PS4 Patch?

This game has been a major hit for my children. The constant freezing of the game frustrates us all. They want to build former/current/future space missions and probes. We have been waiting patiently for any word about fixing the broken product you sold us. Closing in on 3 month since release and all we really hear from you is about the PC 1.2 update. Honestly, we didn't pay $40 to beta test your game. What makes it even more frustrating is you have dozens of people working on the PC update and only 1 (that I have found) on the PS4 Patch. Have been seriously considering the PC version for my children, but you can't provide us with any confidence that these types of disasters won't happen again. In all seriousness, I am not sure what company has made it worse, you or Hello Games, with No Man's Sky. Both were released around the same time and both have had the same level of dismissal to what they claimed they offered. Extremely disappointing...

19 minutes ago, CasperGhost said:

This game has been a major hit for my children. The constant freezing of the game frustrates us all. They want to build former/current/future space missions and probes. We have been waiting patiently for any word about fixing the broken product you sold us. Closing in on 3 month since release and all we really hear from you is about the PC 1.2 update. Honestly, we didn't pay $40 to beta test your game. What makes it even more frustrating is you have dozens of people working on the PC update and only 1 (that I have found) on the PS4 Patch. Have been seriously considering the PC version for my children, but you can't provide us with any confidence that these types of disasters won't happen again. In all seriousness, I am not sure what company has made it worse, you or Hello Games, with No Man's Sky. Both were released around the same time and both have had the same level of dismissal to what they claimed they offered. Extremely disappointing...

What about the children squad.

What about the children.

Today is the third month since release.  Seems the xbox patch which was only intended to fix one bug has failed, this together with the fact that they're porting the game to wii u means I wouldn't hold my breath for a ps4 patch.  A post on reddit from almost a year ago predicted this mess, https://m.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3slem9/concerns_about_ksps_console_portingflying_tiger/

Just demonstrates the kind of company FTE are.  The console ports are a cash grab pure and simple 

Squad is lying in the cheap penny pinching bed they made. As if anyone needed more reason to question Squad's integrity after : (INSERT ONE OF NUMEROUS CONTROVERSIES ABOUT SQUAD AS A COMPANY) on top of choosing FTE to port it.

You seen FTE's Web page lately? Looks like the product of a stoned 9th graders Web design course.

Edited by NuclearMikenetic

They are a complete joke.  Check out their Facebook page, a post from July says that a patch is coming soon.  Another from mid August says sorry the updates haven't been as frequent but a patch is coming very soon.  Then silence.  Really poor company, no wonder EA gave them the boot. Oh and one other thing, squad tried to get the game certified in the EU in August when they were well aware of the issues,  that's downright dishonesty in my book. Con artists. 

1 hour ago, RW1984 said:

They are a complete joke.  Check out their Facebook page, a post from July says that a patch is coming soon.  Another from mid August says sorry the updates haven't been as frequent but a patch is coming very soon.  Then silence.  Really poor company, no wonder EA gave them the boot. Oh and one other thing, squad tried to get the game certified in the EU in August when they were well aware of the issues,  that's downright dishonesty in my book. Con artists. 

That's such damming evidence. Trying to get something certified that has been shown to be defunct is some shady business practise. Glad European consumers haven't paid for this crap.

6 hours ago, CasperGhost said:

Welcome to the forums Casper. I wish it could have been under better circumstances. :(

The state of the game on consoles is indefensible, but for what it's worth the PC version of the game is in much better shape. I've found this game to be nothing short of life altering, and twelve year old me would have loved to play something like this with my Dad back in the day. If your kids already love it, and you have a computer that can handle it, I feel very comfortable saying it will be the best $40 you've ever spent. I understand not wanting to support a developer that can't seem to find their rear end with both hands, and in most cases I would be right there with you, but in this one rare instance I think it might be worth it to just bite the bullet. The game really is that good. 

On 12.10.2016 at 7:35 PM, NuclearMikenetic said:

That's such damming evidence. Trying to get something certified that has been shown to be defunct is some shady business practise. Glad European consumers haven't paid for this crap.

Only the PS4 customers were happy to be that way. We european ONE gamers were the same cheated as you all. This game was only released on the console to earn new money for further development of the PC version. I hate Squad for this bad business pactice and they hired a such unqualified crap company like FT to port their game. 

The most hate goes to Squad for their absolutly silence on this issues and that they just ignoring us console gamers but are happy to get the money from us stupid console games to further develop the PC version, while they ignoring the conosle port.

