USI Power Couplers

Repost from sub reddit

Downtown: Hey folks, after reading about power distribution I wanted to plug my mining drone into my Duna Power Distributor. I managed to get the wireless receiver to work but I could not figure out how to connect 2 "Power Coupler"s together(one on source and the other thr destination). I assumed it was similar to the pipes you can link between things. Anyone have experience with these Power Couplers?

RoverDude: I have a bit of experience. Power distribution requires an engineer. It will in turn allow any power coupler to connect to any power distributor.

Downtown: Hi RoverDude, love the mods bud. I have an Engineer working in the Duna PDU. My confusion stems from the 2 power couplers(one wireless[2km range] and the other wired? Sorry i dont have the exact part names atm). I can get the wireless one to work just fine. Its the other coupler that I cant get working. I also have "linked" two vessels with a pipe. I assumed the wired coupler would work the same way but that isnt the case.

Talking about the wired Power coupler specifically

1.) Do i need a coupler on the power source as well as the consumer?

2.) Will i see a cable between the couplers?(like the pipes)

RoverDude: If you can do me a favor and move this to the forum thread with screenshots, that will help a lot :)

This is part of the MKS mod.

And both the wireless and the 'wired' power couplers work exactly the same way.  The only difference is the range.  I put 'wired' in quotes because no actual wires are run - it's just description text, and what the mod is modeling that you're doing.  (That the Kerbals are running around on their own and wiring in extension cords when you aren't looking.)

Short version: If you've got the power distribution to work, it should work with either set of parts.  The 'wireless' parts are up to 2km, the 'wired' parts are shorter range.  The only other differences are the model used by the parts and the flavor text.   (And where they unlock in the tech tree.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.