KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

5 hours ago, NeverEnoughFuel!! said:

Well a little update, I tried different setup and at first the same problem  http://postimg.org/image/4a8ybibn7/

different tanks and command module (cabin) no cargo in cargo bay or docking ports etc. BUT When I removed " atomic light bulb" http://postimg.org/image/cr3v8oqyb/

they have a real mean sound... and everything starts to shake a bit even on clamps... it seems they don't like each other... or is it maybe a KER problem... KER does not "see" delta v so the game shuts engines down? Probably stupid hypothesis... but I'm not programmer...

I admit I am not sure what is going on here... I specifically made a craft with the  " atomic light bulb"  and that craft certainly does fly...  I am not sure what KER is.... but.. maybe?

Anyhow... 

COPY your KSP folder (Thankfully KSP has no copy protection) Start removing mods.. See if  you can trace the problem down to a single mod.. I know it is time consuming.. but given the fact that it works correctly without them, there is no other reasonable way to do this.. 

If you find the one that interferes with it, tell me and I will install it and see what I can figure out.. I am a programmer so I sometimes know what is going on. 

Edited by Profit-
More info.

Just got a contract to "Test NERVA landed at Kerbin".  slapped a pod, tank, and the NERVA (not LV-N, which would be called NERV) engine down, run the test and no contract completion.

I thought it was interesting that the engine turned on when I ran the test.  I tried staging, tried the LV-N just in case, nothin.

3 hours ago, EMPeror said:

Just got a contract to "Test NERVA landed at Kerbin".  slapped a pod, tank, and the NERVA (not LV-N, which would be called NERV) engine down, run the test and no contract completion.

I thought it was interesting that the engine turned on when I ran the test.  I tried staging, tried the LV-N just in case, nothin.

Do you have improvedNuclearPropulsion? (the tech)

if you do, it might be because the NERVA changes to LATERN.. Don't know for sure though... 

Edited by Profit-

5 hours ago, Profit- said:

Do you have improvedNuclearPropulsion? (the tech)

if you do, it might be because the NERVA changes to LATERN.. Don't know for sure though... 

Yes I do, I think you're on to something.  I don't see this "LATERN" though.  So running the test on the upgraded engine doesn't work because the contract is for the basic version?

8 hours ago, EMPeror said:

Yes I do, I think you're on to something.  I don't see this "LATERN" though.  So running the test on the upgraded engine doesn't work because the contract is for the basic version?

Now I am not certain, it is a hypothesis but it seems like a reasonable one, requires testing obviously though.

In theory though you could put the ship on the launchpad with a unique name,  copy your save file, change the engine type to the non-upgraded one. load the edited save and see if  it is the cause. 

Edited by Profit-

Update... the dumbo has the same polygon issues as the dusty plasma.  I'm trying to get them all to use the model from the pebble bed but looks like I need to clone the attachment points as well.  As of right now with the configuration as published though, both dusty and dumbo can't be even attached to a craft :(

Found another issue that I'm still trying to nail down 100% ... it looks like the SmokeScreen bits that come with the recently-released-for-1.0.5 B9 Aerospace pack, does something Bad to the exhaust effects of all/most of the Interstellar engines.  stock engine exhausts still show up, but all the KSPI engines have no exhaust trails with B9 installed, and the smokescreen thing appears to be required for that mod to work.  Trying to see if I can either get rid of just that piece or...

also this doesn't throw any errors in the logs that I can see, so it may be difficult to track down.  Not sure if it's something that needs to be fixed in B9 or something that needs to be fixed in Interstellar, either.

I have a quick question.  I cannot seem to get the Vista Engine to work like I used to be able to.  Way back around 0.90, I could power that sucker up with a reactor and generator.  Now, I have two Q-fusion reactors and two charged particle reactors all at 3 meters, and only then can I power the engine continuously.  Is this meant to be, or am I doing something wrong?

3 hours ago, alexman142 said:

I have a quick question.  I cannot seem to get the Vista Engine to work like I used to be able to.  Way back around 0.90, I could power that sucker up with a reactor and generator.  Now, I have two Q-fusion reactors and two charged particle reactors all at 3 meters, and only then can I power the engine continuously.  Is this meant to be, or am I doing something wrong?

Q-Fusion power plants do not produce electricity well.   Their pulsed operation causes charged particles to not be produced at a constant rate and as such make them inefficient for power production.  Try a magnetic confinement reactor instead for power production. 