46 minutes ago, Monkey-CH said:

Only the PS4 customers were happy to be that way. We european ONE gamers were the same cheated as you all. This game was only released on the console to earn new money for further development of the PC version. I hate Squad for this bad business pactice and they hired a such unqualified crap company like FT to port their game. 

The most hate goes to Squad for their absolutly silence on this issues and that they just ignoring us console gamers but are happy to get the money from us stupid console games to further develop the PC version, while they ignoring the conosle port.

Well looks like no dev notes this week. I'm disappointed but not surprised. 1.2 is released so they don't need to communicate with their community.  Squad really don't care about the console community and I think they just see us as an irritation. There really should be consequences for this utter mess.

3 hours ago, RW1984 said:

Well looks like no dev notes this week.

At this point, any single post from RoverDude could be considered the (lone) Developer Note.  Really sad what a disaster the management at Squad has brought upon themselves.  

I wonder how the music studio and movie script I heard about awhile back are going?

I didn't want to say anything (so as not to jinx it) but I was afraid that after 1.2 came out for pc that would be the end of communications from squad.  Kinda seems like my fears were justified.  I think I will be petitioning Sony for a refund.  I have read that if you e-mail them and plead your case (game doesn't work) that they will issue a refund.  This makes me very sad, as this really is a wonderful game...well, it would be if it worked anyways.  Thanks for nothing squad.  Way to take the money and run.

2 hours ago, mibo22 said:

I didn't want to say anything (so as not to jinx it) but I was afraid that after 1.2 came out for pc that would be the end of communications from squad.  Kinda seems like my fears were justified.  I think I will be petitioning Sony for a refund.  I have read that if you e-mail them and plead your case (game doesn't work) that they will issue a refund.  This makes me very sad, as this really is a wonderful game...well, it would be if it worked anyways.  Thanks for nothing squad.  Way to take the money and run.

Well they've moved the dev notes to Fridays for now on. Don't expect much info on the console front though.  Absolutely everyone who was unfortunate enough to get this on console deserves a refund.  Frequent crashes, bugged display,  bugged controls, bugged manoeuvre nodes, terrible optimisation, the dreaded save curruption. No support for three months and counting. If that doesn't warrant a refund I don't know what does.

On 10/17/2016 at 4:44 PM, Invaderdave said:

I'm to the point where I may be considering looking into a class action lawsuit just to get a refund. I'm sure once their bank accounts are threatened they will begin to take this issue seriously. 

On 10/20/2016 at 8:11 AM, mibo22 said:

On 10/20/2016 at 11:03 AM, RW1984 said:

Well they've moved the dev notes to Fridays for now on. Don't expect much info on the console front though.  Absolutely everyone who was unfortunate enough to get this on console deserves a refund.  Frequent crashes, bugged display,  bugged controls, bugged manoeuvre nodes, terrible optimisation, the dreaded save curruption. No support for three months and counting. If that doesn't warrant a refund I don't know what does.

Right there with you guys. If no new info or a patch doesn't happen soon I'm going to inquire about a refund. The attention and lack of communication is a major issue with me. I really do love the game but my goodness what a mess. 

I am getting tired of fighting by Squad's side. Squad is not a AAA company. They are indie with less than 15 devs. They can't fix the Console and update the PC, which is where most of the KSP players play, at the same time. These angry console players should just get the PC version and play on that until the console versions. Or you could go play another game for a while if you can't be bothered to spend another 40 dollars on one of the best games ever. Or... you could just continue playing on console until the next patch is release and deal with it. Squad is trying their hardest to fix the game and you console players raging at them isn't helping.

Or just send the game back and ask for a refund. Just stop screaming at the dev team. I am sure they are working on the update but with a bunch of their team leaving recently, it cannot be easy to do.

Fire

Edited by Firemetal

Hi fire,

Squad have no excuse for releasing a game in this condition,  I don't care how many devs they have.  And almost four months since release and no patch?  Unacceptable. I'm curious though,  have you played the console version much?

2 hours ago, Firemetal said:

These angry console players should just get the PC version and play on that until the console versions.

So you're saying I should go give ANOTHER $40 to a company that released a game WAY before it should have been released, and then spend another, what, $800-$1500 for a PC that can handle this game?(a really awesome game, I agree with you there).  No thanks.  I am sick of people saying we should just be happy waiting.  I have already been waiting happily for over 4 months now.  I am not happy any more.  Maybe this is my age speaking, but back in my day it was not unreasonable for a person to expect a commercially released product to work the way it is meant to work starting day 1.  Paying a company my hard earned money to beta test their incomplete product for them does not sound good to me.  

Edit:  After reading over this, it sounds a lot more d**kheaded than I meant it.  Please don't take this as an attack.

