[0.20] RemoteTech: Relay Network – V 0.5.0.1

JDP

ahh wish i knew how when u guys update the mod how its gonna break old sats. this is one of the few mods i dont play without and hate to play knowing all my sats will die.

Patients young Grasshopper....wax on....wax off....

sigh now kethane is broken and was gonna make some minng operations while i waited. got the way i dont play ksp without remotetech, ironcross support, kethane and deadly reentry working

Could someone tell me why I can't get a connection to my main craft from my satellite?

ddq8w47.png

Seen as noone else replied to you, have you targeted your main ship with one of the dishes on the Sat?

Is your sat receiving a signal from mission control?

Before you lost control of your main craft did you target the sat with you dish?

Also worth noting that any satellite you have should have at least 2 forms of communication, i.e if its part of a relay network then it will need a min of 3 dishes this way you can have one dish pointed at mission control/or closest dish in line of sight to MC, then there a dish to point to and craft you want to control thats in line of sight and the 3rd dish will pick up any signels that are set via craft that are targeting kerbin!

I find that its best to have each sat in orbit point to the next one in line (aslong as there in geosync) and the one above MC points to MC then and ship I send up I have and antenna that will automaticly target the nearest comsat, if the ship is goin deeper in space then I will set whatever dish that on the ship to point at kerbin not at any one sat at the planet itself! Doing this it will always target the closest dish with the shortest relay to MC.

I hope this makes sence and helps you :D

me what i do is have 2 dishes on a sat aroound kerbin 1 dish points to MC the other to kerbil. that way long as your sat has a clear veiw opf kerbil with a sat on the side its facing then u have a connection. what i do since i alsouse gps is i put a sat up every 15 degrees around the planet. also the sats are launched 1 hour apart(once the sat has been up a hour launch next one.)

the 3rd dish will pick up any signels that are set via craft that are targeting kerbin!

...I had no idea that this was something you could do. I assume that the craft has to be sufficiently far away from Kerbin for this to work, probably outside of its SOI?

Is there currently a way (or will the new version have a way) of sending delayed action group commands to a remote probe? It would be great to be able to do something like this:

Hey you probe, you are about to perform an aerocapture. I want you to trigger action group 1 in five minutes (closes dishes and panels etc, probe goes "out of contact"), and action group 1 again in 20 minutes (reopens dishes and restores communication link)

(I just learned the hard way that the fancy tracking dishes don't survive entering Dunas atmosphere at 4700 m/s. Curiously enough, the large solar panels were totally fine with the maneuver. Well, just another piece of space debris, i love the game!)

Edited by SirJodelstein

Is there currently a way (or will the new version have a way) of sending delayed action group commands to a remote probe? It would be great to be able to do something like this:

Hey you probe, you are about to perform an aerocapture. I want you to trigger action group 1 in five minutes (closes dishes and panels etc, probe goes "out of contact"), and action group 1 again in 20 minutes (reopens dishes and restores communication link)

(I just learned the hard way that the fancy tracking dishes don't survive entering Dunas atmosphere at 4700 m/s. Curiously enough, the large solar panels were totally fine with the maneuver. Well, just another piece of space debris, i love the game!)

That is a killer idea. Maybe even as a whole separate mod. I'll look into it, can't be that complicated.

Does the new version break compatibility? I'm currently on 0.20.2 and finishing few missions and waiting for your new version so I don't have to reset everything twice (with 0.21 once and then your break).

Fabian

Does the new version break compatibility? I'm currently on 0.20.2 and finishing few missions and waiting for your new version so I don't have to reset everything twice (with 0.21 once and then your break).

Fabian

My network seems to be working as usual.

Fabian[/Q]

mod is working but anything that u put on a ship with remotetech enabled u wont be able to use the new sas

That is a killer idea. Maybe even as a whole separate mod. I'll look into it, can't be that complicated.

Without the requirements for communication lines and communication delays, i cannot think of a use case that would require these kind of pre-planned actions - without these restrictions, you can always just trigger the action group directly whenever you need it. But anyway, if you or someone does this as a mod, I'll check it out.