( I personally recommend the D-Li6 Fusion, it produces nice power without neutron embrittlement of the reactor wall as a side bonus it is almost all charged particles so there is very little waste heat to deal with)

Edited by Profit-

I have a Thermal Electric Generator attached to the top of a Gas Core Reactor, and the generator instantly shuts down saying that it doesn't have an attached reactor. However, I am able to shutdown the reactor. The exact same set up works just fine if I swap the gas core for a molten salt reactor.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by TomatoSoup

I think there is a good probability you are doing nothing wrong.  There have been issues with attachments and perhaps it is simply not attaching..   The other thing is I think the gas core reactors do not play nicely with gravity wells and acceleration, but I do not remember exactly what the effects are. 

2 hours ago, TomatoSoup said:

I have a Thermal Electric Generator attached to the top of a Gas Core Reactor, and the generator instantly shuts down saying that it doesn't have an attached reactor. However, I am able to shutdown the reactor. The exact same set up works just fine if I swap the gas core for a molten salt reactor.

What am I doing wrong?

Again me, still having problems with thermal turbo jet I looked through output log and these lines appeared at least 200 times before CTD on the runway , with thermal jets again not working...

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceSuppliable,System.Double>.CopyTo'.
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceSuppliable,System.Double]].AddCollection (ICollection`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceSuppliable,System.Double]]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceManager.update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceSuppliableModule.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FNPlugin.InterstellarReactor.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FNPlugin.InterstellarFissionPBDP.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Almost half of output log is just this...?!

8 hours ago, Profit- said:

I think there is a good probability you are doing nothing wrong.  There have been issues with attachments and perhaps it is simply not attaching..   The other thing is I think the gas core reactors do not play nicely with gravity wells and acceleration, but I do not remember exactly what the effects are. 

The effects were that acceleration would lower performance, due to the fuel bubble reaching the reactor walls. However, this problem persisted into orbit.

On 12/11/2015, 8:47:12, Profit- said:

Now I am not certain, it is a hypothesis but it seems like a reasonable one, requires testing obviously though.

In theory though you could put the ship on the launchpad with a unique name,  copy your save file, change the engine type to the non-upgraded one. load the edited save and see if  it is the cause. 

I looked at the the contract, and it wants the "part = KspiLANTRUpgrade".  I do have improved nuclear propulsion:

Tech
        {
            id = improvedNuclearPropulsion
            state = Available
            cost = 550
            part = KspiLANTRUpgrade
            part = KspiLightbulb
            part = TweakableThermalRocketNozzle
            part = TweakableThermalTurbojet
        }

but when I place the part in the editor, I get the KspiLANTR, i.e. the non-upgraded part.  I edited the part on the rocket sitting on the launch pad, did "run test" and voila, contract complete.

Why is the editor placing LANTR when I have improved nuclear propulsion?

1 hour ago, EMPeror said:

I looked at the the contract, and it wants the "part = KspiLANTRUpgrade".  I do have improved nuclear propulsion:

Tech
        {
            id = improvedNuclearPropulsion
            state = Available
            cost = 550
            part = KspiLANTRUpgrade
            part = KspiLightbulb
            part = TweakableThermalRocketNozzle
            part = TweakableThermalTurbojet
        }

but when I place the part in the editor, I get the KspiLANTR, i.e. the non-upgraded part.  I edited the part on the rocket sitting on the launch pad, did "run test" and voila, contract complete.

Why is the editor placing LANTR when I have improved nuclear propulsion?

For that I have no good reason, however I am sure a fix could be made from this information, I just do not know KSP well enough to generate it. 

(On looking at the parts, I think it might be because they are two distinct parts without an upgrade path or tech between them.. IE LANTR.cfg and NERVIA.cfg in the WarpPlugin/Parts/Engines/LANTR/ directrory...  I still do not know how to fix this but if I can come up with a way I will issue a pull request)

14 hours ago, NeverEnoughFuel!! said:

Again me, still having problems with thermal turbo jet I looked through output log and these lines appeared at least 200 times before CTD on the runway , with thermal jets again not working...

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceSuppliable,System.Double>.CopyTo'.
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceSuppliable,System.Double]].AddCollection (ICollection`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceSuppliable,System.Double]]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceManager.update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceSuppliableModule.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FNPlugin.InterstellarReactor.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FNPlugin.InterstellarFissionPBDP.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Almost half of output log is just this...?!

