eddiew

Make docking ports crew hatches/airlocks

Just a shower thought :)

Particularly the mk1 passenger cabin can be really annoying, but there are plenty of times when it would be easier to get crew out of a part of the vessel that's just not where the cabin is. Clearly the crew can move around within the ship, since they'll happily transfer between pods, so this idea doesn't seem to break the established rules.

Right clicking a hatch should have an option to "eva crew", bringing up the crew list (like clicking a hatch) and showing every kerbal on the vessel.

Approaching a hatch with an eva kerbonaut and hitting B should either bring up a the transfer highlighter so you choose where they go, or just put them in the nearest cabin that has a space and we'd take it from there ourselves.

3 minutes ago, eddiew said:

bringing up the crew list (like clicking a hatch) and showing every kerbal on the vessel.

That's a good idea. This would make boarding and unboarding much easier.

It's those little details about the game that shouldn't be neglected. I'm sure there's a mod for this (is there?), but nobody wants to have hundreds of mods fixing little things like that.

This is the relevant mod, FYI:

Yes being able to enter and exit from any hatch (or other things that look like hatches) without having to shuffle the seats around would be a huge quality of life improvement I want this very much :)

1 hour ago, fourfa said:

This is the relevant mod, FYI:

Yeah, I do use that, but it struck me that by doubling docking ports as hatches, you'd get a place-anywhere exit point :) 

Yeah agreed - it's a great idea and I'd use that mod all day long. Or stock, even better.