Your first screenshot

The_Rocketeer

5 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

My first screenshot is lost to the midst of time, but the earliest pics I have are here.

That's an awesome album sal_vager. Looking thru it almost feels like reading a history book.

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

Much aero. Very streamlined. Wow.

Lol, pancakes eh? But credit where it's due, Eve ascent is still one I haven't chalked up yet* - I always have such good intentions and then find something else to do on Kerbin instead.

*Not strictly true - I've ascended from Eve, I just haven't achieved orbit.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

2 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

That's an awesome album sal_vager. Looking thru it almost feels like reading a history book.

And on reading it myself I realized it's not the oldest, the second craft I posted was this one.

The first was a modded craft, and while the thread is gone, this pic remains.

5 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars! said:

interesting...mine are probably pretty much the same, now deep in my overcluttered documents folder.

Let's see let's see!

It's really fascinating seeing the moments of KSP that people first decided to record, and seeing the various crafts that folks had slung together in their noobish naivity unenlightened undeveloped Kerbal infancies.

The earliest screen shot I have is from my main save, which was created less than a year ago. However, I've been playing for about 2 years, so it's obviously not the first. That one was unfortunately lost to oblivion via PC upgrades and a hard drive corruption.

This one is still quite beautiful.

XpJ2Ijw.png

My first ever KSP screenshot, taken in the demo before I bought the full game. Probably around version 0.20 early 2013.

It was my first intact Mun landing and the feeling was the single greatest moment in my gaming history!

Here are also 900 old KSP pics, not my more recent craft though: MANY OLD KSP PICS

D52BB3B54814A681B2F0FBA2C24C1D8E8DBD77BE

Edited by Majorjim!

Screenshot0 dated 12.01.2013 for KSP 0.18 is an high speed intercept of some type, I guess Moho as it predates asteroids.
FlEk4T5h.png

Second two days later is an IVA scene who makes no sense, next is an docking tutorial. Guess the IVA is from it too.
yP2qUMBh.png
Followed by an successful docking who is better than an rapidly expanding cloud. 

Fast forward 3 weeks and I landed an rover on Gilly
bWNUJfOh.png
Loved that mod, an small probe rover before we had stock wheels. 

This is probably my second Eve mission the first managed the epic action if crashing with Gilly with 3 crafts :)

This is pure nostalgia, looking back on landing an probe close to the kraken and dying hitting Jool surface. 

11 hours ago, The_Rocketeer said:

Into the unexpected! :D I don't think anybody going to Minmus after Mun expect it to be so easy!

@LordFerret ah yes, the giant Mystery Goo experiments. I'd almost forgotten... anyway, is that the southern ice-cap or the northern?

It was the northern ice cap. A suborbital flight, I hadn't even made a successful orbit of Kerbin yet.

9 hours ago, The_Rocketeer said:

It's really fascinating seeing the moments of KSP that people first decided to record, and seeing the various crafts that folks had slung together in their noobish naivity unenlightened undeveloped Kerbal infancies.

Heheh, "decided".  Here's my first:

jjr9Bt2.png

An accidental and terribly-lit shot of some little probe craft from .19.

this is my first screenshot in my facebook photo gallery called "Kerbal Space Program"... when i check the design of the lander i'm completley sure that this is an early build of mine. it was 0.23.5 and worked very well. i think i will recreate that for nostalgia. otherwise i still have the craft and the save :D

10518011_10204790448148044_3792047550251

Here is my first screenshot, from Feb 2014 (my brain seems to remember that was version 0.19?).  Somehow I was able to make a planetary rendezvous with Eve back before I learned anything about orbital mechanics.  Eve was the first planet I visited, and the thrill of discovery was fantastic!

This shot is during an aerobraking maneuver, and the green and purple atmospheric effects paired with the plasma heating around my spacecraft made me feel like I was visiting a truly alien world.

BCXZ1b4.png

Well, inspired by this thread, here's my first intentional screenshot.

I... have come a long, long way in rocket design since then. Look ma, no fairings! As well, the screenshot following this one depict the beginning of the ascent, complete with 10-15km 45 degree "gravity turn" like we all used to do in the soup-o-sphere.

6JoATa2.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.