Perhaps you are using a version of the open resource system that is incompatible with interstellar...  it looks like something with the thing InterstellarFissionPBDP, it is calling.. something... in interstellar reactor... 

Somehow in this code it is triggering something in the open resource system that is incompatable.  And I do not know exactly what...  And honestly most likely it is Open Resource systems fault, being outdated or changed something.. 

public override void OnFixedUpdate() // OnFixedUpdate is only called when (force) activated
  {
  storedIsThermalEnergyGenratorActive = currentIsThermalEnergyGenratorActive;
  storedIsChargedEnergyGenratorActive = currentIsChargedEnergyGenratorActive;
  currentIsThermalEnergyGenratorActive = 0;
  currentIsChargedEnergyGenratorActive = 0;

decay_ongoing = false;
  base.OnFixedUpdate();
  if (IsEnabled && MaximumPower > 0)
  {
  if (ReactorIsOverheating())
  {
  if (FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel == vessel)
  ScreenMessages.PostScreenMessage("Warning Dangerous Overheating Detected: Emergency reactor shutdown occuring NOW!", 5.0f, ScreenMessageStyle.UPPER_CENTER);

IsEnabled = false;
  return;
  }

// calculate thermalpower capacity
  if (TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime != previousTimeWarp)
  {
  if (thermalPowerResource != null)
  {
  var requiredThermalCapacity = Math.Max(0.0001, 10 * TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime * MaximumThermalPower);
  var previousThermalCapacity = Math.Max(0.0001, 10 * previousTimeWarp * MaximumThermalPower);

thermalPowerResource.maxAmount = requiredThermalCapacity;
  thermalPowerResource.amount = requiredThermalCapacity > previousThermalCapacity
  ? Math.Max(0, Math.Min(requiredThermalCapacity, thermalPowerResource.amount + requiredThermalCapacity - previousThermalCapacity))
  : Math.Max(0, Math.Min(requiredThermalCapacity, (thermalPowerResource.amount / thermalPowerResource.maxAmount) * requiredThermalCapacity));
  }

if (chargedPowerResource != null)
  {
  var requiredChargedCapacity = Math.Max(0.0001, 10 * TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime * MaximumChargedPower);
  var previousChargedCapacity = Math.Max(0.0001, 10 * previousTimeWarp * MaximumChargedPower);

chargedPowerResource.maxAmount = requiredChargedCapacity;
  chargedPowerResource.amount = requiredChargedCapacity > previousChargedCapacity
  ? Math.Max(0, Math.Min(requiredChargedCapacity, chargedPowerResource.amount + requiredChargedCapacity - previousChargedCapacity))
  : Math.Max(0, Math.Min(requiredChargedCapacity, (chargedPowerResource.amount / chargedPowerResource.maxAmount) * requiredChargedCapacity));
  }

if (wasteheatPowerResource)
  {
  var requiredWasteheatCapacity = Math.Max(0.0001, 10 * TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime * partBaseWasteheat);
  var previousWasteheatCapacity = Math.Max(0.0001, 10 * previousTimeWarp * partBaseWasteheat);

var wasteHeatRatio = Math.Max(0, Math.Min(1, wasteheatPowerResource.amount / wasteheatPowerResource.maxAmount));
  wasteheatPowerResource.maxAmount = requiredWasteheatCapacity;
  wasteheatPowerResource.amount = requiredWasteheatCapacity * wasteHeatRatio;

//wasteheatPowerResource.maxAmount = requiredWasteheatCapacity;
  //wasteheatPowerResource.amount = requiredWasteheatCapacity > previousWasteheatCapacity
  // ? Math.Max(0, Math.Min(requiredWasteheatCapacity, wasteheatPowerResource.amount + requiredWasteheatCapacity - previousWasteheatCapacity))
  // : Math.Max(0, Math.Min(requiredWasteheatCapacity, (wasteheatPowerResource.amount / wasteheatPowerResource.maxAmount) * requiredWasteheatCapacity));
  }
  }
  else
  {
  {
  thermalPowerResource.maxAmount = Math.Max(0.0001, 10 * TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime * MaximumThermalPower);
  thermalPowerResource.amount = Math.Min(thermalPowerResource.amount, thermalPowerResource.maxAmount);
  }