Edited by mibo22

1 hour ago, mibo22 said:

So you're saying I should go give ANOTHER $40 to a company that released a game WAY before it should have been released, and then spend another, what, $800-$1500 for a PC that can handle this game?(a really awesome game, I agree with you there).  No thanks.  I am sick of people saying we should just be happy waiting.  I have already been waiting happily for over 4 months now.  I am not happy any more.  Maybe this is my age speaking, but back in my day it was not unreasonable for a person to expect a commercially released product to work the way it is meant to work starting day 1.  Paying a company my hard earned money to beta test their incomplete product for them does not sound good to me.  

Edit:  After reading over this, it sounds a lot more d**kheaded than I meant it.  Please don't take this as an attack.

I'm not disputing your point that haveing to buy two versions to enjoy your game is absurd, but I think you are exaggerating how much power you need to play this game. My 4 year old laptop could run it and I got it for ~$500 back in the day (intel i5, nvidia GT540M, 6GB ram) such a machine if still available today could run about ~300-400(any less and the manufacturer wouldn't see any profit), and the game has only become more optimized and smoother since I bought it. basically any value "gaming" laptop with discrete graphics could run this easy as pie. (though streaming at the same time like you can do on console may be a different story, but I haven't tried)

Squad does have thier own "KSP Store" so they can distribute copies without big distribution fees from steam or gog maybe if they can't/won't give a refund maybe they can be convinced to distribute free PC copies to the affected users? naturally this doesn't fix everyone and doesn't excuse the snafu's but it'd still be a nice gesture.

Edited by passinglurker

1 hour ago, mibo22 said:

I see your point. However you don't need a gaming computer to run it. Sure it runs much faster on one but you can play it on a laptop! A dinky little 300 dollar laptop. And if you really like the game, you will have to deal with it until the console version is fixed.

It may seem as if I am saying "Oh stop whining guys. It will be fixed soon. Suck it up." But I am not. Squad may have done a Scott Cawthon releasing it but KSP is my favorite game of all time and I hate to see it being attacked like this. Please understand.

Fire

I do understand, and again, I apologize for sounding like a jerk.  That was not my intention.  I'm just frustrated because it is such a great game and I am currently unable to enjoy it.  I am not attacking the game itself.  As I have said, it is a wonderful game.  I just get frustrated with 1. the lack of communication about the console release, and 2.  the mentality that many people seem to have nowadays about it being acceptable to release a game that is not finished.  My main beef is not with Squad, it is with Flying Tiger.  Squad made an amazing game and FT royally screwed the pooch on the port.

7 hours ago, passinglurker said:

Squad does have thier own "KSP Store" so they can distribute copies without big distribution fees from steam or gog maybe if they can't/won't give a refund maybe they can be convinced to distribute free PC copies to the affected users? naturally this doesn't fix everyone and doesn't excuse the snafu's but it'd still be a nice gesture.

That would be really cool if Squad were to do something like that. Even if it didn't run on my old computer, it still would be appreciated, and a nice gesture. It probably would have gone more to "prove themselves to us" than just ignoring this whole debacle. Good idea. I hope they are listening. 

10 hours ago, Firemetal said:

I see your point. However you don't need a gaming computer to run it. Sure it runs much faster on one but you can play it on a laptop! A dinky little 300 dollar laptop. And if you really like the game, you will have to deal with it until the console version is fixed.

It may seem as if I am saying "Oh stop whining guys. It will be fixed soon. Suck it up." But I am not. Squad may have done a Scott Cawthon releasing it but KSP is my favorite game of all time and I hate to see it being attacked like this. Please understand.

Fire

KSP is my favorite game of all time too! That why I am so frustrated with this whole deal. If they would give me a PC copy or refund me for the console version I would gladly buy/play the PC version. But at this point I'm not buying it again. I really just feel at this point we deserve an official statement on the progress of the patch. That is all... 

I don't even own a console and I think this situation is totally unacceptable. :huh: 
I had the misfortune to try (to help someone with) the PS4 version in person, and yes, it's bad. Unplayable after the first few flights bad.

Not good SQUAD, even if it's not really your fault (but who hired FTE?) it's still your logo on the loading screen and your rep on the line.
In the interests of keeping your recent console customers, I too think a full refund or a free PC copy is in order... and I sure hope someone is lighting a large fire under FTE for this debacle.

At the very least, post some indication as to when (if?) PS4 & XBox are getting a (working) patch, it's really starting to look like nobody at @SQUAD gives a fat rats behind about this situation (so long as they made some $$).
Next plan: quick cash grab from unsuspecting Wii owners... I do hope this is not the case, but so far it's looking like it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.