Looking For A Super Large Payload Launcher

I am thinking of a new space station to make which will be a massive refueling station in orbit of Iota which is in the GPP mod (its the equivalent of the Mun) but i need a supper heavy launch vehicle that dose not relatively break the bank at least for a super massive rocket so re-usability helps because I would prefer less parts and I am playing in career mode and mods are fine although I would prefer if it was not some crazy ship from KSPI Extended that requires megajouls and rare resources,  I am also playing in KSP 1.2.2 but I do have some mods like RSB that I have gotten to work with 1.2.2. the station I am launching is massive and and is called the Deep Space Gateway but weighs about 850x more than the what the real thing will weigh so about 7,622T although it will be assembled in multiple parts that is also the 1st part the purpose of this station the second will be a huge rover ore extracting rover thing on the surface of Iota/Mun.  Also do you know any mods that add in stuff that could help.

Mods are OK because they decrease part count in most scenarios. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yftwfzfb2vir1dv/Screenshot 2017-09-09 20.59.45.png?dl=0

Edited by flashfire2205

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how well this craft will fly in Stock, as I designed it for Ferram Aerospace. But maybe this lifter can help you send up a space station in 40 t pieces.

FatStar2-2.png

I've since modified it but haven't uploaded the changes yet. In stock aero I'll bet it has a much lower stall speed, making it easier to land. You might want to enable and fill the rear wings' fuel tanks to compensate for the stock aero drag, and get more air-breathing time in the middle atmosphere.

Craft file (18 KB ZIP)

(Oh right!) To use the craft in KSP 1.2.2, edit the file to change the KSP version from 1.3.0. It uses 1.2.2-available parts.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk

1 minute ago, scottadges said:

O to the MFG. That thing is insane. What is the total weight of the launcher? And I gotta ask... TWR? LOL

Weight:
58,922.1 tons

Stage t/w:
1                  (bottom): 1.21
2                  (second): 1.41
3 (top layer engines): 1.62

On 9/26/2017 at 8:53 PM, He_162 said:

I'm working on a 10,000 ton to orbit launcher right now actually
Just fixing some final structural issues with the bottom stages (drop tanks)
84XL5P9.png

That looks awesome!. but I am playing in career so I assume that costs a ton also what FPS do you get using that. 

21 hours ago, flashfire2205 said:

That looks awesome!. but I am playing in career so I assume that costs a ton also what FPS do you get using that. 

1 to 3 fps, and it costs 25 million kerbucks.

That being said, I've modified it into a SSTO, and I'm working on a method of keeping it stable on the launchpad for launch. I'll keep you updated, but it's 1550 parts so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to find a way for it to spawn on the launchpad without breaking it, and no amount of launch clamps (even 1,136 clamps) could keep it still enough to prevent some fuel tanks from breaking off of the design, so I am hard at work looking for new ways of spawning in my craft that prevent it from taking damage, or destroying the launchpad and itself in the process.

Until then, I'll continue work on my efficient 3000 ton (to mun orbit) lifter.

Edited by He_162

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.