[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

Some usefull things i would like to see

- Separating ship type names and mission names

As for now you have a list of ships in the VAB and if you launch fife identical - lets say comsats - then you have fife time the same name in orbit - or you rename the ship, then you have fife time the same ship with the same configuration in the VAB. Therefore between selecting a ship and starting it there should be a "Mission naming".

- Better sorting of parts in VAB

Even there are six classes of parts in the structure - inside everything is totaly unsorted

- A clock at the Space Center would be fine - never know if its day or night when i go to the pad.

- A launch window screen - best start times for mun, minmus or orbital objects/stations - whatever.

Know this is hard because rocket performance can be different - but lets calculate with a standard trajectory and speed - and let the player adapt to that.

This update is looking awesome, can't wait to actually do a curiosity like landing on the mars like planet.

Oh and btw, have anyone tried to turn the last image from the lone kerbonaut upside down or something? It might help to see something new?

last time Harvester was quiet for days on end we got an update

He could also be on vacation.

With each update, the update discussions have become more restricted. Eventually update discussion topics may not be allowed since people keep asking/speculating update release schedules.

What I would personally like, is when Nova finishes any or all the planets he has set out to do this update, if hes finished before the rest of the change log, that they could maybe realease a 16.1, or in a way like the minecraft pre-releases, adding little features at a time. I can't say how much easier the update waiting would be with an entire new planet to explore :)

Going to make my own stab at this: I believe when Mr Nova said only one person was right so far, one person had said it looked rover-esque. So that's where my hypothetical Kerbal dollars are placed.

What I would personally like, is when Nova finishes any or all the planets he has set out to do this update, if hes finished before the rest of the change log, that they could maybe realease a 16.1, or in a way like the minecraft pre-releases, adding little features at a time. I can't say how much easier the update waiting would be with an entire new planet to explore :)

Welcome to the forums! Nova already said there isn't going to be .16.1 besides, he has other things to do in the update :)

i think it depends on what they are doing in the update, with the rate of planets being made, it may not be more than a couple weeks. but with what else their doing in the update, idk how long it will take. I also like what nova is doing, giving us spoilers that we have to figure out

I think the reason some of us were so antsy is that we had been expecting a rapid 0.16.1 release to fix a couple of small (in lines of code to be rewritten) yet vast (in gameplay distortion--viz. the fuel consumption bug) bugs.

Now that it's been confirmed that there will be no 0.16.1, I'm expecting to wait a while yet for 0.17, and will try to be patient. New features should be expected to take time.

so far this entire thread is basically planet talk, but not about IVA's

will IVA's just be a cockpit view, or will it include floating around inside a ship?

My uneducated guess is that it will start as cockpit view or something in this update and they might expand on it in later releases or something. There hasn't been any screen shots or new word of it which is why we haven't talked about it yet. :(

Here, last teaser before the new forum software, this time in glorious HD!

A failed attempt to land on the desert planet:

Atmosphere still needs some tweaks, though. And my lander needs a drogue chute.

Note to self: Make drogue chute part.

Did anyone notice the set ship orbit box in the same GUI as the debug screen? Very interesting.

Edited by Capt'n Skunky
Remove quoted images