Best Landing So Far

NewtSoup

I know others have done it and I won't be the last either but I was particularly please with this result.

Having rescued Parey from the suface of The Mun and Oremy from orbit of the same I let them have a few hours R & R and snacks aboard the space bus docked at Babylon K ( Only Parey was granted access to the K proper due to the all female crew, no boys allowed! ).  Once refreshed they were taken by Space Bus ( previously Level Up Bus in another thread but renamed ) to Kerbin Orbital Station where they transfered to a rocket bus flown by Valentina.  As Valentina had a go at throwing the ship at the KSC.  The results were better than expected.  At 7km up things were looking very promising!

qQTGF8I.png

Then at 1100 meters she remembered that she should probably open parachutes at this point.

ylBdpOI.png

The final result being a gentle touchdown on the landing gear just 1.8km from the VAB

Edited by NewtSoup

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.