Stock(ish*) Apollo Moon Mission Replica (WIP)

So, a few months back I started work on a replica of the Saturn V and the various other components associated with the Moon missions. I started work first on the Lunar Module, as I thought it would be the hardest thing to build. Indeed it was, and it took me quite a while to get it working right with the custom legs and whatnot. It came out looking pretty good (imho) though!

Lna6zJo.jpg

Finally finished with that vehicle, I started work on the Apollo CSM and S-IVB. Those are mostly complete now:

apkvpgM.jpg

6d95TfS.jpg

I forgot to put on the boost cover between the CM and the LES though, and the CM could probably use some improvements on the details. I also need to modify that bottom bit of the fairing that's on the engine bell as it currently interferes with the engine firing.

Also I have a bare-bones starter for the S-II stage.

wjoNGNF.jpg

I made the basic structural tube for the S-IC stage, but I've kind of lost the drive I once had to finish the thing, no doubt due to my ADHD which has in the past made it hard for me to finish many work-intensive projects. However, I don't want this work to go to waste. Would anyone else be interested in continuing the project? I don't recommend this for anyone afraid of lag because just the portion from the S-IVB up totals 454 parts, and probably when everything is put together it will be 1k.

If you are interested, please PM me! We can discuss... things... and I can share the craft files and help and... stuff...

Anyways I'd love to be able to eventually release this as a joint project! :) Heck, redo significant parts of it if you think you can do a better job!

I just feel like my lander is crying every time I scroll past it because it can't go to the Mun (Moon?) where it feels best at home. :(

Notes:

Scale is 5/6ths. Yes I know it's a strange number, but I started using it as my standard after I made my first replica, an Airbus A-380, and it just so happened to be 5/6ths scale, even though I hadn't started work on it with that in mind. I want my replicas to have accurate scale relative to each-other, and it would have been a PITA to rebuild the 450 or so part A-380, so that's why they've all got that oddball scale now

* This "ish" comes from the fact that I have edited the craft files to some degree to put more fuel into some fuel tanks, eliminate the capacity on others, increase/decrease thrust for some engines, not because I couldn't make the thing work with default part settings, but simply because I want to reduce the number of parts used. As it stands it's probably going to be about 1k finished, I don't want it to be 1.5k because of using a lot of fuel tanks and clipped engines (there aren't any engines big enough and with enough thrust to match the massive F-1s, even at somewhat reduced scale). Despite these edits the craft will be fully loadable in any stock game (well, assuming your computer can handle it) and will fly the same.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139
typo

Hello Epicspacetroll139,

I have your old craft file from Kerbal x, is it possible to have the new one, please? I'm curious to see how your custom legs work.

If you don't want to share it yet, i'm ok with that, but i want to learn how you have make those legs, would be cool from you, thx.

Ps: sorry for the bad english, cuz i'm not ^^

Edited by Kowael

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.