[1.12.x] State Funding Continued - MM added as dependency

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have played USSK for 3 quarters and I see 7 fulfilled state contract and 45 failed. In the Mission Control I have 7 fullfilled contracts and 1 cancelled.

What does the mod consider a state contract?

EDIT:

Also every time I click on the "Current Funds" button, the game applies -2 SC.

Edited by tarkalak

Here are the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AABCQ3iz3etSTTYrfanIQp-CGHvIJY2rJTM

The three screenshots are of both issues.

One shows the 45 failed contracts and the other shows the negative SC from destroyed vessels. Every time I press current Funding I get the penalty -4 (-2 per vessel) applied again.

EDIT: I am on Ubuntu 18.4 with KSP 1.8.0. I have installed the RemoteTechMeta package with dependencies (60 mods) and Deadly Reentry.

Edited by tarkalak
Added information

On 11/17/2019 at 3:03 AM, tarkalak said:

Hello,

I have played USSK for 3 quarters and I see 7 fulfilled state contract and 45 failed. In the Mission Control I have 7 fullfilled contracts and 1 cancelled.

What does the mod consider a state contract?

EDIT:

Also every time I click on the "Current Funds" button, the game applies -2 SC.

Are you on 1.8 or 1.7?

15 hours ago, tarkalak said:

KSP 1.8.0.2686 with both expansions.

BG is 1.3.0 and MH is 1.8.0.

I installed it recently, may be a few weeks ago. I know that there is a newer one but haven't updated to it.

It would make sense to update.

Im in the middle of a big bughunt, this may or may not have been affected.  Once, done with the hunt (week or so), I’ll be able to look at this

On 11/28/2019 at 1:52 AM, tarkalak said:

Here are the files:

The three screenshots are of both issues.

One shows the 45 failed contracts and the other shows the negative SC from destroyed vessels. Every time I press current Funding I get the penalty -4 (-2 per vessel) applied again.

EDIT: I am on Ubuntu 18.4 with KSP 1.8.0. I have installed the RemoteTechMeta package with dependencies (60 mods) and Deadly Reentry.

Is this still a problem, and if so, please upload an updated log file.  Preferably with KSP 1.8.1 and all other mods updated

• 3 weeks later...

Yes this still happens. I have the last updates from CKAN at this moment -- 01.01.2019 and KSP 1.8.1.

The new log is here:

I changed my mods a bit (added scrapyard and reenabled RT), so now I have:

SETIMetaPackage (minus "RemoteTech - SETI ProbeControlEnabler"), Deadly Reentry and Scrapyard.

Also happens if I install just State Funding alone (with the deppendancies from CKAN of course).

Edited by tarkalak

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Section of the log (clean 1.8.1 install, dependencies only)

[WRN 14:20:32.288] StateFunding: CONTRACT COMPLETED
[LOG 14:20:33.201] Awarding 2080 funds to player for contract completion
[LOG 14:20:33.201] Awarding 1 science to player for contract completion
[LOG 14:20:33.201] Awarding 1 reputation to player for contract completion
[LOG 14:20:33.201] Added 0.9999995 (1) reputation: 'ContractReward'.
[LOG 14:20:33.202] Contract (Launch our first vessel!): A very nominal launch! We couldn't have asked for more! Well, we could've, and we will at some point.

Edited by Phoenix-D

• 3 months later...

State Funding does not appear to work in KSP 1.10.1. While I have all of the dependencies installed, the U.I. does not appear, nor does it show up in the settings menu (where, normally, there'd be a tab for state funding settings, alongside the general game/save settings and settings for other mods).

You might already be aware of this, but since no one has mentioned it yet, I thought that it'd be prudent to do so.

I tried to hunt through the log to find relevant entries, but there didn't seem to be too many. While there were a lot of references to the StateFundingDisposable module (namely it getting patched to various parts), the only entries after the MM patch entries were as follows:

[ERR 18:00:49.971] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleStateFundingDisposable'

Otherwise, there are no other mentions of StateFunding in the log.

