Starting player Career Mode

@Zer0gravity

As a side note, for newer players, some contracts that require higher altitude flight (~above 20,000) are much easier to complete if you perform the task (crew report) while reentering the atmosphere. In other words, get into orbit or sub-orbit and take the crew report while falling back to the surface above the target.

• 4 months later...
On 20/12/2016 at 0:12 PM, Gianni1122 said:

@Zer0gravity

As a side note, for newer players, some contracts that require higher altitude flight (~above 20,000) are much easier to complete if you perform the task (crew report) while reentering the atmosphere. In other words, get into orbit or sub-orbit and take the crew report while falling back to the surface above the target.

Never seemed easier this way for me.  But I started to decline this kind of contract very early.  

Adding to this, different contracts are solved easier with different approaches.  For example: to test a part at high altitude/speed consider launch a powerful,  even if not much precise,  rocket.  For doing science at a given location low powered and maneuverable plane works best. 

Also you may,  and probably will,  find some contracts not worth to do.  Try to avoid those, you may wait the offer expire with no penalty or actively decline for a small penalty. (on normal game I do it for every contract is don't want without problem) 

On 20/12/2016 at 9:12 AM, Gianni1122 said:

@Zer0gravity

IIRC, when they are crew reports you don't even have to reenter:  You can do them from orbit.

On 10/05/2017 at 6:26 AM, Chakat Firepaw said:

IIRC, when they are crew reports you don't even have to reenter:  You can do them from orbit.

I have completed these contracts this way. low orbit (72x72) and you can cover a lot of these in one go. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.