{
  chargedPowerResource.maxAmount = Math.Max(0.0001, 10 * TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime * MaximumChargedPower);
  chargedPowerResource.amount = Math.Min(chargedPowerResource.amount, chargedPowerResource.maxAmount);
  }

if (wasteheatPowerResource != null)
  {
  var wasteHeatRatio = Math.Max(0, Math.Min(1, wasteheatPowerResource.amount / wasteheatPowerResource.maxAmount));
  var requiredWasteheatCapacity = Math.Max(0.0001, 10 * TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime * partBaseWasteheat);
  wasteheatPowerResource.maxAmount = requiredWasteheatCapacity;
  wasteheatPowerResource.amount = requiredWasteheatCapacity * wasteHeatRatio;
  }
  }
  previousTimeWarp = TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime;

// Max Power
  double max_power_to_supply = Math.Max(MaximumPower * TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime, 0);
  geeForceModifier = maxGeeForceFuelInput > 0 ? (float)Math.Min(Math.Max(maxGeeForceFuelInput > 0 ? 1.1 - (part.vessel.geeForce / maxGeeForceFuelInput) : 0.1, 0.1), 1) : 1;
  double fuel_ratio = Math.Min(current_fuel_mode.ReactorFuels.Min(fuel => GetFuelRatio(fuel, FuelEfficiency, max_power_to_supply * geeForceModifier)), 1.0);
  double min_throttle = fuel_ratio > 0 ? minimumThrottle / fuel_ratio : 1;

max_power_to_supply = max_power_to_supply * fuel_ratio * geeForceModifier;

// Charged Power
  var fixed_maximum_charged_power = MaximumChargedPower * TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime;
  double max_charged_to_supply = Math.Max(fixed_maximum_charged_power, 0) * fuel_ratio * geeForceModifier;
  double charged_power_received = supplyManagedFNResourceWithMinimum(max_charged_to_supply, min_throttle, FNResourceManager.FNRESOURCE_CHARGED_PARTICLES);
  double charged_power_ratio = ChargedPowerRatio > 0 ? charged_power_received / max_charged_to_supply : 0;

// Thermal Power
  var fixed_maximum_thermal_power = MaximumThermalPower * TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime;
  double max_thermal_to_supply = Math.Max(fixed_maximum_thermal_power, 0) * fuel_ratio * geeForceModifier;
  double thermal_power_received = supplyManagedFNResourceWithMinimum(max_thermal_to_supply, min_throttle, FNResourceManager.FNRESOURCE_THERMALPOWER);
  double thermal_power_ratio = (1 - ChargedPowerRatio) > 0 ? thermal_power_received / max_thermal_to_supply : 0;

// add additional power
  var thermal_shortage_ratio = charged_power_ratio > thermal_power_ratio ? charged_power_ratio - thermal_power_ratio : 0;
  var chargedpower_shortagage_ratio = thermal_power_ratio > charged_power_ratio ? thermal_power_ratio - charged_power_ratio : 0;

thermal_power_received = thermal_power_received + (thermal_shortage_ratio * fixed_maximum_thermal_power * fuel_ratio * geeForceModifier);
  charged_power_received = charged_power_received + (chargedpower_shortagage_ratio * fixed_maximum_charged_power * fuel_ratio * geeForceModifier);

// update GUI
  ongoing_thermal_power_f = (float)(thermal_power_received / TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime);
  ongoing_charged_power_f = (float)(charged_power_received / TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime);

// Total
  double total_power_received = thermal_power_received + charged_power_received;

neutronEmbrittlementDamage += (float)(total_power_received * current_fuel_mode.NeutronsRatio / neutronEmbrittlementDivider);
  ongoing_total_power_f = (float)total_power_received / TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime;

total_power_per_frame = total_power_received;
  double total_power_ratio = total_power_received / MaximumPower / TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime;
  ongoing_consumption_rate = (float)total_power_ratio;

// consume fuel
  foreach (ReactorFuel fuel in current_fuel_mode.ReactorFuels)
  {
  var fuel_request = total_power_received * fuel.FuelUsePerMJ * fuelUsePerMJMult;
  var fuel_recieved = ConsumeReactorFuel(fuel, fuel_request);
  }

// refresh production list
  reactorProduction.Clear();

// produce reactor products
  foreach (ReactorProduct product in current_fuel_mode.ReactorProducts)
  {
  var product_supply = total_power_received * product.ProductUsePerMJ * fuelUsePerMJMult;
  var massProduced = ProduceReactorProduct(product, product_supply);

reactorProduction.Add(new ReactorProduction() { fuelmode = product, mass = massProduced });
  }

