after persistence was introduced, before landing legs were a thing...

59skgp.png

Man, this makes me nostalgic for the old in-development look. It would be awesome if some of these scruffy old textures came back in as 'experimental' versions e.g. for contracts :)

My first two screen-shots were just the inside of the Mk1 cockpit because I had accidentally hit V and did not know how to get out of it.  Looks like it was taken the day I started playing

Two weeks later I was trying to improve on a flying launchpad someone had posted to the forums:(if you can find that thread, you can view the whole album)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6JrTR4-h1jVYTh5UDdoeDBpdlE

4 hours ago, Awaras said:

Oldest one I could find, sometime just after persistence was introduced, before landing legs were a thing...

59skgp.png

Heh, just noticed that the bottom left lander indeed HAS landing legs, so it must be from whenever they were included... My bad.

But those winglets on the other two landers were one of the ways we used to work around the no-landing-legs thing before that.

Edited by Awaras

4 hours ago, Terwin said:

My first two screen-shots were just the inside of the Mk1 cockpit because I had accidentally hit V and did not know how to get out of it.  Looks like it was taken the day I started playing

Two weeks later I was trying to improve on a flying launchpad someone had posted to the forums:(if you can find that thread, you can view the whole album)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6JrTR4-h1jVYTh5UDdoeDBpdlE

Ahh, that makes me nostalgic for the souposphere.

Might as well throw mine into the pot:

M76TtDy.png

Dated 21 January 2012; KSP version 0.13.3 (a.k.a. the old old demo). Those were the days! There was basically nothing to do except try to land on the Mun, and once I did I quickly got bored and uninstalled it, not to come back until about two years later xD

I guess I can take a bit of pride in the fact that I made an SSTO rocket. Yes, I'm an SSTO hipster who made SSTOs before SSTOs were supposed to be a thing ;P

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-mCRVSPqSWkRlFfSHJ1dDM4WG8

The oldest screenshot I can find from my hard drive. I didn't take much screenshots back then, so it's not very big surprise, if that picture really is my first. Probably i've taken some accidental screenshots before that, but deleted them. I used that screenshot as my avatar (I had cropped the interface away) for a long time, before I recently made new one.

Edited by Arni01

On 9/16/2016 at 8:38 AM, The_Rocketeer said:

Man, this makes me nostalgic for the old in-development look. It would be awesome if some of these scruffy old textures came back in as 'experimental' versions e.g. for contracts :)

Maybe this?

And I agree: a redone contract pack using the older parts as "experimental" ones would be sweet

The absolute oldest was of a Mun landing in the demo, but I can't find that one, so here's what I'm pretty sure is my first Duna landing, from almost 3 years ago:

FfvUJIl.png

I can tell it's from the early days because I apparently hadn't learned that F2 hides all that junk on the screen; that's why there's several ancient mod popups awkwardly shoved to the bottom. PuntJeb was a velocity tracker for Kerbals (long before the EVA Navball became a thing) and VOID was a KER-esque mod, which I needed for this mission to target the mothership. Because I hadn't figured out how to show debris in the map, or that putting a probe core on the mothership would have made it not debris. Heh heh...

But yes, my first Duna mission had a separate transfer stage--note the docking port on the bottom of the lander--because it seemed necessary (it isn't) and I had done docking in Orbiter a bunch of times. KSP docking was much harder to get the hang of, for some reason. Probably the lack of instrumentation... and the wobbling...

Bonus shot of Bill regretting his life choices:

ZUwOdc4.png

My first screenshot is a bit more mundane than many others here: it's a screenshot of my first orbit, back in June 2013 (this was 0.20).

There was a definite sense of achievement in getting to orbit for the first time. And it heralded many others that would come later (I remember my first Mun landing and my first docking).

UkbDA7r.jpg

Edited by Meithan

W05aQMN.jpg

From when I first figure out how to install Mods... and apparently the screenshot button. c. 2013

This was my huge Capital ship the "SS Verdent (Verdun? Veridian? Something like that) (Huge as in, the launcher to get that into orbit was insane, cause it had to go up in one piece, 2013 me did not know how docking works)

With the Kethane Mod, and a limitless source of Fuel, I planned to go far, I would finally reach another planet, first we would go to Duna... then maybe Jool! There were big expectations for that mission...

It ended up running out of fuel once I got to the Mun... (planned to deploy the mining ship, and top of before Duna..) the "SS Something that begins with a V" ended its short career crashing into the surface of the Mun... taking 7 Kerbals with it...

Still haven't made it to Duna :/

Trolled through my backups and discovered my first version was 0.18

My first (recoverable) OS screenshot was September 15 2013:

6t1Kraq.png

My first in-game screenshot was September 29 2013:

q9Q5vf9.jpg

My first captures were made using MacOS's Cmd-Shift-4 to grab them so they'd be tougher to track down (but not impossible).  It was such a reflex to hit those three keys that it superceded the KSP memory that Shift was bound to thrust.  Things went ugly a few times but then I started to shutdown the engines to allow that Cmd-Shift-4 to take place.

Then I discovered F1.  Then all the F-keys: F2. F5!  F9!!!

barney-mind-blown.gif

Edited by Trann
I love backups, don't you?

The AAA Munar Tank, which made it's debut on the runway of the KSC. Although intended for the Mun, it drives much better on Kerbin and other planets with similar gravity. The little thrusters are useful for mobility, though. Like landing on the the top of the Vertical Craft Structure.

Hover%20tank_zpsdoxaswhj.png

I think this was my first screenshot, the first that I knew of, anyway. And the ones I did not know of were, personally, embarrassing. Part #1 in the craft creation process, that sort of thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.