Edited by Raptor22

23 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

State Funding does not appear to work in KSP 1.10.1. While I have all of the dependencies installed, the U.I. does not appear, nor does it show up in the settings menu (where, normally, there'd be a tab for state funding settings, alongside the general game/save settings and settings for other mods).

You might already be aware of this, but since no one has mentioned it yet, I thought that it'd be prudent to do so.

I tried to hunt through the log to find relevant entries, but there didn't seem to be too many. While there were a lot of references to the StateFundingDisposable module (namely it getting patched to various parts), the only entries after the MM patch entries were as follows:

[ERR 18:00:49.971] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleStateFundingDisposable'

Otherwise, there are no other mentions of StateFunding in the log.

Sounds like you are missing something.

How did you install it?

Log file is needed for any other help

I just loaded it into a 1.10.1 game, works fine

On 5/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, Phoenix-D said:

This drops a warning into the log every time I complete a contract. I presume the idea is to ignore contracts entirely then....?

On 5/18/2020 at 5:21 PM, Phoenix-D said:

Section of the log (clean 1.8.1 install, dependencies only)

Ignore the WRN, it's really an info

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hello, I have some problems using soundtrack editor forked. KSP's progress bar is stuck at the end and cannot be accessed, and the DLL information about this plug-in will pop up on the loading bar. If you delete this plug-in, you can enter KSP (I used the KSP version of 1.10, but this plug-in only has 1.81, I don't know whether this has any impact)

1 hour ago, sipdeidf said:

Hello, I have some problems using soundtrack editor forked. KSP's progress bar is stuck at the end and cannot be accessed, and the DLL information about this plug-in will pop up on the loading bar. If you delete this plug-in, you can enter KSP (I used the KSP version of 1.10, but this plug-in only has 1.81, I don't know whether this has any impact)

First, a log file.

Second, how did you install it, sounds like something is installed wrong

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sounds like you are missing something.

How did you install it?

Log file is needed for any other help

I just loaded it into a 1.10.1 game, works fine

Ignore the WRN, it's really an info

I pulled your github repository and installed the statefunding folder like I would any other mod (I've been installing mods for 7 years now, so I have a fair good idea of how to do it from just a straight master folder pull.) I made sure I had the latest versions of clickthroughblocker, toolbarcontroller and modulemanager (4.1.4) installed as well. Unless there's some other dependency that I need that you didn't mention in the thread that's changed since the last time I used StateFunding back in 1.6, I'm fairly certain that I have everything.

I'll re-install it one more time to get a proper log file to send off to you.

1 hour ago, Raptor22 said:

I pulled your github repository and installed the statefunding folder like I would any other mod (I've been installing mods for 7 years now, so I have a fair good idea of how to do it from just a straight master folder pull.) I made sure I had the latest versions of clickthroughblocker, toolbarcontroller and modulemanager (4.1.4) installed as well. Unless there's some other dependency that I need that you didn't mention in the thread that's changed since the last time I used StateFunding back in 1.6, I'm fairly certain that I have everything.

I'll re-install it one more time to get a proper log file to send off to you.

[snip]

You need the release zip, NOT THE GITHUB REPOSITORY.

I don't need a log until you install it correctly.  CKAN can do that for you

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

[snip]

I've been able to pull the correct gamedata folder from github repositories before, typically when I'm trying to get the latest / developer content, without any issues. I had no luck with a spacedock release, which is why I went to your github to see if you had posted any changes there. I know the correct folders to pull from there (go from the zip -> StateFundingContinued-master -> GameData -> State Funding). [snip]  I don't need CKAN to do something as basic as pulling the proper files to put in GameData. But since you insist, I'll grab the one from spacedock again and try this again

Stand by for a bit - it takes a while for my game to load, so it may take a bit for me to get a log to you. Would you prefer a google drive link or some other file upload service?

Edited by Vanamonde

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.