// Waste Heat
  supplyFNResource(total_power_received, FNResourceManager.FNRESOURCE_WASTEHEAT); // generate heat that must be dissipated

powerPcnt = 100.0 * total_power_ratio;

if (min_throttle > 1.05) IsEnabled = false;

BreedTritium(total_power_received, TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime);

if (Planetarium.GetUniversalTime() != 0)
  last_active_time = (float)(Planetarium.GetUniversalTime());
  }
  else if (MaximumPower > 0 && Planetarium.GetUniversalTime() - last_active_time <= 3 * GameConstants.EARH_DAY_SECONDS && IsNuclear)
  {
  double daughter_half_life = GameConstants.EARH_DAY_SECONDS / 24.0 * 9.0;
  double time_t = Planetarium.GetUniversalTime() - last_active_time;
  double power_fraction = 0.1 * Math.Exp(-time_t / daughter_half_life);
  double power_to_supply = Math.Max(MaximumPower * TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime * power_fraction, 0);
  double thermal_power_received = supplyManagedFNResourceWithMinimum(power_to_supply, 1.0, FNResourceManager.FNRESOURCE_THERMALPOWER);
  double total_power_ratio = thermal_power_received / MaximumPower / TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime;
  ongoing_consumption_rate = (float)total_power_ratio;
  supplyFNResource(thermal_power_received, FNResourceManager.FNRESOURCE_WASTEHEAT); // generate heat that must be dissipated
  powerPcnt = 100.0 * total_power_ratio;
  decay_ongoing = true;
  }
  else
  powerPcnt = 0;

if (!IsEnabled)
  {
  {
  thermalPowerResource.maxAmount = 0.0001;
  thermalPowerResource.amount = 0;
  }

{
  chargedPowerResource.maxAmount = 0.0001;
  chargedPowerResource.amount = 0;
  }
  }

}

On a side note, the new forums suck. 
Edit*   

It is definitely the lightbulb. It's reactor is  "name = InterstellarFissionPBDP "

I am pretty sure it is this part here, it is trying to consume fuel and for some reason open resource system is throwing a fit. Maybe the fuel is configured wrong or they changed it's name or something

foreach (ReactorFuel fuel in current_fuel_mode.ReactorFuels)
  {
  var fuel_request = total_power_received * fuel.FuelUsePerMJ * fuelUsePerMJMult;
  var fuel_recieved = ConsumeReactorFuel(fuel, fuel_request);
  }

Can you tell me what tech you have researched and if this ship works in sandbox?  IF it works in sandbox, there are three techs that govern this engine:
upgradeTechReq = advNuclearPropulsion
powerUpgradeTechReq = fusionRockets
bimodelUpgradeTechReq = largeNuclearPower

IF it works in sandbox tell me what one of those 3 you have (or what combination)   IF it does not work in sandbox, it is an incompatibility somewhere as my ship in sandbox made a nice 34K/264K orbit on atmosphere alone... and a lot of spare delta V on the Lightbulb.  (I was able to get to interstellar space on the liquid fuel, even dragging along those heavy reactors)

Edited by Profit-

1 hour ago, nezumi said:

I'm showing resistojets as 2,000 or 3,400 for the RCS blocks, but the super-cool retractable one is only 650.

Yes, the prices are wrong (IMHO).  I will make a pull request... Do you think 6,350 is a good price for the retractable ones? And 5350 for the curved retractable..  I also upped their part attainment cost a little as well. 

Edited by Profit-

Well, I didn't want to quote you because of large text... I don't have open resource mod installed I have community resource 0.4.5.0 should I uninstall it? Which one fits better with interstellar? Somehow they work again... i.e. sometimes they do sometimes they don't... and I'm ashamed...  :blush: maybe I attached the reactors wrong way because when I try to attach tail rudders to them rudders were reversed... does attaching matters?... Also I had weird problems with symmetry... mirror wont work  but nevermind that... now the latest stupidity is that pre - coolers are overheating and exploding during warp time... on the dark side of the planet... beside of small radial radiators attached to them... but they are (pre-coolers) not part of the interstellar so I shouldn't bother you with that... I think I have all those nodes opened I'll try in sandbox...

Edit:

Tried in sandbox it works...

Edited by NeverEnoughFuel!!

