Books on spaceflight

Tyko

On 08/04/2017 at 9:54 PM, surge said:

profiled by the CIA

yep cia attempted to profile the pretender once, still they're not sure wich profile to pick in the end ^^ thoose peops are weirds ... ^^

if you want a good johnny deep profiling, try "rhum express" ^^ it's full of political garbage as well and splosion with a touch of romance for the audience :3 :3 :3 ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy so much, I started to name my Kerbals after the protagonists in the books.

Red Mars, Green Mars and Blue Mars. They come highly recommended. Best reads I had in quite a while.

11 hours ago, Dafni said:

I enjoyed Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy so much, I started to name my Kerbals after the protagonists in the books.

Red Mars, Green Mars and Blue Mars. They come highly recommended. Best reads I had in quite a while.

I hope Saxifrage Kerman was a scientist, Nadia Kerman was an engineer, and John Boone Kerman was a pilot.

4 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

I hope Saxifrage Kerman was a scientist, Nadia Kerman was an engineer, and John Boone Kerman was a pilot.

But of course! And each one gets a colleague too. Sax gets Ann, Nadia gets Arkady, and Boone gets Maya. It's a nice head canon, gives the missions some personality. The last names work good for craft, like Russell Lab, Clayborne Outpost etc.

• 5 years later...
On 2/28/2017 at 8:35 PM, Steel said:

I found the first of the Mars trilogy (Red Mars) by Kim Stanley Robinson to be an interesting take on Mars colonisation (and mostly founded in some sort of science). It also touches on some of the more political (who is actually in charge?) and ethical issues (in the books they leave behind an overpopulated earth that is quickly fracturing into war). The writing is not the best, but once you get past that it was really engaging.

thanks for that varient

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.