Craft become unresponsive after warping

Dear all,

I am experiencing the following problem.

Craft fail to respond to commands after leaving warp or after the craft loses radio contact with KSC.

This happens even if the craft is probe controlled with full electric charge in direct sight to the KSC or if the craft is under full Kerbal control.

The only way to regain control is to switch to the tracking station and reselect the craft.

It affects 32 and 64 bit Windows versions of KSP 1.2.1

Anyone else found this?

18 hours ago, sal_vager said:

I've heard of it but no one has steps to reproduce this yet, can you provide a save where this occurs please @LunchIn10Seconds

I'll try but as you say it is difficult to reproduce consistently. I think the most likely chance I have is by placing a craft in orbit around something so the signal from KSC gets blocked. Warping a vessel here seems to cause the freeze more frequently than just warping something that already has clear line of sight to KSC.  

12 minutes ago, LunchIn10Seconds said:

I'll try but as you say it is difficult to reproduce consistently. I think the most likely chance I have is by placing a craft in orbit around something so the signal from KSC gets blocked. Warping a vessel here seems to cause the freeze more frequently than just warping something that already has clear line of sight to KSC

I've tried that and nothing happened, are you absolutely certain you're at 1x warp? Because you won't have control if you're at 5x, causing the exact symptoms you describe.

On 07/11/2016 at 11:23 AM, sal_vager said:

I've tried that and nothing happened, are you absolutely certain you're at 1x warp? Because you won't have control if you're at 5x, causing the exact symptoms you describe.

Hi,

I don't think so, though it's the sort of stupid thing I could do its happened too often for it to be failing to leave warp completely every time. That said it didn't happen at all yesterday despite several hours gaming.

I guess the only thing to do is wait until it happens again and post a quicksave in the hope that there is something in there.

2 minutes ago, LunchIn10Seconds said:

Hi,

I don't think so, though it's the sort of stupid thing I could do its happened too often for it to be failing to leave warp completely every time. That said it didn't happen at all yesterday despite several hours gaming.

I guess the only thing to do is wait until it happens again and post a quicksave in the hope that there is something in there.

Please post the logs as well, and the backup saves, best to just zip the logs and the save together and put it on dropbox.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.