Requesting Voice Actors For A KSP Cinematic

ZooNamedGames

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

(speaking English)

Just a suggestion, but I think it's more immersive when kerbals speak in "Kerbish" (reversed Spanish) in cinematics instead of the usual high pitched English.

And I'm not sure if I can be of much use, I can speak English fine but sometimes my Brazilian accent slips in.

16 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

Just a suggestion, but I think it's more immersive when kerbals speak in "Kerbish" (reversed Spanish) in cinematics instead of the usual high pitched English.

And I'm not sure if I can be of much use, I can speak English fine but sometimes my Brazilian accent slips in.

I'm wanting to emulate a real launch and sometimes it's more epic to at least vaguely understand what's being said (even if you can't discern the details). 

I'm really wanting to emulate a space shuttle launch like this- 

Especially with the crew/mission control loops audible.

Frankly this is going to debut the return of my Saturn Shuttle program :) .

8 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'm wanting to emulate a real launch and sometimes it's more epic to at least vaguely understand what's being said (even if you can't discern the details). 

I'm really wanting to emulate a space shuttle launch like this- 

I could watch that launch 100 times over and still not get tired of it... :)

What about using a sound editing software? I've got two: Sony's Soundforge and ACIDstudio... and I can do all sorts of stuff with an audio file. Something like this I think you could alter English enough to "Kerbalize" it and still have it more or less understandable.

Edited by Just Jim

11 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I could watch that launch 100 times over and still not get tired of it... :)

What about using a sound editing software? I've got two: Sony's Soundforge and ACIDstudio... and I can do all sorts of stuff with an audio file. Something like this I think you could alter English enough to "Kerbalize" it and still have it more or less understandable.

Could I hire you for the editing team? Since those are some good software that I could use! Best I'd use is Audacity. 

Maybe we could do two versions. The only variant I'd like and the Kerbal version others will see.

I plan on moving my SSP to the SSRSS world so English would be more fitting.

Wow. We should just reuse that video for every shuttle launch, swapping out orbiter names and flight numbers as needed.

Unfortunately I don't think I'd be of much use to you, I only sound good when I write. However, I'll tell some friends about this the next chance I have- interesting to see how this turns out!

10 minutes ago, Confused Scientist said:

Wow. We should just reuse that video for every shuttle launch, swapping out orbiter names and flight numbers as needed.

Unfortunately I don't think I'd be of much use to you, I only sound good when I write. However, I'll tell some friends about this the next chance I have- interesting to see how this turns out!

Thankfully I already have a shuttle fleet ready and waiting for use :) . So names and numbers are no problem!

Any help is appreciated, even if you can't participate. So thank you.

36 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Could I hire you for the editing team? Since those are some good software that I could use! Best I'd use is Audacity.

I was just throwing the suggestion out there. I mean, don't take that wrong, but 99.9% of my free time goes into writing Emiko. I'd be afraid of committing to something I couldn't follow through with.

Just now, Just Jim said:

I was just throwing the suggestion out there. I mean, don't take that wrong, but 99.9% of my free time goes into writing Emiko. I'd be afraid of committing to something I couldn't follow through with.

Well if you can't then we'll just fall back to something else. 

Shame though.

2 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

I could quite possibly help, I speak English, have a good mic, and can send MP3's.

Awesome. 

Do you have discord/can you get it? (Discord is basically Skype (minus video calling) but for gamers).

I'd like to use it to discuss and talk to all of the voice actors.

Plus it'll make sharing files significantly easier

5 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Awesome. 

Do you have discord/can you get it? (Discord is basically Skype (minus video calling) but for gamers).

I'd like to use it to discuss and talk to all of the voice actors.

Plus it'll make sharing files significantly easier

I will look into getting it, as I usually use IRC and/or Gmail.

3 hours ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

I am about 95% certain that I want to, but when I can do the acting is kinda a "mess" (?) I don`t know when exactly I can, but i`ll do my best to try and get it done relatively quickly.

Thankfully it's up to you since all I have to do is give you the material and then you can try it out. 

However there's is a discord server (I'll link in a PM) that we're using and will use to share files and talk. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.