7 hours ago, NeverEnoughFuel!! said:

Well, I didn't want to quote you because of large text... I don't have open resource mod installed I have community resource 0.4.5.0 should I uninstall it? Which one fits better with interstellar? Somehow they work again... i.e. sometimes they do sometimes they don't... and I'm ashamed...  :blush: maybe I attached the reactors wrong way because when I try to attach tail rudders to them rudders were reversed... does attaching matters?... Also I had weird problems with symmetry... mirror wont work  but nevermind that... now the latest stupidity is that pre - coolers are overheating and exploding during warp time... on the dark side of the planet... beside of small radial radiators attached to them... but they are (pre-coolers) not part of the interstellar so I shouldn't bother you with that... I think I have all those nodes opened I'll try in sandbox...

Edit:

Tried in sandbox it works...

I dug deeper and Open resource mod is part of interstellar, pretty much the only thing that can be happening here is another mod is altering the way one of the resources work and it is causing KSPI-E to trip. 

Reactors should not matter what way they point. 

I have a small ship made basically how you showed your ship was made, see if this one fly's (Remember there is a small amount of Ox in this so the light bulb will also run in afterburner for a bit but most of the fuel is just liquid fuel) 
I know it fly's like a plate so I will not judge if it takes 10 launches to get up.   Also see if maybe you are reverting or something as root nodes trip during reverts. 
*Ah crap that contains proprietary mods*  Sorry about that... I will have to make a stock + KSPI-E mod one.
Edit: Here you go, this one works on stock https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22126744/test%207_3.zip

Edited by Profit-

Hi,

I'm having a small problem and wondering if anyone has an idea.

I'm using the Intertial Confinement Fusion Reactor with Deteurium + Tritium and everything runs, but the Deteurium and Tritium doesn't transfer automatically from either: a D&T cryostat directly inline above the reactor, or a radial tank connected via fuel lines (both ways). If left, it will just use up all the D&T in the reactor and shutdown. It transfers fine via alt + right click though. It just means that I have to be extra vigilant while fast-forwarding.

2 hours ago, StompChomp said:

Hi,

I'm using the Intertial Confinement Fusion Reactor with Deteurium + Tritium and everything runs, but the Deteurium and Tritium doesn't transfer automatically from either: a D&T cryostat directly inline above the reactor, or a radial tank connected via fuel lines (both ways). If left, it will just use up all the D&T in the reactor and shutdown. It transfers fine via alt + right click though. It just means that I have to be extra vigilant while fast-forwarding.

that is not behavior that has been observed.  do you have any fuel transfer mods?

9 hours ago, StompChomp said:

Hi,

Sure it is a problem, the Reactor should take the full from everywhere, it should´t have to by in the reactor.

0y9YiAg.png

PS: @Profit- please spoiler the code in your post.

Edited by EnigmaG

On 12/12/2015, 11:27:00, Profit- said:

Yes, the prices are wrong (IMHO).  I will make a pull request... Do you think 6,350 is a good price for the retractable ones? And 5350 for the curved retractable..  I also upped their part attainment cost a little as well. 

I'm playing career and suck at doing contracts, so I'd be happy with the standard ones being cheaper :P

The 650 price I believe is based off of the vanilla RCS Thruster Block (which is 620). A 5% to 50% price increase for retractability seems reasonable. However, I'm a little stumped why the price for the baseline resistojets is 2-3.4k. Reading the description, it's just super-heating the fuel.

My inclination would be to drop the cost of the baseline resistojets to closer to 1-1.8k, with the retractable ones at around 1.5-2.5k. (But again, I don't know why the baseline ones were priced as they were.) If the baseline resistojets are priced properly, I'd put the retractable ones to 3k (50% more than the four-directional resistojet).

2 hours ago, nezumi said:

I'm playing career and suck at doing contracts, so I'd be happy with the standard ones being cheaper :P

The 650 price I believe is based off of the vanilla RCS Thruster Block (which is 620). A 5% to 50% price increase for retractability seems reasonable. However, I'm a little stumped why the price for the baseline resistojets is 2-3.4k. Reading the description, it's just super-heating the fuel.

My inclination would be to drop the cost of the baseline resistojets to closer to 1-1.8k, with the retractable ones at around 1.5-2.5k. (But again, I don't know why the baseline ones were priced as they were.) If the baseline resistojets are priced properly, I'd put the retractable ones to 3k (50% more than the four-directional resistojet).

They are actually specialized arc-jets.  normal RCS is a simple tube where two fuels mix and burn, these are actually fairly complex, especially when you add the specialized high voltage transformer components 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcjet_rocket

Edited by Profit-

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.