Devnote Thursday: Tweaking and Turning Gears

SQUAD

How will the 1.1.3 career saves be affected by the new 1.2 upcoming update? Will we have to start over or will they be added to existing saves?

Edit: As I play the pre-launch 1.2 test version now, when I open existing saves from 1.1.3 to continue on career mode, I don't (can't) see the relay network option. Is that a bug or is intended to work like this, since it cannot fully recognize the old saves?

Edited by ygr3ku

3 hours ago, ygr3ku said:

Edit: As I play the pre-launch 1.2 test version now, when I open existing saves from 1.1.3 to continue on career mode, I don't (can't) see the relay network option. Is that a bug or is intended to work like this, since it cannot fully recognize the old saves?

Commnet is optional.

So I assume (and hope) that it's default off for old saves.

21 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

So I assume (and hope) that it's default off for old saves.

So that means that If I want to play career mode in 1.2, I will have to start over? Or will it be (i hope) an option to turn it on/off for old saves? Waiting for someone (devs, maybe...) to clear this up for me/us, if any of them has the pleasure to do so.

58 minutes ago, ygr3ku said:

So that means that If I want to play career mode in 1.2, I will have to start over? Or will it be (i hope) an option to turn it on/off for old saves? Waiting for someone (devs, maybe...) to clear this up for me/us, if any of them has the pleasure to do so.

Super stoked for the changes. The ladder slide bug fix is about time, the stock comms system sounds fantastic

Check your options settings. I believe it defaults to off for existing saves. There's also some other new settings options you should explore :)

Just now, metl said:

I believe it defaults to off for existing saves.

It is off, that's the problem. I can't figure it out how to turn it ON on my old 1.1.3 save, while playing the pre-release 1.2 test version (if that's possible to turn on)

It's all milk and honey on new 1.2 career or sandbox mode, but not on old saves. Can it be turned on? If so, how?

3 hours ago, ygr3ku said:

It is off, that's the problem. I can't figure it out how to turn it ON on my old 1.1.3 save, while playing the pre-release 1.2 test version (if that's possible to turn on)

It's all milk and honey on new 1.2 career or sandbox mode, but not on old saves. Can it be turned on? If so, how?

Try your Space Center settings menu. Otherwise, open up the save file and find the line pertaining to Kerbnet.

4 hours ago, ygr3ku said:

52 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Try your Space Center settings menu. Otherwise, open up the save file and find the line pertaining to Kerbnet.

This. You're looking for a block of code that looks like this:

DIFFICULTY
		{
			AutoHireCrews = False
			MissingCrewsRespawn = True
			RespawnTimer = 7200
			BypassEntryPurchaseAfterResearch = False
			AllowStockVessels = False
			IndestructibleFacilities = False
			ResourceAbundance = 1
			ReentryHeatScale = 1
			EnableCommNet = True
		}

That last line for you is probably "False". Change it to "True." But note you'll probably have some difficulties when it comes time to control your probes that are currently in flight :) 

On 9/20/2016 at 3:33 AM, 5thHorseman said:

But note you'll probably have some difficulties when it comes time to control your probes that are currently in flight 

That won't be a problem as I want to launch my netcomm relay satelite first. I'm way high on my science so I guess that won't be a problem. Thanks for your help. Editing the last quicksave then reloading it after I started the game fixed this issue (that after modifying the existing save)/ I have to mention, if anyone else have the same problem, that I didn't had that option on the save, but I pasted it from you reply, then reload the last quicksave (F9) and now it's all fine.

Thanks again for your help, providing that save code line. Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.