I really hope the next version will bring a more sophisticated programmable flight computer, that support several commands (including actions and staging), and different trigger conditions (altitude above ground, orbital/surface velocity etc). Then it would be possible (but still very hard) to do a remote landing on remote celestial bodies

Fabian[/Q]

mod is working but anything that u put on a ship with remotetech enabled u wont be able to use the new sas

Working fine for me, SAS and all.

for me anytime i add anything with remotetech the new sas stops working. even adding the new sas function to the remote tech parts and it still dont work unless the .21.1 changed that

Just a little heads up I have this working in .21.1 all my sats are still online and can communicate with everything, the only problem I see is im almost positive this mods the one giving me mental lag in space, but hay I can live with that till its updated :)

Fabian

It's not because of the new SAS. But they said the new version of RT (not 0.5.0.1) will break compatibility with 0.5.0.1.

Fabian

But, as was already stated few pages ago - the next RemoteTech version will break the compatibility with the previous versions, so anyone thinking of using the current version is better off waiting.

You might be able to do this with ProgCom, which is a mod where you can manually pre-program (with code, not a GUI) commands into the computer. I only heard of it a few days ago and haven't tried it out yet since I'm waiting for RemoteTech to be updated to get back into KSP. In theory it should work, my only concern would be that even if you program the event while you're in contact RemoteTech would prevent ProgCom from actually executing its command while you're out of contact. If it works it'd definitely be a fun and immersive way to do unmanned missions!

Hey guys long time reader, first time poster. Would like to say LOVE YOUR MOD, this mod has given me many more reasons to want to play this game! I hope the mod continues and flourishes as it's one of the best reasons to play this game!!

On to some grim news... I have got remote tech and it seems to work fine as in all the satellites around Kerbin are functional (i can see the little blue lines connecting them all togeather). Ok now All the satelites I have are equiped with 5 dishes, as well as a diapole and 2 comunitron 18 (??) antena. All the satelites have 1 dish pointed to kerbin, and the rest are all pointed to various places including Mun and Minimus The satelites have power and they seem to work fine at short distances (I see blue lines connecting them all togeather)

Now the problem is that as I have said I cant make transmissions at long range!! As soon as my probe takes off toward minimus, I lose contact with it at about 1/3 the way there. I have tried setting both the probe and the satelite to target eachother (probe target Kerbin, satelites target probe/ minimus) But no combination works! It's like I can only make short range transmissions using the diapole/antena! Just a heads up I have only tried using the static satelites (the really big one and 4 of the duna range ones) But As I have read previously I think the non tracking ones should work right?

Ok I'm running game version 2.02 and I'll list the mods that are in my gamedate folder.

B9_Aerospace

BobCatind

CleverWalrus

CrewManifest

DeadlyReentry

DRobotics

ExsurgentEngineering

Extraplanetary Launchpads

FASA_Asteroids

FerramAerospaceResearch

FireSpitter

Girder Pack 1.1

JARFR_CRSS

Kas

Keramzit

Kerbaltek

Kethane

KineTechAnimation

KWRocketry

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

ModularFuelTanks

ModuelManagerSourcesxx

nothke_DROMOMAN

PartCatalog

ProceduralDynamics

ResGen

Romfarer

Squad

StockImprovementProject

subassemblyloader

Ok that's everything!! Hope someone can fix my problem, as I really love remote tech, and It wouldn't feel right playing on without it!!

This functionality is in the new standard flight computer. On top of that I hope to finish DCPU integration so you can program probes in fictional assembly or C like Progcom.

I'd like to remind everyone that RemoteTech 0.5.0.1 (latest) is unsupported.

Wait for the new RemoteTech 2.0 which will break compatibility.

This functionality is in the new standard flight computer.

Imagine I have a single probe with an attached lander orbiting Duna. Can I release the lander, and give a set of instructions that will make it burn into a decaying orbit, deploy parachutes, and then deploy the landing legs? Assuming I get the timing right, does that mean I could make it land despite a long communication delay, or even losing contact?

Imagine I have a single probe with an attached lander orbiting Duna. Can I release the lander, and give a set of instructions that will make it burn into a decaying orbit, deploy parachutes, and then deploy the landing legs? Assuming I get the timing right, does that mean I could make it land despite a long communication delay, or even losing contact?

It's as simple as setting an extra delay under the Queue tab, telling it to burn, press an action group key, hit G, et voila. Just don't have the craft unload.

Alternatively, you can write a program for the DCPU that all automates this using sensor data.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5470754/screenshot5.png

It now runs Tetris.

Edited by Cilph

Hi Cilph, sorry to bother you about this, but I wondered if you could tell us _what_ breaks the compatibility. Craft won't work, from changed partnames? (And thus sfs file will be auto-cleaned)? Or are you actually adding stuff that will only get written to SFS or plugindata on starting a new game? I'm perfectly happy to hand-edit my sfs file if necessary.