The STOL challenge!

So! Its another challenge, but for Short Take-off Or Landing (STOL) aircraft.  you may use airplanes plus, firespitter, and KAX, Prop substitutes are A-ok (like a wheezly flipped around and set for reverse thrust)

Rules:

No rockets... Maas :wink:

Must be stol (obviously)

must be fixed wing... Jim :wink:

please don`t clip thousands of engines on an aircraft

lands/takes off under 50 m/s - 1 PT

lands/takes off under 40 - 2 PT

lands/takes off under 30 - 3 PT

lands/takes off under 20 - 5 PT

lands/takes off under 10 - 10 PT

lands or takes off at 5 or under - 20 PT, i`ll need to see proof though (video)

also! Take-off/landing rolls! (use the point system but instead of m/s just use meters)

Now remember, fly it like you STOL it!

ENJOY!

Edited by RoadRunnerAerospace

My Entry, I introduce you to the ADX G-Type "Snubnose"

5 Points

Vital Stats;

• Rotate; 35 m/s
  • Lift Off 40 m/s (She accelerates fast, I know pic is showing 41 m/s. Fly her if you doubt me).
  • Landing Speed - 25 m/s
    • 15G?
      • EASY!

Available now from Andetch Theoretical Systems; https://kerbalx.com/hangars/22966

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/Vv7gE

2xlJoew.png

SPGeMWC.png

Edited by Andetch
Format Mistake

Ah, so does my flying gull wing count that lifts off at 8 m/s and swiftly lands/crashes seconds later at 24 m/s score anything? Hehehe..

The ADX-G is a fully capable craft, very easy to fly - and agile!

Thanks for the challenge! Was interesting to get the balance issues sorted.

Last November I tried creating my own "STOL to orbit" challenge, but there were no takers.

This was my proof of concept.     Reckon I could do better these days,  though that low landing speed sure did help at the other end.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cl28rilxvmbqep7/stol.craft?dl=0

OK,  I put together another hot mess of wings  aircraft.    Don't worry about those Laval nozzles , there's no oxidizer on board !

I wanted to get airborne before the second set of piano keys (i did), and below 30 m/s (failed - positive rate of climb didn't appear till 30.8m/s).       The service ceiling seems pretty high though.   

The rear big S wing is attached to the first which seems to cause a physics Kraken rolling motion in flight.    It's not severe but annoying as hell coupled with the small tail fins and lack of dihedral. 

The Bryntröll is a hyper-maneuverable supersonic jet fighter that possesses some rather extreme STOL capabilities.  The takeoff speed is a mere 38m/s which the Bryntröll reaches in less than 30m, and the landing speed is an impressive 30m/s with a correspondingly short roll-out.  Powered by two thrust vectoring Panther engines, the Bryntröll is also capable of some bewildering maneuvers, some of which can lead to an unexpected rendezvous with the ground if preformed at to low of an altitude.

KerbalX link

RVol1KF.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.